PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the first MTS 2010 Creator Challenge!

Tashiketh
24th Mar 2010, 9:07 AM
Hi All,

We haven't seen a challenge here on MTS for quite some time, but now, with the maturity of a lot of the Sims 3 creation processes, we can finally have a challenge that incoporates both games... So, without further ado, I present to you:

The MTS Medieval / Renaissance Challenge

I realise that there have been quite a lot of Sims 2 medieval items, buildings and Sims made, but now is your chance to use 5 years of experience to make the best ever items, or if you are new, why not try out something challenging?

This is your chance to try out something new - maybe make some patterns instead of sims, or a lot instead of patterns, or perhaps try out an object or two?

Sims, lots, objects, anything is possible - use your imagination!

This challenge is open until 17th April 2010 at midnight CET, then voting will commence. Winners will get an achievement on thier profile.

Please note: When uploading for this challenge, upload to the normal area of the site where you will find the normal downloads but make sure to add a keyword of "medieval challenge" - this is found on the page in the upload wizard just after the main text entry.

We look forward to seeing your submissions!

leefish
24th Mar 2010, 2:40 PM
Yay a challenge! Is this like other challenges where we could do multiple submissions? (Good timing by the way - lots of holiday days coming up).

HystericalParoxysm
24th Mar 2010, 2:45 PM
Yup, you can submit as many items to the challenge theme as you want. :)

pegasaus
24th Mar 2010, 2:59 PM
This sounds amazing! I have never entered any challenge, and this one really matches my style, but sadly I decided to take a big break from sims. Maybe, if I decide to play it again, maybe I will upload something. But I'm not really sure.

sunni9676
24th Mar 2010, 3:34 PM
Yesterday I uploaded something medieval that hasnt been approved/rejected yet - any way to get that in the challenge?

fanseelamb
24th Mar 2010, 5:23 PM
Absolutely, sunni! You're in. :)

MogHughson
24th Mar 2010, 5:52 PM
What excellent timing Sunni!!

sunni9676
24th Mar 2010, 5:57 PM
Yeah, I just got into making my medieval themed hood....It's like they're reading my mind lol!

jhd1189
24th Mar 2010, 7:07 PM
This sounds fun! I'm looking forward to seeing what everybody comes up with. :)

Sparklypotato
24th Mar 2010, 8:19 PM
Oooh *runs off to get inspiration*

yorkielove1
24th Mar 2010, 11:46 PM
is it for sims 3 or 2

BandoGurl4515
25th Mar 2010, 3:01 AM
Does Elizabethan/Tudor count? or is this strictly Medieval and Renaissance?

sunni9676
25th Mar 2010, 5:18 AM
I was under the impression that the Elizabethan and Tudors fall under Medieval. I have seen Tudor referred to as Medieval Revival. But I could be wrong (there are precedents).

Rikachu
25th Mar 2010, 5:31 AM
Yay, challenge! :) Time to get to work, I guess.

MogHughson
25th Mar 2010, 9:42 PM
is it for sims 3 or 2It's for Both.

we can finally have a challenge that incoporates both games

leefish
25th Mar 2010, 10:08 PM

For a really rough guideline - I would say if men wore tights as part of their everyday dress = in the timeframe. That makes Tudor in, Stuarts after James the first/sixth = out.

yorkielove1
26th Mar 2010, 2:53 AM
thx modhughson

VladCrau
26th Mar 2010, 10:49 AM
Woohoo! Medieval challenge! I'm in!

joninmobile
26th Mar 2010, 6:39 PM
I'm so excited! I missed the challenges so much, thanks so very much Delphy and staff! :D .

Vampire_of_Death
26th Mar 2010, 7:23 PM
Thank you all so much, I was really missing the challenges.

Robodl95
27th Mar 2010, 5:46 PM
YAY! I really was just thinking the other day how much I wish there was more medieval stuff!

I don't know if I'll be able to submit anything but we'll see

Vampire_aninyosaloh
27th Mar 2010, 9:59 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! =DD I'm so excited with this!! Thanks a lot!! ^-^

child_of_air
27th Mar 2010, 10:10 PM
Oh, can't wait! I will be submitting for sure! :)

Anubis360
27th Mar 2010, 10:47 PM
yay! I always wanted to participate in one of MTS challenges! :bunny:

StephSim
27th Mar 2010, 10:51 PM
:giggler:

This is ironic...Just heard about the Medieval Challenge this morning...The motivation to complete my medieval project has been waivering especially since the hubby and I have been traveling for the past 2 weeks. It's good to be home...and I decided to make my medieval project my goal and complete it by my birthday...which is April 24th...Perhaps this will make me finish my medieval project a bit ahead of schedule for the Challenge...We shall see...This project has had a long history and it's something I must have closure on...Yes...we shall see! :)

Lavaster
27th Mar 2010, 11:01 PM
What's so funny is that I just moved on to the next lesson (Roman Catholic Church) in my current Renaissance class. That's so ironic!

mustluvcatz
27th Mar 2010, 11:11 PM
Would stained glass windows with a religious theme be considered medieval? I've actually read a bit about it and the answer seems to be "yes", but some of the windows I'm working on have flowers..also some of the frames are wooden. If the whole set would count- hopefully I can get them done in time.

IndycentSimCreations
27th Mar 2010, 11:13 PM
ill make a lot as good as i can for this challenge!

pegasaus
27th Mar 2010, 11:32 PM
Well right now, when I read all those comments, in my head are just these words 'you can't left MTS now, not now when everyone are working on your favorite period & style after fantasy. I must work with them too' :)

This means that I will try to enter the challenge and upload something medieval, even that my profile is full with this kind of lots ;)

Ebonova
27th Mar 2010, 11:54 PM
YES! Finally a challenge!

Maffers87
28th Mar 2010, 12:03 AM
YAY! I'm so excited! I haven't played The Sims 3 in months I think partly because there wasn't a lot of Medieval/Renaissance items to play with. I'm really looking forward to seeing the submissions!

Tremayne7
28th Mar 2010, 12:00 AM

Yes, the Tudors count as part of the Renaissance. Think of anything before 1600 as falling into that category.

I do Medieval Recreation in the SCA in RL. :)

gannon
28th Mar 2010, 12:25 AM
wow this is a great way to really join the group, i have a full suit of armor me and my father made i will most likely relase this and a castle that my favorite sim lives in.

skmt999
28th Mar 2010, 12:25 AM
This is great timing! It'll get me off my butt for one of three projects I've been contemplating but not doing anything on. Assuming I don't get frustrated and give up halfway through, this will be my first set of submissions here!!

Tremayne, what Kingdom? I'm in Calontir, off in the middle of nowhere. :)

Esmeralda
28th Mar 2010, 12:42 AM
Yes, this is great, I'd been meaning to do more medieval stuff for some time but this has made me get off my butt too and upload a couple more, and I hope to do at least one or two more. And if it means lots of other people being inspired to do the same, it will result in a fantastic increase of medieval goodies for our simmies - am looking forward to that!

orangemittens
28th Mar 2010, 12:40 AM
Is Medieval artwork allowed...actual images created by Medieval artists?

Lol Leesester...men in tights. I guess depending on the...er...attributes...of the man in question that might not be unattractive. :p

auntielynds
28th Mar 2010, 1:32 AM
Yay!

I'm making a medieval World with CAW and theres not much out there to decorate it up.

I'm a happy, happy girl :bunny:

candlelight82
28th Mar 2010, 2:23 AM
ahh medieval, i love it :)

iluvsimscw
28th Mar 2010, 2:44 AM
Oooooh, fun! I'm new, so this'll be exciting for me! Maybe I can get something in! :giggler:

jarod95
28th Mar 2010, 2:49 AM
another challange, cool.

AnnieBonnie
28th Mar 2010, 3:04 AM
OMG!!!! I can't mesh , but I sure can make castles

Kittypaw9820
28th Mar 2010, 3:59 AM
Yay!! I was wondering when there would be another challenge! This will be my first challenge yet! I currently am making what I will enter in the challenge right now! :anime: :D :anime:

omgcakes
28th Mar 2010, 4:42 AM
ZOMG i am super excited. i am going to jazz up some of my own custom content and get it ready for you guys. i totally owe you all some uploads as i use so many of your files. i promise not to let you all down xoxox

blooddoll1332
28th Mar 2010, 4:54 AM
omg..i am so thrilled that possibly more Medieval/Renaissance stuff will be on its way,.definitely need more items for sims3 and i still collect those items for 2 as well..plz do some Tudor..want to recreate my Henry VIII family i had in S2..in S3 soon..:D :jest: :rofl: :up:

Sims2lovealot
28th Mar 2010, 7:13 AM
Ooooh thank you thank you thank you!!! I'm sooo excited!! Hmmmm....I could make a castle, clothes, objects...must find a pad to write this stuff down.

Tashiketh
28th Mar 2010, 8:29 AM
orangemittens: Normal upload rules apply, which includes to artwork.

kiwi_tea
28th Mar 2010, 10:28 AM
I hope to see some really fantastic stuff for TS3 out of this, as well and some awesome TS2 contributions. Very cool challenge, good luck peeps!

(EDIT: We need Pescado to make Ye Olde Maggot Catapult, send those maggots flying!)

SimsShine
28th Mar 2010, 11:07 AM
Yay, a challenge!
Hope I have some time left to take part and create something cool.
Hopefully there will follow more challenges!

Petchy
28th Mar 2010, 12:54 PM
Mmmm, Not really into this sort of stuff - but I'll be eagerly watching all the same :)

gluecki
28th Mar 2010, 1:47 PM
Renaissance! Leonardo Da Vinci! 30 Years War!!

Uh yeah :D! :bunny:

Astrognash
28th Mar 2010, 3:08 PM
Darn. If I could only mesh (read as: Afford a mesh program of quality, because I've always been confused out of my mind by blender) I'd make a Henry VIII sim, complete with a turkey drumstick accessory.

Or perhaps some Buboes for our sims' necks.

But as it is, I'm stuck with the uninteresting things, like houses and sims who aren't grossly overweight.

motheranne
28th Mar 2010, 3:40 PM
Woo Hoo, a few weeks ago I tryed to make a castle and gave up. Now I have some more motivation to keep trying!!

oscarzoa
28th Mar 2010, 5:28 PM
Fabulous! I suck at uploading stuff here, especially full sims *Facepalm* But I'll have a go *Mischevious smile*

helen bassett
28th Mar 2010, 7:27 PM
well it will help me when i sort out my game problem and the houses will fit with my neighbourhood when i reinstall my games lol

BillySIMS139
28th Mar 2010, 11:14 PM
My medieval sims 2 village is going to have even more to decorate it!
Maybe I'll finally have more objects created for blacksmith, bee keeping, butcher, baker and candle making.... oooooh that would be great! :bunny:
Well, by others. But I can recolor!

MissMindy1982
29th Mar 2010, 4:13 AM
Wow this challenge comes in perfect timing for me, I've been on a search far and wide for medieval sims stuff and I found what there is in existence on sites that I know of! I can't wait to see what more people can make, I'm not good at deving for Sims but might I suggest, MORE male medival tunics for all ages from toddler to elder! and palaces and peasant apartment complexes and stuff! Those would all be great to see cuz I am trying to get things in order to do such a series where its all medival and I NEED stuff, but can't make it myself! Thanks for this challenge everyone...oh yeah I need Sims 2 stuff LOL I don't do Sims 3 heh! :king: :jest: :Pint: :help: :blink: :rofl: :lovestruc :wtf:

Exotic011
29th Mar 2010, 6:29 AM
Oh yay! I have been waiting months for a challenge, I've always wanted to try one, gives me an excuse to fire up the sims right away instead of putting it off for weeks :)
I think I might make some clothes and make-up and then put it together to make a fully Exotically-made, medieval sim!
Happy simming!
-Exo

haifen
30th Mar 2010, 9:40 AM

The entirety of the Tudor Dynasty was during the Renaissance.

This is mostly a pet peeve of mine... but I find that people forget there was a baroque/rococo period (despite it being ARGUABLY the most glamorous periods - think JUST before Napoleon but after the the Stuarts in England) when making TS2 junk. Is it possible to widen the challenge to include these eras? Like how anal will the deciders of what goes in the challenge or not be about period uploads?

HystericalParoxysm
30th Mar 2010, 9:47 AM
I don't think we're going to be too picky - as long as it's roughly in the right time frame and style I think it'll be fine. :)

Dj Music
30th Mar 2010, 11:58 AM
Hopefully I can get my computer back and working in time to get something in. :)

nightwitch
30th Mar 2010, 1:04 PM
I will give it my best.

LeSimSim
30th Mar 2010, 11:08 PM
I'll try it. :)

kadience
30th Mar 2010, 11:09 PM
Ooh, I might actually do this one. Too many holidays coming up, homework won't keep entertained for long, so this may be a good idea for me. :)

Wartooth
31st Mar 2010, 1:06 AM
Ooh! This is great! I have something to strive to now!

And this is my first contest... so I'm very much lookings forward to entering something.

They probably can't, but can modding teams enter the contest? or is that not fair?

misselaineous
31st Mar 2010, 2:34 AM
WOW!! What perfect timing! I've been searching high and low for medieval items in Sims3 but haven't even been able to find a pair of boots! So I was just thinking to myself today that I am going to learn how to create my own items...
Now if only I could find some good tutorials/teachers for doing it on a Mac............

unpopular
31st Mar 2010, 3:02 AM
yall dont forget about the sims 3 players! thanks :) (thinking that i should go request something now)

lelly26
31st Mar 2010, 5:44 AM
Yay! I love medieval stuff I can't wait to see the creations. I been searching for tudor dresses for sims 3 and I can't find any. There aren't many sims 3 medieval things, so I'm very excited! :king:

mio0331
31st Mar 2010, 8:48 PM
I had no idea what the midieval/renaissance challenge was about...
and just got my Italian Renaissance Hair and Gown got approved(ahhhh). Is there any way I can join the challenge??

Shadalan
31st Mar 2010, 9:15 PM
Medieval challenge? Sounds like my downloads folder is going to explode- I can't wait to see what everyone makes. I might even try to come up with something myself...

Eryx
31st Mar 2010, 10:26 PM
Great idea, I hope great things get out of this challenge, but was it really necessary to make the website's language so... medievally? It's really annoying. I can't stand it anymore >.<

teenietiff
31st Mar 2010, 11:19 PM
I am new to all of this, but I am hopefully going to try. Cant wait to see all of the amazing creations.

Will help with my 'Tudors' story i am working on :jest:

RaggieSoft
1st Apr 2010, 12:21 AM
Looking forward to entries, especially entries which allow me to use in stories

scarletwings
1st Apr 2010, 2:05 AM
Verily, I foundeth the strangeness a source of much hilarity, when I didst loggeth in mere heartbeats ago. Great love and unending gratitude to all the fine masters and artisans of Moddeth Thine Serfs for such a bounty of ye olde amusements and delights! :jest:

sunni9676
1st Apr 2010, 4:19 AM
I'm totally loving the new look!

puppetfish
1st Apr 2010, 4:23 AM
Hi! I uploaded a Family Fun Medieval Bedroom set for Boys just a few days ago. Am I in the challenge, or am I out of luck, since it was approved before this new challenge?

Here's the link:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=396807

haifen
1st Apr 2010, 9:03 AM
I doth notte consider we're goeth unto be too picky - as longe as it's roughly in ye rightly time frame an style methinks it'll be fine. :)

Well the Medieval period ends just shy of the XIV century while the Renaissance ends just shy of the XVII century so nothing after 1650ish? It's a pity since I have created a lot of lots built in styles after that which I was hoping to include in a challenge but they don't fit and enough users have a hard enough time as it is distinguishing period from period on here. Oh well.

Arisuka
1st Apr 2010, 11:40 AM
This is a great excuse for me to finally start my Hogsmeade, I could do the Three Broomsticks! :giggler:

I'll just hope Awesome will be updated so I can create it before the end of challenge...

peekaboosparkle
1st Apr 2010, 12:38 PM
I do wonder if the language switch about is like a medieval gizzoogler....

Slipslop
1st Apr 2010, 1:29 PM
Somehow i felt something like this will come, with all the medieval stuff showing up lately. Not that much of a fan of the medieval stuff, but i'm sure we'll see some great uploads, people with clear goals work harder hehe.
The language feels like the whole site is translated with babelfish though, but well it adds something funny to the challenge. Thought there would be an option to keep the upload texts in normal language at least, but i don't wanna funkiller here, so i bear with it ;)

lovetadraw
1st Apr 2010, 1:45 PM
Yay! I'll have to be thinking on what or who to make!

SisoftheMoon
1st Apr 2010, 2:16 PM
:giggle: I'm just here for all the Medieval accents. Cough-cough, I mean... I cometh to look upon thou language of mirth.

chickpea_charly
1st Apr 2010, 3:02 PM
wow this is going to be fun!

chickpea_charly
1st Apr 2010, 3:02 PM
talking like this makes me feel old

ShineShine
1st Apr 2010, 3:50 PM
MTS really puts so much work in this challenge. I think it's the first time here's a challenge and I'm here. But first it really scared me when everything changed and I just couldn't believe it. I am also not able to read the describtions and comments, because of the automatic correction(?). I know, english isn't my first language and now it all seems to be written in a strange way, like "dunno s0m3finq lik3 zat." - that's so crazy. xD
Go on.. Hope there will be a lot of great creations!

ploehn418
1st Apr 2010, 7:08 PM
New I am. Challenges alike, I accept for it is not in me to withdraw.

Alessio^89^
1st Apr 2010, 10:32 PM
MTS really puts so much work in this challenge. I think it's the first time here's a challenge and I'm here. But first it really scared me when everything changed and I just couldn't believe it. I am also not able to read the describtions and comments, because of the automatic correction(?). I know, english isn't my first language and now it all seems to be written in a strange way, like "dunno s0m3finq lik3 zat." - that's so crazy. xD
Go on.. Hope there will be a lot of great creations!

It's old english. I'm italian and also in difficult when reading the "old english"
I'm very happy for the return at normality, but I would have kept the medieval style graphics, the unique thing that not create problems in terms of understanding of the language. :)

mustluvcatz
1st Apr 2010, 10:42 PM
I really want to submit my new door/window set for (under??) the challenge. Stained glass falls into the right time period- BUT, what about the ones that are flowered? There are 12 textures altogether. The default is flowered and there are 4 more...the remaining 7 are religious. Does this set count?

Ilikepie123
2nd Apr 2010, 12:02 AM
lol so convienent! I just finished the castle I was working on, and logged on to MTS to find this! :P

wthrwthoutyu
2nd Apr 2010, 12:34 AM
I really want to do this challenge, but I'm just can't find any inspiration. Google Images it is... :D

Firestar2010
2nd Apr 2010, 3:03 PM
so can we take "Renaissance" to go outlandish and also mean along the lines of the Harlem Renaissance?

grace2010
3rd Apr 2010, 7:58 PM
I'm new, but may I enter the challenge? Also, does it matter if you use a free mesh if you are going to add interactions to the mesh?

HystericalParoxysm
3rd Apr 2010, 8:02 PM
Firestar - Not for this one, sorry - this means the original Renaissance and Medieval period.

grace - Of course you can enter if you're new. And whatever mesh you use, you need to have permission if you're using something someone else has made.

celticlass64
3rd Apr 2010, 8:39 PM
I'm looking forward to the results of this challenge. Will someone please consider the Celtic element? I would love to see some medieval kilts as well as what is needed for the women to add to their normal clothing to make it Celtic.

death_liquid
4th Apr 2010, 1:55 PM
I Cant Create But Costom Worker Stuff Like Post Man And Fire Fighters Wood B Cool And Rabbietholes Wish I Could Lern How To Do It My Self :)

Ghost sdoj
4th Apr 2010, 9:46 PM
There are tutorials available in the Create section. Although for a rabbithole it would be easier to build a lot and then use one of Jynx's replacement rabbithole rugs from Custom Sims 3 or one of Melissa Mel's signs from here. Jynx did make a tutorial on how he made them, though. It's posted at CS3.

(The rugs fit most decor better, though.)

Victor_tor
5th Apr 2010, 7:37 AM
Awesome I try to take part in it.
Sorry, i`m new Can you say how much works can be did for the challenge?
And about the dates: there is three days of moderation request passes before it has been approved. What if i did my work for the challege and posted it here only at the end of the time-limit? In 16th of april for example? Will my work take part in the challenge?

Black_Barook!
5th Apr 2010, 2:57 PM
Question: Are we limited to just European cultures, or are Islamic (Arab/Andalusian) and Orthodox (Byzantine/Rus) cultures included?

HystericalParoxysm
5th Apr 2010, 3:30 PM
Victor_tor - You can submit as many things as you like. And as long as it's in the queue before the end of the challenge then it'll be eligible, even if it isn't approved until after the challenge ends.

Black_Barook! - As long as it's in a compatible time period and style, I don't see why not - those cultures tended to trade a lot of information and stuff around that time so there'll be some cross over.

misselaineous
7th Apr 2010, 3:27 PM
I am building a lot for this challenge and I am looking for info on uploading CC downloaded from other "$ub$cription" sites as well as the EA store. I am trying to keep the CC to a minimum, but there are few things I would like to use. I haven't uploaded anything here in years, and I can't seem to find the guidelines/rules about this, so I wanted to double check. I don't want to put lots of effort into creating the lot for this challenge to find out that it will be rejected for having paid CC stuff in it, then have to change it all. Sorry if I'm pulling a Homer Simpson... I guess my old brain just isn't working properly.

Pugino_x3
7th Apr 2010, 10:51 PM
Just submitted somthing!
I'm making more. ;D

UsernameForDownloads
8th Apr 2010, 1:04 AM
Oo~

My first chance at submitting my creations

I'm getting to work...... NOW~

(Can we make stuff for TS3?)

Pugino_x3
8th Apr 2010, 2:34 AM
Oo~

My first chance at submitting my creations

I'm getting to work...... NOW~

(Can we make stuff for TS3?)
Yeah, we can make stuff for TS3
It's for both games.

Ghost sdoj
8th Apr 2010, 11:54 AM
I am building a lot for this challenge and I am looking for info on uploading CC downloaded from other "$ub$cription" sites as well as the EA store. I am trying to keep the CC to a minimum, but there are few things I would like to use. I haven't uploaded anything here in years, and I can't seem to find the guidelines/rules about this, so I wanted to double check. I don't want to put lots of effort into creating the lot for this challenge to find out that it will be rejected for having paid CC stuff in it, then have to change it all. Sorry if I'm pulling a Homer Simpson... I guess my old brain just isn't working properly.

They don't want you using anything from TSR and sites with similar rotation policies because what was free today may not be free tomorrow, and of course you can't use anything that isn't free content even if you know where it can be obtained for free elsewhere.

The link for the Creator Guidelines was under the Create tab at the top of the page, but I copied it for you.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=MTS2:Creator_Guidelines

Edit: And it also auto-links!

Wartooth
9th Apr 2010, 7:36 PM
Hi, I asked this before... but can Modding Teams join the challenge? A friend and I (well actually Ebonova) want to make 3 careers together. Would Modding Teams be allowed to enter?

celticlass64
11th Apr 2010, 2:24 PM
Wouldn't the EA Store rules be the same as uploading anything Maxis created?

SimStars13
11th Apr 2010, 5:52 PM
Hehe, I'm going to try this. Except it'll go wrong as I can't mesh, still, is Robin Hood medieval?

Nysha
11th Apr 2010, 7:30 PM
Torako-Tiger-Girl, that's fine.

celticlass64, yes.

SimStars13, close enough for me. ;)

lauralaima
11th Apr 2010, 7:33 PM
Awww all the thingies people are submitting are driving me crazy! I just HAVE TO DOWNLOAD everything!! so cool! But, I'm so sad I can't enter this contest... I have so much work to do for college that I don't have any spare time for simming...
So guys, keep up the good work! And thanks to the moderators for bringing up this theme again ^^ .

charleeheart
12th Apr 2010, 3:01 AM
Awesome I try to take part in it.
Sorry, i`m new Can you say how much works can be did for the challenge?
And about the dates: there is three days of moderation request passes before it has been approved. What if i did my work for the challege and posted it here only at the end of the time-limit? In 16th of april for example? Will my work take part in the challenge?

Victor_tor, what HystericalParoxysm said is absolutely correct, however, as one creator to another, I'd suggest that you submit your creations as soon as possible, because if your creation is in the Moderation Queue when the challenge ends, and the Moderators return it to you with corrections needed, you'll be out of luck. Trust me, I've done that before, and it sucks raw eggs. BIG ones.

Get it done and get it in!

sejsim92
13th Apr 2010, 3:49 PM
Hey. First of all: Great idea for a challenge. It would be good to bring some adversity to the game.

I was wondering if it's possible to make a mod that changes all the inhabitants names to something more medival. And then another mod that would replace all the cars with wagons? I don't know if you can alter the game as much.

Kind Regards.

coniscool
14th Apr 2010, 7:26 PM
For most of my lots thay are over 10Mb. Even when i use WinRar to compress them that still remain arround 14Mb. I have made a market for this challange but the origional file size was 52,000kb (52Mb) then when i compressed it, it remained 14Mb. Can anyone help me?? i would really appriciate andy kind of help. Thank You. :D :help: :help: :help: :D

candlelight82
14th Apr 2010, 8:26 PM
@coniscool
sounds like you include custom content into your lot file.
Check this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364038 to find out more about your upload lot.

ZimZ
16th Apr 2010, 3:37 AM
I reckon I might be too late to upload something.. but I'll upload it in like an hour and see what happens :)

Serena_Moonstone
16th Apr 2010, 5:03 PM
Are we allowed to have more than 1 entry? Cause I have 2 things I'd like to enter.

cmomoney
16th Apr 2010, 5:08 PM
Are we allowed to have more than 1 entry? Cause I have 2 things I'd like to enter.

Answered by HP:
Yup, you can submit as many items to the challenge theme as you want.

Kiara24
16th Apr 2010, 7:31 PM
The date is when we upload or only when it is approved?

Serena_Moonstone
17th Apr 2010, 3:09 AM
cool, I just wanted to check, Didn't want to get into trouble. I'll be uploading tonight so, hopefully it will get through the moderation que in time.

HystericalParoxysm
17th Apr 2010, 8:33 AM
As long as your challenge entry is in the queue within the deadline, it's fine - it may take another day or so to get everything moderated (especially if there are changes needed) but that won't count against you as far as the challenge goes. It's 9:17 AM CET now - ya'll have about 15 hours to go. :)

Kiara24
17th Apr 2010, 11:35 AM
Thanks! :)

Aligeth
17th Apr 2010, 3:23 PM
No idea what CET is or what it translates into where I am, but I turned in my stuff about 6 hours ago, EST.

Nysha
17th Apr 2010, 4:05 PM
Hmm, is 6 hours ago EST different from 6 hours ago CET?

Central European Time, btw. And you submitted at 10am CET, so you might get lucky.

StephSim
17th Apr 2010, 5:22 PM
I'm confused about this time zone thing. The little blurb under the Medieval Challenge logo already says that submissions are closed? In Pacific Time Zone it is about 9:30AM. Which means in Central European Time Zone it is 6:30 PM. I thought we had until midnight? Eek!

I just realized that it's a matter of interpretation because in actuality "midnight" is a semantic misnomer when the mind is operating under time constraints. Is it the beginning of the new day or the end of the old day?

So basically if I live in Pacific Time Zone my cut off WAS actually 3 PM on April 16th. Totally confusing. :cry:

Jasumi
17th Apr 2010, 6:39 PM
I second StephSim :(

MegatronsPet
17th Apr 2010, 6:39 PM
I'm confused about this time zone thing. The little blurb under the Medieval Challenge logo already says that submissions are closed? In Pacific Time Zone it is about 9:30AM. Which means in Central European Time Zone it is 6:30 PM. I thought we had until midnight? Eek!

I just realized that it's a matter of interpretation because in actuality "midnight" is a semantic misnomer when the mind is operating under time constraints. Is it the beginning of the new day or the end of the old day?

So basically if I live in Pacific Time Zone my cut off WAS actually 3 PM on April 16th. Totally confusing. :cry:

Hehe, I got screwed over by that too, worked all night through like a maniac, only to discover the deadline was the midnight before 17th! :blink: LOL, cuz I, too, thought the day starts with morning and end with night. =P Well, at least now I can take my time polishing the stuff to perfection instead of a half-baked rush job. Which means it'll take months... *sigh*

Ghost sdoj
17th Apr 2010, 6:43 PM
I didn't realize elves were medieval, but apparently my first 10 downloaders were all elves!

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/6240/kindofcool.th.png (http://img541.imageshack.us/i/kindofcool.png/)

Esmeralda
17th Apr 2010, 6:48 PM

Same here - I was furiously working on something that I was trying to finish in time, only to log on and see that notice, so I'm thoroughly confused!

Hehe, I got screwed over by that too, worked all night through like a maniac, only to discover the deadline was the midnight before 17th!

But, HP said in a post this morning, that we had 15 hours left...??

HystericalParoxysm
17th Apr 2010, 6:54 PM
... yeaaah see we're easily confused. I thought he meant midnight tonight (so actually the very first minute of the 18th, not the 17th) but... uhhhh..... anyway, our confusion means a deadline extension. ;)

In future challenges we'll do a countdown timer so the ditzy staff and confused creators aren't quite so "What? Huh? Time... zones? Mid...night?"

Serena_Moonstone
18th Apr 2010, 1:55 AM
I submitted mine late on the 16th, will it still be counted?

and personally, when someone says a date, I usually assume it goes through that date, which is usually the understanding in english conversation. I think a countdown would be a great idea, it will help stop any future confusion.

sunni9676
18th Apr 2010, 2:45 AM
Im going to agree that I thought CET was Central Time Zone USA. A bit confusing I think. In any case its technically the 17th until it passes through the last time zone on the planet.

StephSim
18th Apr 2010, 4:28 AM
Oooo...me loves the idea of a countdown clock! :) I'm all for it! Now I can go into hysterical perfectionist deadline mode with the help of a clock! :rofl:

DigitalSympathies
18th Apr 2010, 6:16 PM
I'm not going to submit anything but I was really confused because I also thought it meant US Central! Right now I logged on and was like "WTF?!" so yeah. Countdown? Good idea.

child_of_air
18th Apr 2010, 7:41 PM
I'm going to have to agree here. I was just about to submit something yesterday when I saw that it was closed. But I thought it I had until midnight that night. Confusing! :(

Gamineannie
18th Apr 2010, 10:45 PM
Perhaps future deadlines should be set for a less confusing time period. The fact that one minute past midnight in any time zone is actually part of the next day and date is apparently as clear as pea soup! The wonderful creators here are under enough constraints (modding limitations thanks to EAxis, modding glitches that pop up just to add to the aggravation, any number of, for me, unimaginable difficulties in creating these great objects and lots and sims) without adding deadline timing questions.... My husband once missed a return flight from Tahiti due to just such a timing error (lol, fer sure!) How about the most famous deadline - HIGH NOON?

Firestar2010
19th Apr 2010, 3:29 AM
ahh, the paradox of time.... Dern... should've pulled off the Doctor dressed in Shakespearean wardrobe... would've been easy if i understood the instructions for this little joyride site...

mustluvcatz
20th Apr 2010, 4:58 AM
I noticed the tag cloud has "medieval" and "medieval challenge" in it- which has the items that will be voted on? It seems that "medieval" has more submissions.

The priest
20th Apr 2010, 9:47 PM
Hi I have something, it is a little stupid but maybe it can be considered medieval. how do I upload it to share with others, I have been downloading from here for years so I thought I could give something back although I have no clue how to create stuff bu tI did the best I could, how do I put it in?

Randir
21st Apr 2010, 8:18 PM
@The priest: First you should show your creation in the Creator Feedback forum http://modthesims.info/fd.php?f=473. That's for checking whether your creation is good enough for upload or still needs some work. We've lots of tutorials and help pages here.

@catsuit: This file can't be on MTS so you should ask this question at the regarding website where the file is located.

katysim3
24th Apr 2010, 2:04 AM
Can't wait to start the voting!
I was looking through all the uploads. They all are amaziing.

Swordsmasterguy
25th Apr 2010, 2:43 AM
I must say, I'm impressed with a LOT of these for this theme. I really liked adding some Medieval clothes and items to my game. I just now wonder what the next challenge theme will be.

cycguy
25th Apr 2010, 4:41 PM
Can we vote on these? If so where?

Randir
25th Apr 2010, 9:23 PM
Just look at the top of the site: "Voting will commence shortly."

ImaniOU
26th Apr 2010, 6:22 PM
This challenge is perfect! I am teaching the Middle Ages/Renaissance to my 5th graders right now. Perhaps my young experts can lend a hand n the voting process. :)

GeneralOperationsDirector
26th Apr 2010, 7:30 PM
I didn't realize elves were medieval, but apparently my first 10 downloaders were all elves! ;) :giggler: :up: Nice catch there, Ghost!

Aurija
27th Apr 2010, 11:01 AM
Maybe anyone will have the idea of an "medival computer" or an invisible one... ... its what im looking for ;)

27th Apr 2010, 4:05 PM
Aurija, I already have one in my game. The monitor looks like a crystal ball, the keyboard looks like an unrolled scroll, and the mouse-pad [no mouse!] looks like a "weegie" [ouja] board. It has been on the site for quite some time. Alas, I forget the name, and therefore cannot readily provide a link.

alchemist
27th Apr 2010, 4:35 PM
I'm probably way to late with this, but may I add wishes?

A nice medieval computer is always great, but what I'd really love to see were medieval awards:

a thinking helmet, a re-energizer and maybe even elixier of life that fits in with a medieval theme. That green helmet with the light bulb always ruins the look. How about a nice wizard hat working like the thinking helmet? It'd be perfect!

I haven't found a good medieval fridge yet, either. And a bath tub, please! One without bloody water faucets which just don't fit. A medieval bed where people just lie on the floor but the animations work would be great.

Super-duper extra wish: a working spinning wheel and a warp-weighted loom (pictures at wikipedia) - it could probably done using the easel as a basis.

My eternal, undying love to anyone who comes up with those.

Aurija
27th Apr 2010, 5:48 PM
Thank you! :)

Aurija
27th Apr 2010, 5:51 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=144180

Here it is, right?

27th Apr 2010, 6:08 PM
Yes, THAT is, indeed, the computer I was attempting to describe! Thank *you* for the link, too. I lost all of my archives when my fileserver died, and I hadn`t redownloaded this! As soon as I submit this, I`m redownloading it, and sticking the archive into an appropriate subfolder of my Installed Sims 2 Archives folder [not its real name; actually, it is D:\Documents\Downloads\Sims 2\Installed].

StephSim
1st May 2010, 2:31 PM
alchemist wrote: "...I'm probably way to late with this, but may I add wishes?..."

I was thinking it would always be neat to precede Challenges with Challenge Wish Lists...to generate a plethora of ideas (especially since they are theme based).

So...I know I'm not the only curious one...What's going on with the Challenge? This is not a pressure tactic, just idle curiosity. Are there too many entries? Are you guys revising how the challenge will be presented or judged? Are you guys up to "surprising" us with some wild and crazy medieval thing?

Tee hee...Patience turns to curiosity. Curiosity turns to speculation! Luckily, I'm still in the curiosity phase! :)

Back to preparation for uploading Sim things...

motheranne
1st May 2010, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=StephSim
So...I know I'm not the only curious one...What's going on with the Challenge? This is not a pressure tactic, just idle curiosity. Are there too many entries? Are you guys revising how the challenge will be presented or judged? Are you guys up to "surprising" us with some wild and crazy medieval thing?

Tee hee...Patience turns to curiosity. Curiosity turns to speculation! Luckily, I'm still in the curiosity phase! :)

Back to preparation for uploading Sim things...[/QUOTE]

I am so glad I'm not the only one who is wondering about this...I can't WAIT to start voting!!!!!

So mods..... :report: IS the medieval Challenge in its finishing stages? Will we see the results soon?
:bunny: I AM SO EXITED!!!!!!!

Aligeth
2nd May 2010, 12:21 AM

Speculation turns to rampant rumors...

Hi Stephanie, Hi Hi!! *waves* :bunny:

Aligeth
2nd May 2010, 12:26 AM
And actually...even though the official challenge is over, I still had spare ideas and meshes left over, so I'm a-gonna keep makin 'em!

p.s. Is it "wrong" if I have a single, very period appropriate mesh that I want to style into 4 distinctly different "types", with numerous re-texturings within each different type, and upload those different types separately, with say, 4-6 re-textures within each?

StephSim
2nd May 2010, 11:11 PM
***Hi Aligeth!***

:giggler:

"Rampant Rumours INDEED!" I love sharing theories with my hubby (David).
We laugh hysterically about it because our minds go all over the place and his ideas are much more spectacular than mine! ;)

Aligeth,
I'm curious as to what Medievalish things you are working on? :blink:

...And even more curious to see what other objects may not have been shared yet for the Challenge! :)

fthomas
6th May 2010, 6:44 PM
Hi!
Sorry to sound stupid, but does everyone vote for their favourite medieval challenge enteries?
If so, how do you do it? ...
Or is it just the mods voting, or selected people?
Thanks!
(:

yasmine0615
8th May 2010, 12:05 AM
I agree with Ffion. That was very nice to think about.

daburak
8th May 2010, 3:41 PM
I'm really sorry, I couldn't find anywhere I could post a request, and uhh, cauldrons are kinda medievil'ish. Anyways my request, regardless of the fact the challenge is over. I wanted a "Easy Cauldron" where potions, reagents, and items are made quickier, If this is possible could someone create it and let me know. If it can't be done for watever reason, ohhwell for me I guess. But I would be really greatful if someone could do it. Thanks and sorry once again for posting on the challenge thread. :)

Weeaboo
8th May 2010, 4:52 PM
Hi!
Sorry to sound stupid, but does everyone vote for their favourite medieval challenge enteries?
If so, how do you do it? ...
Or is it just the mods voting, or selected people?
Thanks!
(:

I don't think they opened voting yet hun.

fthomas
9th May 2010, 7:01 PM
I don't think they opened voting yet hun.
What, so everyone can vote? :D

Yasmine, *smiles*

lewjen
10th May 2010, 4:30 PM
Yes, from past experiences, everyone can vote for there favourite under diferent catagories. ;) So... there'll probably be options for Lot's and Housing, Buy mode, Game mods etc.. :)

Sleepdrunk
10th May 2010, 6:44 PM
And when or where are we able to vote? I feel so blind x.x

Edit: Found it. ^^

Serena_Moonstone
11th May 2010, 3:35 PM
I thought the voting wasn't open yet? if it is pls post the link because I can't seem to find it.

yasmine0615
12th May 2010, 3:27 AM
If it isn't open, when does it open?

Vampire_of_Death
12th May 2010, 3:26 AM
No, its not up yet. Here is where it will be when its posted:

http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=37

mustluvcatz
12th May 2010, 5:42 AM
Does it usually take so long for voting to start after a challenge ends? If I was around for any of the other ones, I was a newbie and oblivious to any of this so I don't know.

CatOfEvilGenius
12th May 2010, 7:02 AM
Is it "wrong" if I have a single, very period appropriate mesh that I want to style into 4 distinctly different "types", with numerous re-texturings within each different type, and upload those different types separately, with say, 4-6 re-textures within each?

Do you mean as challenge entries (if it were still open) or just as regular uploads? Nothing wrong with multiple threads of recolors for the same mesh, if each thread has several recolors in it. Some folks put 50 recolors in one thread, and that's convenient, but if your sets are strongly themed, I can see wanting to do a separate thread for each.
*waits to see lovely recolors*

Aligeth
12th May 2010, 10:07 PM
Do you mean as challenge entries (if it were still open) or just as regular uploads? Nothing wrong with multiple threads of recolors for the same mesh, if each thread has several recolors in it. Some folks put 50 recolors in one thread, and that's convenient, but if your sets are strongly themed, I can see wanting to do a separate thread for each.
*waits to see lovely recolors*

Fantastic! Just what I wanted to make sure of, since its the same mesh, but different styles within each different group. Not for the challenge, since its closed of course, but they are distinctly of this period. Now I just need to keep on a'colorin (sloooooow me). :)

Minet021
14th May 2010, 7:11 PM
Good Luck to all! .. i like try, but I'm not really sure. im begging in the sims world :p

AnnitaSims
18th May 2010, 5:32 PM
Too LATE!!Pliz make more challenges if you may!

blooddoll1332
8th Jun 2010, 9:43 PM
i know the voting has been over for awhile..so when do we see the results of that-i really want to see who won..:D plz update us soon :lovestruc

Arkimedes97
21st May 2011, 5:27 PM
How about a pirate challenge? I just bought Barnacle Bay and it was a huge disappointment.

A114
5th Oct 2011, 4:17 PM
This sounds fun and amazing !

lilrosepiercing11
9th Oct 2011, 6:52 PM
how about something to do with the mystical theme? Putting in some hard thought into designing something creative and unique. From Fairies to gobblins. Even a unicorn soon! lol How neat would that challenge be? So how about it Delphy? What you think about that kind of challenge?

Sophie-David
10th Oct 2011, 5:32 PM
how about something to do with the mystical theme? Putting in some hard thought into designing something creative and unique. From Fairies to gobblins. Even a unicorn soon! lol How neat would that challenge be? So how about it Delphy? What you think about that kind of challenge?
There has already been a Fairytale Challenge (http://nene.modthesims.info/browse.php?f=515&showType=1&gs=1), but you may be interested in this month's theme, which is Fantasy (http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=456723).