PDA

View Full Version : Sims 3 patch 1.12/2.7/3.3

Tashiketh
1st Jun 2010, 8:13 PM
Game Update for 1.12/2.7/3.3
POSTED ON 05/28/10 05:34 PM

To install this update, please start your game and use the “Updates” tab in your Launcher.

This game update includes:

This game update enables dynamic ad serving capabilities in The Sims 3. However, there are no immediate plans to activate any content of this kind. The Sims 3 EULA has further details. See http://www.ea.com/1/product-eulas.
Lights placed on residential and community lots will now properly display onto the neighborhood
Sims may now walk and stand on bridges
Players who play The Sims 3 with game modifications can now create a folder in which to place their game modifications. The folder should be located here:

C:\Documents and Settings\YourComputer\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods

When Mods are placed in the official Mod folder, a notification will appear to remind players that Mods are installed.
Placing Mod packages into the Mod folder is an officially sanctioned way to bypass assembly signing verification. The Resource.cfg file must be placed in this folder in order for the modifications to work correctly.
When Mods are installed that are incompatible, the player will receive a message notifying them of the error.

Additional bug fixes to existing features

Edit Town Mode

* Players may now add, delete, and move residential and community lots from the Edit Town menu
* Players may now add, delete, and move neighborhood decorative objects from the Edit Town menu
* Players may now purchase and upgrade neighborhood community lots using the new Real Estate system via the Computer
* When using the Library in Edit Town, lots will now display their venue type (i.e. Park)

Gameplay Changes

* Story Progression has been improved to prevent Sims required to complete Opportunities from changing.
* Sim genetics have been improved so that children now better reflect their parents’ skin tone and hairstyles.
* Sims can unlock outfit choices and share them with household members when using the “Plan Outfit” interaction on the Dresser.

Build/Buy Mode

* Players may now use Create a Style on Ceilings or add and delete them when in Build Mode
* Players may now use Create a Style on the edges of floor tiles
* When placing walls, rooms, foundations/decks, floor tiles, roofs, pools, fences, and basements the measuring tape tool will display to aid in more precise building.
* Wall Covering sets can now be found in a tab in Build Mode
* Players may now manipulate the roof pitch for individual roof sections when in Build Mode
* Sculptures can be found in a new Sculpture sorting category when in Buy Mode

Create a Sim

* Players may now use the Tattoo feature to customize Sims when in Create a Sim
* Players may now select the Fiancé, Girlfriend, and Boyfriend relationship settings when in Create a Sim

UI & Controls

* The user-interfaces for Sim View and Map View have been merged to provide more control and consistency between the two modes.
* The Opportunity interface has been improved to clearly outline the fiction, gameplay objectives, rewards, and Opportunity location for all Opportunities and Adventures.

World Adventures

* Certain Adventures and Opportunities will properly display in the Opportunities Panel when traveling between worlds

This update adds some very nice changes - not least of which, finally a user level Mods folder that bypasses assembly signing. The question is - do mods put in this new folder have the Custom Content flag, and do they show in Show Custom Content in game?

Let us know your thoughts!

If you're having problems with the patch...

Please remember to post about it in the Help section. There, we can help you one-on-one figure out what the problem is, and see if there's a solution. This also helps us with bug tracking as we can keep the info in one place and not get one person's problem confused with another.

If you are having problems, issues, errors, or questions related to the patch, please post in the Help section! Do NOT post issues with the patch on this thread please.

Deluxe Designs
1st Jun 2010, 8:44 PM
This is such a great update, it really has some great new tools from a builders perspective, personally I think the whole ceiling CAST is brilliant! :D I cannot wait to install this and start using it!

schitzwa
1st Jun 2010, 8:49 PM
Awesome update. It's cool how we actually have a proper place designated by EA for user created mods, perhaps they will not screw up so much now? Ha! Fingers crossed eh? :-) It's also awesome how they have finally sorted out the genetics thing! Best update yet.

DaveyDaVinci
1st Jun 2010, 8:59 PM
This game update enables dynamic ad serving capabilities in The Sims 3. However, there are no immediate plans to activate any content of this kind. The Sims 3 EULA has further details. See http://www.ea.com/1/product-eulas.

So yeah. Soon we will see Ads in game. Hoorrraaaaayyyyy!

I read the *No immediate plans*...but let me translate for you

"We are releasing ad capability in waves, so it will be less of a shock when you suddenly have TSR ads playing on the side of your neighbor's house"

smmi73
1st Jun 2010, 9:01 PM

So yeah. Soon we will see Ads in game. Hoorrraaaaayyyyy!

And before you argue, I read it...I read the *No immediate plans*...but let me translate for you

"We are releasing ad capability in waves, so it will be less of a shock when you suddenly have TSR ads playing on the side of your neighbor's house"

You're probably right :( But hopefully some of the talented people in this community'll find a way to bypass it when it happens ...

ImperialModder
1st Jun 2010, 9:40 PM
Ugh, ads again! Yeah I hope someone will be able to disable that. :/

abbygene
1st Jun 2010, 9:41 PM
I cannot get Johna's slider hack to work with this patch. I have singled the slider hack out as the only thing that is causing the game to minimize and a little note to pop up saying that I have custom mods downloaded that conflict with the game. Then the game crashes before it even loads! I like Johna's slider hack. I will look for an updated version that might solve the problem. Just wanted to put this out there for other users. Thanks

granthes
1st Jun 2010, 9:58 PM
This update adds some very nice changes - not least of which, finally a user level Mods folder that bypasses assembly signing. The question is - do mods put in this new folder have the Custom Content flag, and do they show in Show Custom Content in game?

Custom content DOES have a flag showing in build mode and at least on clothing in CAS mode.

P.S.:

If you aren't sure how to setup the new Mod directories and Resource.cfg, my Custom Launcher http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3183089#post3183089 does that correctly now.

Rez Delnava
1st Jun 2010, 10:06 PM
I cannot get Johna's slider hack to work with this patch. I have singled the slider hack out as the only thing that is causing the game to minimize and a little note to pop up saying that I have custom mods downloaded that conflict with the game. Then the game crashes before it even loads! I like Johna's slider hack. I will look for an updated version that might solve the problem. Just wanted to put this out there for other users. Thanks
Jonha's slider hack is a core mod. Since this update adds a significant amount of new material (the tattoos part of CAS added tons of new code), it may be awhile before any core mod becomes compatible with this update.

I have a nagging suspicion that this new EA designated Mods location will disallow any scripted mods. Has anyone tried to run anything of Twallan's yet?

(EDIT) I just checked NRaas, and Twallan has stated that his mods are incompatible with Ambitions (and any related patches), and he recommends playing the game vanilla until he updates his mods.

I re-read the update a little more closely, and saw the line about "officially sanctioned way to bypass assembly signing verification" which means that core mods and scripted mods should still be ok. Silly me for worrying prematurely.

Kaiyae
1st Jun 2010, 10:08 PM
Hmm... not so sure how much I enjoy this patch. I installed it, and so far I've only noticed things that really annoy me, such as:

-My sims aging has been royally screwed up. The 'short' lifespan in the game is 220 days. Thats 14 days of life for a toddler! Any way to fix this?
-Parents and teenagers are basically ignoring their own needs in order to play with the babies and toddlers. Two of my adults chose to 'Play With' their baby as opposed to feeding themselves when they were fully in the red, and the baby was completely full in all his needs. Gah!
-The coloring of the needs bars and the over all control panel has been dimmed and made transparent. Is there a way to change this?

Other than those few terribly annoying things, the game is certainly running a lot faster. Anyone else have weird bugs like these?

granthes
1st Jun 2010, 10:10 PM
I have a nagging suspicion that this new EA designated Mods location will disallow any scripted mods. Has anyone tried to run anything of Twallan's yet?

I've got several installed...

So far, no errors, but also, no functionality. I'm working on testing that now.

More to follow...

liseylosey
1st Jun 2010, 10:19 PM
I recently tried to make use of the EA generated Sim's mod installer, and it does not allow me access to my mods. Could I bother you for some help? I would be very great-full!

Rez Delnava
1st Jun 2010, 10:25 PM
* Sim genetics have been improved so that children now better reflect their parents’ skin tone and hairstyles.
I wonder what this means for non-default skins created with Skinnator...

I will have to do some tests after I get back from class. Will probably have to update my UI mod as well. This looks like it will be an eventful evening for me.

rp391
1st Jun 2010, 10:48 PM
I'm new to this whole asking-questions-on-the-forum thing, so I'll apologize in advance if I accidentally do something idiotic.

but my question is, I can't seem to figure out the new alleged "Mods" folder in the main Sims 3 folder... do we just transplant the mods folder from the program files one? what does one have to do to get custom content to work with Ambitions now? anything I had installed from a .Sims3Pack or whatever from the launcher seems to be showing up fine, but none of my .package files. I installed the new expansion after moving my mods folder to my desktop so it hopefully shouldn't have upset it from the start, and then I tried possibly moving it to the my documents location, and that didn't work. then I tried putting it back where I had it before, and I don't know if that might have worked eventually, but my game appeared to be frozen on the startup screen (with the green loading bar, I don't know the official name for it). task manager said it was "Running" though, so maybe I was just being impatient. anyway, I would love to get this stuff working again! help?

granthes
1st Jun 2010, 10:59 PM
rp391:

Here is what I did to get it working:

First, go to your "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" folder and create a folder called Mods.

Inside this create two folders.

1) Packages
2) DCCache

Also inside the Mods folder place a Resource.cfg file like this
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package

This Resource.cfg is based on the one from Delphy's Framework Installer and appears to work just fine.

Notice that this Resource.cfg file goes INSIDE the Mods folder and doesn't reference Mods/Packages like the old style Resource.cfg files.

You can now copy any of your existing packages from your old Mods/Packages folder (for example: \Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\Packages) to this new Packages folder.

Ghost sdoj
1st Jun 2010, 11:03 PM
Ugh, ads again! Yeah I hope someone will be able to disable that. :/

I remember that question coming up on Custom Sims 3 the first time there were rumors of ad content. I liked Wes's idea of setting up a dummy server on your computer and letting the game pull its ads from there instead of the official source. I still think that would be more fun than stomping them altogether. That would be another lovely category of CC for our sims, too.

sidfu
1st Jun 2010, 11:17 PM
rp391:

Here is what I did to get it working:

First, go to your "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" folder and create a folder called Mods.

Inside this create two folders.

1) Packages
2) DCCache

Also inside the Mods folder place a Resource.cfg file like this
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc

This Resource.cfg is based on the one from Delphy's Framework Installer and appears to work just fine.

Notice that this Resource.cfg file goes INSIDE the Mods folder and doesn't reference Mods/Packages like the old style Resource.cfg files.

You can now copy any of your existing packages from your old Mods/Packages folder (for example: \Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\Packages) to this new Packages folder.

there a folder already called DCCache do u move it to the mods folder or make a new one there?

granthes
1st Jun 2010, 11:35 PM
there a folder already called DCCache do u move it to the mods folder or make a new one there?

I've never seen any content in that folder... Anything in a cache should(???) be regenerated as needed.

Just create a new one...

Inge Jones
2nd Jun 2010, 12:01 AM
Do we still need that dll thing?

granthes
2nd Jun 2010, 12:03 AM
Do we still need that dll thing?

Unknown at this time. So far no-one has updated a script mod to the new standards (that I know of), although twallen says he's updating NRaas stuff right now...

http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=c6598ab0efeea1e20e2649123c89561e&topic=3813.0

Circicuta
2nd Jun 2010, 12:10 AM
I did exactly what you said to do and I tried it this way and that and I can't get any of my custom content to show up after installing the new patch (and I even don't have ambitions yet because of borked pre-ordering, courtesy of EA). I have the Delphy Helper Monkey Installer could that interfere with anything?
Thanks for the help!

granthes
2nd Jun 2010, 12:17 AM
I did exactly what you said to do and I tried it this way and that and I can't get any of my custom content to show up after installing the new patch (and I even don't have ambitions yet because of borked pre-ordering, courtesy of EA). I have the Delphy Helper Monkey Installer could that interfere with anything?
Thanks for the help!

The update today installed new files with a different format for some mods

If you have just plain Custom Content, like clothing, etc. It should work just fine.

Core Mods and script mods won't work until their authors update them.

I suspect that with this update you Must use the new Mods folder as described a few posts back. I haven't tested that yet, but it would be likely.

If you still have problems, download the launcher from the link in post #8 of this thread and run it. (Only works for Windows) It should help you get the mod framework correct.

4pairs
2nd Jun 2010, 12:28 AM
I am having the same problem with custom content.

But, the only different for me that that some of the content is actually showing up! I think the content that is showing up is the content that when through the launcher.

What I am trying to do is get the official mods folder to work! I have the two folders you recommended to the first questioner and i have the resource file. And, I have install helper as that person does.

I don't know if this folder is connecting to the game. I haven't gotten a reminder message or anything like that. I.. don't know whats up.

When and where do you get the reminder message that the mods folder is in use?

anniehunnie
2nd Jun 2010, 12:30 AM
So .. hold on.

I have Cut my Mods folder from MyComputer to the designated place provided by EA .. nothing works .. :S

Help.

granthes
2nd Jun 2010, 12:35 AM
So .. hold on.

I have Cut my Mods folder from MyComputer to the designated place provided by EA .. nothing works .. :S

Help.

See Post #15... There are more steps involved than just copying the folder...

katierose33
2nd Jun 2010, 12:38 AM
I was able too get my CC working just by moving the mods folder,resorce.cfg and the dill file to the Ambitions folder in C drive and everything showed up just fine. But I have yet to get it working trying to make a mods folder in documents

granthes
2nd Jun 2010, 12:42 AM
I was able too get my CC working just by moving the mods folder,resorce.cfg and the dill file to the Ambitions folder in C drive and everything showed up just fine. But I have yet to get it working trying to make a mods folder in documents
Excellent news about using the Ambitions folder.

People have been wondering if that capability had been taken out of the game.

For the My Documents version of the mods folder, the dll isn't needed (we think!), the resource.cfg file is placed inside the mods folder, and needs to be edited.

Each line like this:

PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package

Would change like this:

Hope this helps.

TTylo
2nd Jun 2010, 12:46 AM
Well it seems I am in the same boat.

I bought ambitions, had to patch my game before I could install it. I patched, installed game.

Went to my documents\electronic arts\the sims 3 folder and created the Mods folder. Inside that folder I did the Packages and DCCache folders. I installed the resource.cfg file in the mods folder then put all of my package files (Minus Awesome Mod and Jo's Slider Hack) into the Packages folder. Not working.

I pulled them all out, and just put in some hair by MTM, still not working. They do not appear in game for whatever reason. I have went through all of the game folders to make sure I had no stray mods or resource.cfg items. Could not find any that might cause problems. I am at a loss on why I can not get the package files to appear in game.

Any ideas on what I might be overlooking?

Thank you and I am sorry in advance if it is something so simply that I am just overlooking.

granthes
2nd Jun 2010, 12:50 AM
Well it seems I am in the same boat.

I bought ambitions, had to patch my game before I could install it. I patched, installed game.

Went to my documents\electronic arts\the sims 3 folder and created the Mods folder. Inside that folder I did the Packages and DCCache folders. I installed the resource.cfg file in the mods folder then put all of my package files (Minus Awesome Mod and Jo's Slider Hack) into the Packages folder. Not working.

I pulled them all out, and just put in some hair by MTM, still not working. They do not appear in game for whatever reason. I have went through all of the game folders to make sure I had no stray mods or resource.cfg items. Could not find any that might cause problems. I am at a loss on why I can not get the package files to appear in game.

Any ideas on what I might be overlooking?

Thank you and I am sorry in advance if it is something so simply that I am just overlooking.

When you start the game. After the loading screen where the progress bar runs, do you get a pop-up box telling you what custom content you have?

If not, try throwing awesome back in just to see if it causes the incompatible mod message...

I'll be monitoring this thread for a few hours yet, so post back and I'll try to help.

nicky_Q
2nd Jun 2010, 1:04 AM
I did all that.
Now when I get to the window where to choose wich game I want to start it tells me what core mods are in the folder.
I click OK, and when I start the Game, it isn't even loading, it just crashes.

And If I don't create the folder it crashes too.

And If I create the folder but without the .cfg it says: "unable to load Riverview. Please Start again"

When I create a new city in all versions I described above, it works, but there is no custom content. -.- shiiit patch.

miraclexsun
2nd Jun 2010, 1:05 AM
I'm pretty much clueless. where do i get the resource.cfg file?

granthes
2nd Jun 2010, 1:06 AM
I'm pretty much clueless. where do i get the resource.cfg file?

See Post #15 in this thread.

granthes
2nd Jun 2010, 1:08 AM
I did all that.
Now when I get to the window where to choose wich game I want to start it tells me what core mods are in the folder.
I click OK, and when I start the Game, it isn't even loading, it just crashes...

Did you remove the custom content from your old Mods folders in each of your game install folders?

It sounds like you may have a core mod or a script mod interfering... Possibly even a slider mod.

4pairs
2nd Jun 2010, 1:09 AM
I have played the game without most of my CC for a bit and I actually like the new update. My sims cannot sleep yet but they can nap on a couch.

But, the modification folder seems to be the biggest pain. Oddly enough, the last time I played the game I got an "error 16" which ended up with my whole legacy family being gone. I edited the resource file without change to the condition of the custom content.

Is there anything else I could try?

miraclexsun
2nd Jun 2010, 1:12 AM
See Post #15 in this thread.

I understand I need to put it there, I guess I'm confused as to where I find the resource.cfg, if that makes sense

TTylo
2nd Jun 2010, 1:14 AM
I did not get a message with awesome mod, so I removed it and the resource.cfg and then put the resource back in and it took about 8 minutes to finally load in but my content was now there.

My resource.cfg has a lot more on it then the one you showed in your earlier post. Just out of curiosity are we suppose to remove any of the extra stuff that is on it. For example the part that says sims3mod, can that be removed or do we alter it the same way. It probably does not matter much seeing my package files are now appearing in game but I was just curious about all of this extra stuff on the resource.cfg if it was suppose to be removed or just left alone. I just left it alone, obviously by how long mine is, but I figured I would ask to make certain.

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Mods/Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.Sims3Mod
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.Sims3Mod
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.Sims3Mod
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.Sims3Mod
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.Sims3Mod
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Test/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package

nicky_Q
2nd Jun 2010, 1:16 AM
Did you remove the custom content from your old Mods folders in each of your game install folders?

It sounds like you may have a core mod or a script mod interfering... Possibly even a slider mod.

Yes I removed the custom content from the old folders, and deleted the old folders and .cfg files from sims3 and WA as well.
Shouldn't I done so?

No I have no slider mods.
nothing special at all.

granthes
2nd Jun 2010, 1:19 AM
I did not get a message with awesome mod, so I removed it and the resource.cfg and then put the resource back in and it took about 8 minutes to finally load in but my content was now there.

My resource.cfg has a lot more on it then the one you showed in your earlier post. Just out of curiosity are we suppose to remove any of the extra stuff that is on it. For example the part that says sims3mod, can that be removed or do we alter it the same way. It probably does not matter much seeing my package files are now appearing in game but I was just curious about all of this extra stuff on the resource.cfg if it was suppose to be removed or just left alone. I just left it alone, obviously by how long mine is, but I figured I would ask to make certain.

There were several different ideas for the Resource.cfg file floating around, from several different authors.

If it works, it works. No need to remove things.

The difference between that one and the one I posted is that you have several different priority levels as well as a couple of different file names that it looks for.

TTylo
2nd Jun 2010, 1:21 AM
There were several different ideas for the Resource.cfg file floating around, from several different authors.

If it works, it works. No need to remove things.

The difference between that one and the one I posted is that you have several different priority levels as well as a couple of different file names that it looks for.

Thank you. You have been very helpful with all of this stuff. It is much appreciated.

chalice
2nd Jun 2010, 1:21 AM
This patch sounds great, but I'm leaving my game as is till all the kinks are straightened out (and my non-negotiable mods are updated ;) )

nicky_Q
2nd Jun 2010, 1:23 AM
This patch sounds great, but I'm leaving my game as is till all the kinks are straightened out (and my non-negotiable mods are updated ;) )

I should have done so. :(

granthes
2nd Jun 2010, 1:38 AM
Yes I removed the custom content from the old folders, and deleted the old folders and .cfg files from sims3 and WA as well.
Shouldn't I done so?

No I have no slider mods.
nothing special at all.

That is what I did and it worked correctly.

Do the lines in your Resource.cfg in the new Mods folder have Mods/Packages/.... in them or just Packages/.... ??

nicky_Q
2nd Jun 2010, 1:39 AM
That is what I did and it worked correctly.

Do the lines in your Resource.cfg in the new Mods folder have Mods/Packages/.... in them or just Packages/.... ??

Just packages as you said.

So should I remove all the core mods. I understand they will not work?
I'll try that later. To angry right now. XD

granthes
2nd Jun 2010, 1:50 AM
Just packages as you said.

So should I remove all the core mods. I understand they will not work?

When core mods are installed that won't work, the game should complain and stop.

Definitely remove them until they update.

chalice
2nd Jun 2010, 1:54 AM
http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=1610.0

Thought yall would like to know :)

~Dee~
2nd Jun 2010, 1:57 AM
I'm getting Ambitions next week, do I need to install this new patch before I install the EP?
The computer I've Sims 3 installed to is not connected to the internet, can I download the patch somewhere and save to this PC?

fraavio
2nd Jun 2010, 2:11 AM
call me a newb but i dont know where to find the patch to download. i've looked all over the ts3 website and i cant find the link to the download

candlelight82
2nd Jun 2010, 2:13 AM
@~Dee~
no, Ambitions will install the latest patch. Installing right now while typing :bunny:

omegadivine
2nd Jun 2010, 2:15 AM
I have ambitions installed and used granthes Resources.cfg file and after removing any mods the game complained about on start up it started working fine, I don't get any messages when I start my game and jonha sliders are working perfectly. I noticed with the mods the game didn't like my game was loading and started up perfectly but would not load the city when I clicked new game. Everything seems good now tho.

~Dee~
2nd Jun 2010, 2:24 AM
@~Dee~
no, Ambitions will install the latest patch. Installing right now while typing :bunny:

Thanks.
So the patch is included on the Ambitions disk?

nicky_Q
2nd Jun 2010, 2:24 AM
I have ambitions installed and used granthes Resources.cfg file and after removing any mods the game complained about on start up it started working fine, I don't get any messages when I start my game and jonha sliders are working perfectly. I noticed with the mods the game didn't like my game was loading and started up perfectly but would not load the city when I clicked new game. Everything seems good now tho.

I started a new game and everything works just fine, its just that my old savegames will not load. Game just says "critical error when loading riverview" and goes back to the main menu. If I start a completely new game, everything works just fine. :help:

I don't wanna start a new game. :cry:

Thanks.
So the patch is included on the Ambitions disk?

It has to. Otherwise the package would say: Internet connection required. But you bought an offline Game.

~Dee~
2nd Jun 2010, 2:27 AM
nicky, thanks...just making sure. :)

katierose33
2nd Jun 2010, 3:05 AM

For the My Documents version of the mods folder, the dll isn't needed (we think!), the resource.cfg file is placed inside the mods folder, and needs to be edited.

Each line like this:

Would change like this:

Hope this helps.
That may be my problem. I will try it. Glad I could let others know that you can use the Ambitions folder.

spikeandshay
2nd Jun 2010, 3:07 AM
Thanks for the info!

omegadivine
2nd Jun 2010, 3:24 AM
I started a new game and everything works just fine, its just that my old savegames will not load. Game just says "critical error when loading riverview" and goes back to the main menu. If I start a completely new game, everything works just fine. :help:

I don't wanna start a new game. :cry:

ok that clears somethings up, heh I saw a lot of people say that sliders dont work yet but havent tried to load any of my old saves.

candlelight82
2nd Jun 2010, 3:28 AM
@~Dee~
yes the patch is on the disk.

The internet connection is only needed, if you want to register your game to get the bonus objects for registering. See http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=11488&scategoryId=12492&pcategoryId=12490&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:21267

abbygene
2nd Jun 2010, 4:40 AM
I cannot edit the resource.cfg file. I have a new folder named packages in my C:\Documents and Settings\name\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods. I have the resource.cfg in mods and all my cc with little helper monkey faces inside the packages folder. I do not have all my cc in the game. I am missing cc all over the place including in CAS. Can anyone tell me what I need to do?

Rez Delnava
2nd Jun 2010, 4:52 AM
I cannot edit the resource.cfg file. I have a new folder named packages in my C:\Documents and Settings\name\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods. I have the resource.cfg in mods and all my cc with little helper monkey faces inside the packages folder. I do not have all my cc in the game. I am missing cc all over the place including in CAS. Can anyone tell me what I need to do?

to edit the resource.cfg, simply open it in Notepad++ if you have it, or just change the extension (.cfg) to (.txt) and then it should open in notepad, wordpad, word, or any other text editor. Once you make the necessary changes, save, then change the extension back.

RockerKitten
2nd Jun 2010, 5:34 AM
Just thought i would let people know, I FINALLY got my mods to show up, however I'm not getting any notice that they're there (at least not that I've seen) but I'm using the new mods folder, with the packages and edited .cfg inside, and the mods in the package folder. Delphy's Brest sliders are working, as are Jonha's but/hip/waist sliders. and this is with update 4.0

EDIT: just loaded again after deleting the mods in the old folders, and loaded an old game and many of my mods disapeared.

SECOND EDIT: figured out which objects wernt' showing up, it was all of the items from my DCCache in my my doccuments folder, so placed them in the new DCCache folder in the mods file and they all showed back up.

ruthiecutes
2nd Jun 2010, 5:37 AM
I need help. I moved the stuff from the program files into my document, but none pf the packages are there :S i dont know what to do with the resource thingy..does jonha sliders work? Can someone guide me please..Im not too good with "machine talk" :(

katierose33
2nd Jun 2010, 6:26 AM

Each line like this:

Would change like this:

Hope this helps.
:up: THANK YOU !!!! It worked and I was even able to help my roomate thank you sooo much :lovestruc

HystericalParoxysm
2nd Jun 2010, 6:29 AM
If you're having trouble/need help with the patch

Please make a new thread of your own in the Help section. We can better help you there and sort out what are actual issues with the patch vs. what are issues due to outdated custom content/other problems with user files. This assists in bug tracking.

General discussion of the patch ("Yay I'm so glad about all these new features" or "Bah these new features suck") is fine here but if you have technical questions, issues, problems, or bugs, please post in Help.

Thanks!

LunaSol
2nd Jun 2010, 7:14 AM
Somehow, mine doesn't work. I've done the steps but it doesn't shows any notification. Please help, granthes

sythini
2nd Jun 2010, 7:58 AM
hi sorry i am new to all this and installing mods.
i moved all my mods ect to the new location but i cannot use monkey bars to install framework to add anymore content as wont change file location to new location.

do i just keep moving the files after instalation to new location for now?

kamiiiiii
2nd Jun 2010, 9:33 AM
I want to update and get the expansion yet I don't feel like re downloading certain mods D:

deniecesun
2nd Jun 2010, 9:39 AM
Where can I find a resource.cfg? I'm confused. Sorry.

*Edit: PLUS, when I already have the Mods folder in Documents, can I already remove the Framework or something?

VoiceIHear
2nd Jun 2010, 9:50 AM
ugh, I get the 'your sims 3 base game is incompatible with your current sims 3 expansion pack. Please update your game via the game launcher.' error. Of course, I can't update through the game launcher, so I don't know. I think I'll just wait until tomorrow when the game is released here and see if installing Ambitions fixes the problem. gahhh.

EDIT: So I just decided to uninstall and reinstall world adventures and redownload the patch. All appears to be going well. I think, that either it was because I left the CC in the folder, or that I prematurely started the game before the patching had properly finished.

Battlecry
2nd Jun 2010, 10:11 AM
you have to alter the resource.cfg file like granthes said to get all the mods to work..i works perfect,well not the core mods tho

MARVEL20
2nd Jun 2010, 10:11 AM
You can find the proper Resource.cfg file here,
http://simpedia.sims2cri.com/index.php?title=Resource.cfg_eng

Circicuta
2nd Jun 2010, 10:56 AM
The update today installed new files with a different format for some mods

If you have just plain Custom Content, like clothing, etc. It should work just fine.

Core Mods and script mods won't work until their authors update them.

I suspect that with this update you Must use the new Mods folder as described a few posts back. I haven't tested that yet, but it would be likely.

If you still have problems, download the launcher from the link in post #8 of this thread and run it. (Only works for Windows) It should help you get the mod framework correct.

I left out all serious mods I only have clothes, hair and furniture. When I tried to install your launcher it said I need to install .NET version 4.0.30319.

I have the changed rescourse.cfg in my new Mods folder,which is in My documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3. I created the two folders Packages and DCCache. I get no message of having any conflicting cutom content (which makes sense because the game obviously isn't reading any of my mods).

Any further help ideas? Thanks

Tashiketh
2nd Jun 2010, 11:20 AM
marvel20: Has anybody tested with more than 4 subfolders? Becuase, as I recall the game only used to support 4 levels down. :)

hir23
2nd Jun 2010, 11:33 AM

Each line like this:

Would change like this:

Hope this helps.

i don't understand...

hir23
2nd Jun 2010, 11:35 AM
:up: THANK YOU !!!! It worked and I was even able to help my roomate thank you sooo much :lovestruc

pls tell me how 2 change...

MARVEL20
2nd Jun 2010, 11:46 AM
Delphy (big fan by the way) I have 16 sub-folders in my new packages file, and it all seems to be working but I haven't properly checked it out, because I'm still reinstalling my sims3pack stuff.

Tashiketh
2nd Jun 2010, 12:05 PM
Marvel: I mean 16 folders deep, as in Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\

Honestly though, anything more than 6 is a bit overkill :)

MarleneJ
2nd Jun 2010, 12:11 PM
I have my old save game running with the patch, and all my mods are still where they have always been. Its not compulsory to move them ): All the mods work fine including Delphys slider hack and NRaas has now very speedily provided new mods which work great. This is an excellent patch and I love the new World editor ! I can finally now get rid of all those ugly rows of cypress trees ! ): Being able to move lots and resize them is also a major step forward, so although not often said.... well done EA. ):

peacemaker IC
2nd Jun 2010, 12:34 PM
well i just want to say that i have not installed this patch yet but this thread has been really enlightening. i am off to the help section to see if the chaos mod works with this new patch before i take the plunge.

they say you learn something new everyday. i learnt how to edit the cfg file :D

candlelight82
2nd Jun 2010, 12:38 PM
I agree with MarleneJ,
EA did everything right, except one thing: I can place every lot size, from tiny up to 50x50 and 64x64,..
BUT NOT 60x60 :wtf: ??? did I miss something ???

Edit:
What I noticed: I started the game with all mods,..
> no interaction with other sims possible on the home lot
>> talked to a NPC in town
>>> seems something in the game did a reset, now everything is running like before the patch :up:

MARVEL20
2nd Jun 2010, 12:38 PM
Delphy, sorry for the misunderstanding, my package folder contains 16 seperate folders such as Accessories, Clothes, Cars, etc..., mostly compressed packages by the way. Overkill, pfft its 4:00 in the morning and I'm still messing about with a computer game I'm way past overkill.

Fyrefly555
2nd Jun 2010, 1:40 PM
Hi everybody! I was just wondering : do I still need the d3dx9_31.dll file in the Game/Bin/ folder to have custom content working or not? I red the entire topic, but couldn't find anything about this in it (or, I'm blind, which is also a possibility. :p)
Oh, and a big thank you I love you to all modders publishing their work on MTS! ^^

abbygene
2nd Jun 2010, 2:41 PM
Edited the resource.cfg file. cc still not showing up. Any ideas?

gyspie
2nd Jun 2010, 2:52 PM
I'm missing the traits anyone else having this problem? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times but they aren't showing up. In good news I got my mods working.

abbygene
2nd Jun 2010, 2:54 PM
I'm missing the traits anyone else having this problem? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times but they aren't showing up. In good news I got my mods working.

how did you get the mods working?

abbygene
2nd Jun 2010, 2:58 PM
I have my old save game running with the patch, and all my mods are still where they have always been. Its not compulsory to move them ): All the mods work fine including Delphys slider hack and NRaas has now very speedily provided new mods which work great. This is an excellent patch and I love the new World editor ! I can finally now get rid of all those ugly rows of cypress trees ! ): Being able to move lots and resize them is also a major step forward, so although not often said.... well done EA. ):

If it is not required to move them, should I just try to move them back since they are not working in the new location?
tried that still no mods

ruthiecutes
2nd Jun 2010, 3:24 PM
[QUOTE=Delphy]This update adds some very nice changes - not least of which, finally a user level Mods folder that bypasses assembly signing. The question is - do mods put in this new folder have the Custom Content flag, and do they show in Show Custom Content in game?

Let us know your thoughts![/QUOTE

I dont know how to get it to work, I moved it from the program files but..ugh HELP

candlelight82
2nd Jun 2010, 3:33 PM
@ruthiecutes
have you moved the resource.cfg INSIDE the mods folder?
have you edited the resource.cfg? see post #27

NekoKudaki
2nd Jun 2010, 3:35 PM
ugh, I get the 'your sims 3 base game is incompatible with your current sims 3 expansion pack. Please update your game via the game launcher.' error. Of course, I can't update through the game launcher, so I don't know. I think I'll just wait until tomorrow when the game is released here and see if installing Ambitions fixes the problem. gahhh.

EDIT: So I just decided to uninstall and reinstall world adventures and redownload the patch. All appears to be going well. I think, that either it was because I left the CC in the folder, or that I prematurely started the game before the patching had properly finished.

I had the EXACT same issue. Only a reinstall fixed it.

TippieTips
2nd Jun 2010, 3:53 PM
Okay, I am having a problem. I installed this new patch last night after I backed up my saved games and also the mods folder, I believe. I didn't take out my mods folder, but rather directly got into my game (I only have the base game). It loaded really, really slow and at the end of the loading process for my saved game, it just stopped. It said it was loading it, but after two or three hours, it was still stuck at the end. So I just ended the task and tried to get in a little later. It only loaded halfway.

Has anyone had this problem and do they know how to fix it? I just updated Twallan's SuperComputer mod to fit with this new patch this morning, but I don't know think that was where my problem was...

LoofahFlufferduff
2nd Jun 2010, 3:54 PM
I've just uploaded a Mac Framework installer for the new methods (following Granthes's advice).

Until it gets through the mod queue, I've also uploaded it to my 4shared for my blog.
http://www.4shared.com/file/WCo8Uimh/Sims_3_Framework_Installer.html

abbygene
2nd Jun 2010, 4:23 PM
@ruthiecutes
have you moved the resource.cfg INSIDE the mods folder?
have you edited the resource.cfg? see post #27

i have done both and still half my cc and new downloads that go through the sims installer do not show up in games new or old.

HystericalParoxysm
2nd Jun 2010, 4:31 PM

Please remember to post about it in the Help section. There, we can help you one-on-one figure out what the problem is, and see if there's a solution. This also helps us with bug tracking as we can keep the info in one place and not get one person's problem confused with another.

If you are having problems, issues, errors, or questions related to the patch, please post in the Help section!

abbygene
2nd Jun 2010, 4:58 PM

If you are having problems, issues, errors, or questions related to the patch, please post in the Help section!

Can you start a thread or something for this patch there? I cannot figure out how to post a question there.

Daktah Pepah
2nd Jun 2010, 5:13 PM
ea, once again you screw me over. i tried to update my games and it gave me invalid file error YET AGAIN. so i replaced all the files i modded, and still fail. so i backed up my data folder and un and reinstalled the games which was a pain in the ass since it kept refusing to uninstall completely without the help of a forceuninstaller. so after about 6 hours i got everything installed and updated and lo and behold, my "official" mods refuse to work. beautiful. so i say screw it and go through the whole reinstall process, this time alot faster because it actually wanted to work, and just updated only to the patch before it. and wouldnt you know it? even though i did everything properly and made it as though i never did anything, MY SAVES I SPEND HOURS AND HOURS ON REFUSE TO LOAD BECAUSE THE GAME "CANT FIND THE EXPANSION DATA THEY WERE MADE WITH" EVEN THOUGH I COMPLETELY REPLACED THE MODS FOLDER IN PROGRAM FILES AND ONLY HAVE HELS AND IM TRYING TO LOAD THEM IN HELS! ea, i LOATHE you.

TheGuySim
2nd Jun 2010, 5:22 PM
About time EA fixed some issues like individual roof slopes in build mode!!! EA are finally listening to people! But of course it wouldn't be EA if they didn't put ads in their games! Thanks for that.....

Gonna get Ambitions once i get money, although it's not out 'till Friday in Ireland.

purpleto2800
2nd Jun 2010, 5:36 PM
my resource.cfg just looks like a blank page, in its thumbnail picture, and when I go to open it doesn't have an open with option, just a open then windows trys to find software that will open it, I know I am doing it wrong... so can you help me? thanks.

Voru
2nd Jun 2010, 5:51 PM
my resource.cfg just looks like a blank page, in its thumbnail picture, and when I go to open it doesn't have an open with option, just a open then windows trys to find software that will open it, I know I am doing it wrong... so can you help me? thanks.

You have to open it with Notepad, right click in the file and choose "open with"....then selec Notepad.

If this not work just change the .cfg to .txt, made the changes to the file, save it and return the extension to .cfg

purpleto2800
2nd Jun 2010, 5:54 PM
done that, and I fixed everything it looks like this now.

Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/.package

however when I go to save it as resource.cfg now it looks like a note instead of a blank peace of paper like it use to is this ok or what?

HystericalParoxysm
2nd Jun 2010, 5:56 PM
Locking this thread, as issues regarding the patch continue to be posted here despite three prominent notifications that they belong on their own threads in Help rather than here.

If you need help with the patch or are having any problems, issues, errors, or questions related to the patch, please post a new thread of your own in the Help section.