PDA

View Full Version : Spring cleaning the moderation queue for 2013

Tashiketh
15th Jan 2013, 9:34 PM
Hi All,

In order to start 2013 with as clean a slate as possible, I've turned off the upload wizard, so that no new items will be allowed to be uploaded to MTS for a little while. This will give the staff a chance to clear out the queues, and for us to have a bit of downtime before they get turned on again. Existing uploads wont be affected - they'll still be moderated as normal, but everybody needs a break from time to time, and spring cleaning is always a good thing. It'll give us the chance to discuss the past year, and to think of new ways to tackle things - so please be patient with us while we carry out this process.

I'll post again when the uploads are back online.

Regards,
Delphy

RomerJon17
16th Jan 2013, 12:30 AM
Some mods need to be updated due to latest patch 1.47...

van Dorn
16th Jan 2013, 2:31 AM
But we can just use edit thread for that.

Tashiketh
16th Jan 2013, 9:08 AM
Exactly, van Dorn. This affects only brand new uploads that want to be uploaded using the upload wizard. Existing uploads and editing functionality is not affected, nor is uploading new files.

Sims99Fanatic
16th Jan 2013, 9:18 AM
So you are disabling uploads to focus on other things that need attention, or to clean out old uploads from the moderation queue?

Nysha
16th Jan 2013, 9:27 AM
We're cleaning out the queue, partly, yes. We also have some significant changes to the way the queue works which we've been working on for a few months; but making those changes requires a lot of work from the queue moderators, many of whom don't have time to both contribute to the upgrade and keep up with current uploads in the queue. So, the upload downtime will allow us to clean out the queue and do the slug work for the new queue system; and it will also allow D to make the technical and coding changes to get the new system up and running. Don't worry, we'll be as quick as we can - the new system is awesome and we want to see it in place as soon as possible. :)

(It's also giving D lots of time to tinker with stuff with the apparent subconscious intent to make us work on the new system instead of moderating existing uploads, if the way the image popovers were working last night is anything to go by :giggler:)

Inge Jones
16th Jan 2013, 10:46 AM
Programming forums is great fun - the posts and uploads are really just there as test data ;)

Thranduil Oropherion
16th Jan 2013, 12:48 PM
Perhaps it would just be nice if people said thanks for the hard work the MTS staff are putting into the site.

Anyway .. Thanks! Look forward to seeing the new stuff soon :)

Inge Jones
16th Jan 2013, 1:03 PM
We do appreciate it :)

Karen Lorraine
16th Jan 2013, 1:51 PM
Really looking forward to seeing the new upload information. I'll just keep working on my creations in the meantime.

Thanks to all the Staff and Delphy for providing us with a brilliant site to explore :)

CheekyBugga
16th Jan 2013, 6:24 PM
Oh boy will you have a long queue when it's working again lol I know for myself I am hooked on Building Houses :) but seriously I to want to Thank Delphy and ALL the Moderators who take the time helping with MTS. Without you Guys & Girls we wouldn't be here so a very sincere Thank You!!

pogoingpanda
16th Jan 2013, 11:44 PM
Figures that when I finally have time to start making creations and go to finally upload them I can't! >.< haha. No but honestly, thank you so much for all the hard work! Can't wait to see the new stuff that you guys have in store for us and I look forward to uploading some awesome content once you do have everything up and running again!

97thim
17th Jan 2013, 12:08 AM
Beyond excited for the updates! Thanks to all the people involved with improving and updating the site! I don't think I'm alone in saying that you do a great job in bringing us all together in this wonderful community! :gjob:

maxon
20th Jan 2013, 12:26 PM
Perhaps it would just be nice if people said thanks for the hard work the MTS staff are putting into the site.

Anyway .. Thanks! Look forward to seeing the new stuff soon :)
Which idiot pressed 'disagree' to your post? Anyway, this sounds great and THANKS GUYS.

MusicalPlatypus
20th Jan 2013, 12:35 PM
This is a neat idea, I think the queue needs some cleanup. By the way, I had submitted a Sims 2 mod a few days ago, I got the message that I had to change some stuff, but I haven't, yet. If I were to change things now and submitted it, would it be affected in any way? What if I didn't fix it?

Tashiketh
20th Jan 2013, 1:35 PM
SimsCenterTween: All uploads currently in the queue are treated as normal. If you didn't change the things we wanted you to change then you still run the risk of rejection. :)

missyhissy
23rd Jan 2013, 5:53 PM
Looking forward to seeing the new updates! :gjob:

Sterling_Archer
24th Jan 2013, 10:26 AM
Looking forward to seeing the new updates! :gjob:

Likewise, Can't wait to see the new updates

lucy kemnitzer
24th Jan 2013, 11:47 PM
So does that mean that if I intended to upload for the monthly theme (cultural diversity) I can just forget about it?

Karen Lorraine
24th Jan 2013, 11:54 PM
So does that mean that if I intended to upload for the monthly theme (cultural diversity) I can just forget about it?

Take a look at this thread, comment 63 http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=494461&c=0&ht=&page=3&pp=25#startcomments

Consort
26th Jan 2013, 12:27 AM
Is there an ETA on this?
And yea I'm alsking this totally respectfully.

lucy kemnitzer
26th Jan 2013, 3:51 AM
Thank you, Karen.

Ebony_Night12
27th Jan 2013, 8:22 AM
Looking forward to the new updates - thanks, Delphy. I'm getting excited now :)

porkypine
29th Jan 2013, 1:45 AM
I wanted to say, 'take your time!" lol I need time to revise my jingle dress. Too many vertices... I'll have to figure out how best to use a PNG for the 3 dimensional jingles...

edit: Feb 2, Aw! Someone booed me! I am hurt, :rolleyes: :rofl:

Anyway, Got the bugs and seriously reduced my mesh vertices into something that will run on people's machines. ONE pesky vertice wasn't assigned!. I had to duplicate and chop my mesh to find which section was missing the assignment! (It was the bottom of the left legging.) It finally exported correctly. Minus few hundred jingles. :( I'll have to paint them on.. :( Then, it's time to work on fingerpainting 101.

edit: Feb 4:

Well... the fingerpainting is coming along ok... I may get a couple of recolors done at the same time... I don't know if I will have time to create a new hairstyle. That may come later. Hair is a pain mainly because I flunked fingerpainting... :jest: PLUS! I need to insert a bumpmap for this dress. It needs it so the painted jingles don't look so flat...

Edit: Feb 6:

Got the bumpmp added. Unfortunately, it didn't make the jingles 'pop' much but it did add nice texture to the beadwork. I haven't loaded it in game yet so maybe it will look better there.... Working on the main recolor. I'd like to get others done too... hmmm. Considering how much time I've invested in this project, I think I better fire up the game and see what the mesh looks like before I spend more time on it... :bunny:

Edit: Feb 9:
Going ok. Working on recolor #2

sukicat12
31st Jan 2013, 5:47 PM
Do you know when i will be able to upload stuff again? :)

justJones
1st Feb 2013, 2:01 PM
I agree with Porky, the longer it takes the happier I am, lol. I still have a lot of work on my lot too ;) And not for the fist time, I wish you could "rate" reasons for deleted post, because I want to "love" and "funny" white's "Spamtastic" :D

RomerJon17
3rd Feb 2013, 11:25 AM
Hehe I can't wait to download some goodies!!! :D
Man I haven't build something on The Sims 3 and I have a new computer.. I better build a special modern University for The Sims 3 University Life and repaint some stuff.. :)

AriesFlare
3rd Feb 2013, 11:23 PM
Wow. I'm excited about the updates. I was wondering what was up because I really have some uploads that I'm comfortable with. We all will have to be patient for the better. Thanks Mts staff.

Ferguson Avenue
5th Feb 2013, 9:02 AM
Wow, that moderation queue must have been fuller than a beach car park on a hot summer's day. But I completely trust that all the waiting will be worth it in the end. I'm sure the changes which the MTS staff are making will be for everyone's best interests, unlike staff on well known social networking sites, who seem to think it's a good idea to keep re-arranging the once great layout... But anyway, as fairycake suggested, Thanks MTS staff for all your continued efforts and hard work!

Quantum_Reality
5th Feb 2013, 8:20 PM
When will there be new uploads? Waiting is so hard! :jest:

MattShizzle
7th Feb 2013, 3:50 AM
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/long-white-beard/n9756/

EmperorAugustus
9th Feb 2013, 8:38 PM
I was wondering why the Mods page has grinded to a halt. Not saying we should have assembly line mods, but this is cool that the website owners take time to streamline the system.

Tomislaaw
11th Feb 2013, 9:53 AM
How I can sumbit a new creation on the MTS? I realized that it's possible via Upload Items, but I got this message every time: Uploading of new items to MTS is currently turned OFF so we can have a spring clean of the moderation queues. They'll be back soon.

I see that MTS contains a some new uploads during February? :help:

Karen Lorraine
11th Feb 2013, 10:33 AM
Tomislaaw, the new uploads in February were already in the moderation queue when the wizard was turned off. I'm sure they'll finish their 'Spring clean' soon. Hope so cos I have some ready for upload too :)

Aya20
11th Feb 2013, 3:21 PM
Moderators will have a lot of work when they turn on the upload wizard. When all users at once will upload new things, they will check it to the next holidays^^

Nysha
11th Feb 2013, 3:57 PM
Yeah, I know. The new system is partly intended to speed up moderation, but I think we're gonna have to stick a huge "THERE ARE CURRENTLY DELAYS IN UPLOAD MODERATION" banner on the upload wizard for at least the first few weeks. >.>

porkypine
11th Feb 2013, 5:33 PM
Yeah, I know. The new system is partly intended to speed up moderation, but I think we're gonna have to stick a huge "THERE ARE CURRENTLY DELAYS IN UPLOAD MODERATION" banner on the upload wizard for at least the first few weeks. >.>

:giggler: Yea. I have time to work on a second mesh for the multicultural. The first one has 2 recolors... (And that's me taking lots of time to make a decent recolor - I am terrible at fingerpainting. Where is a good texturizer when you need one!) I might even have time for a fan, hair decorations and a new hairstyle. (no promises!) lol I have to go old school for the hair mesh and accessories and do it the hard way. WHICH takes too much time... This is just for yae female. I haven't had time for teenagers or kids yet..

so... back to meshing after work.. :mod:

CheekyBugga
11th Feb 2013, 7:28 PM
Tomislaaw, the new uploads in February were already in the moderation queue when the wizard was turned off. I'm sure they'll finish their 'Spring clean' soon. Hope so cos I have some ready for upload too :) Amen sister!! So do I have some to upload,hopefully before I get too busy with moving :)

Kitty Paine
12th Feb 2013, 3:28 AM
I have some hiders ready for upload. I'm sure people will be grateful for the SSNs one. :p

Hasuko
12th Feb 2013, 7:06 AM
Just made my first sims for sharing.. can't wait until this is back!

Inge Jones
12th Feb 2013, 8:13 AM
For the benefit of anyone anxious to share their work, (as long as you can find somewhere like dropbox etc to actually put the file itself (and any screenshots you want to show), you can post about it and take feedback/support comments on my forum here: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php/board,25.0.html . Once MTS has restarted the queue and taken your upload, you can edit your post at simlogical, to point to its permanent home. That way people will still be able to find it.

NB I can't host images and files as attachments for reasons of bandwidth.

AriesFlare
13th Feb 2013, 3:05 AM
When the upload section opens back up, there is going to be a horde of content being submitted. This makes me think that it must be hard work approving the submissions. It has to be. Maybe hundreds will be submitted in 1 day. The moderators deserve some respect for their hard work and patience. I know there are people who are growing impatient. Stay strong and try to understand. These moderators do have lives on the side.

These people have to be really patient. I'm not kidding. I've submitted stuff that had to be edited for approval countless times. If I had to critique work from hundreds of people, it would probably drive me up the wall. These moderators keep it professional. I do admire their patience and tolerance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feb 15: I'm making a custom made career. Hopefully, this career will make it through the critiques in the future. I'm wanting to know if I really have to create a mesh for the career uniforms. :) I've made a Boxing Career. I would really like to make a boxing uniform mesh. Unfortunately, I don't know how to mesh very well. I usually don't really have much time to learn how to mesh. In that case, the sims will still be wearing the athletic apparel from the athletic career. I just think that the career would be epic with a clothing mesh. If there is anyone out there who has time to help me out on this, just let me know. You will get full credit on the mesh.

Details for mesh. I would like something basic.

For Male-Boxing gloves and Boxing shorts. No shirt.
For female- Boxing gloves, Supportive top, and Boxing shorts.

Then in the Boxing Champion career, they can have on the same clothing but with a robe. These boxing uniforms will be used during the 5th -10th Career stage. At the beginning of the boxing career, sims will wear just regular track suits provided by the game.

BionixWV
14th Feb 2013, 1:23 AM
Running a site for 9 years,hey, take all the time you need. I do have my first community lot upload ready for upload here when all is done.Haven't uploaded anything since....Sims 2,lol.

skarecro
15th Feb 2013, 4:41 PM
Maybe you should be more selective in what you allow people to upload. For example ....There are way to many houses that are uploaded. Pose packs are ridiculous. Many many of the uploads are a complete waist of your site resources.

Quantum_Reality
15th Feb 2013, 7:20 PM
Maybe you should be more selective in what you allow people to upload. For example ....There are way to many houses that are uploaded. Pose packs are ridiculous. Many many of the uploads are a complete waist of your site resources.

Mmh, I think I don't agree skarecro. Pose packs are very useful for storytellers and to make screenshots. And I looove seeing new houses, with interesting floorplans, to reproduce them for my game, or for downloads, when these are too difficult to build myself.

Ashaminnie
15th Feb 2013, 7:30 PM
Not to be rude, but the many, many uploads that are a complete waste of site resources were worked very hard on by someone and they are most likely quite proud of those uploads. And some people don't have the time, motivation or skill to build a house they like for their sims, so having a wide variety of houses available to download would be quite helpful to them.
This is coming from someone who has only uploaded houses, but still. Every upload on this website serves a purpose to someone. Some of them may be useless to you, but they ARE useful to someone else.

Anyways, can't wait to see the changes MTS!! I have a house ready to upload, but it's not going anywhere while I wait :)

M.M.A.A.
16th Feb 2013, 9:42 AM
So, how many uploads were there before? And how many now?

Nysha
16th Feb 2013, 11:03 AM
skarecro, we're already frequently criticised for being too selective in terms of the quality we require from uploaders. Restricting the types of things we allow people to upload, though, is even more difficult to get right, because it's totally subjective. I hate modern architecture, and I never download a sim who looks like someone real. I'd be perfectly happy if we had none of those kinds of uploads - but other people would say the complete opposite. So, when it comes to personal taste - in terms of the types of content, or the style - we'd rather give creators more freedom and let downloaders skip over whatever they're not interested in. :)

M.M.A.A., before and after what?

RomerJon17
16th Feb 2013, 11:50 AM
When the upload is back on track.. All the new uploads will explode with great stuff!! I can't wait... :)

Inge Jones
16th Feb 2013, 12:11 PM
Any clues yet on what sort of changes we can expect to the submissions process? Assuming that by this time you've all had a chance to talk it through?

Kitty Paine
16th Feb 2013, 7:10 PM
I know I could host elsewhere, but I'm excited to have it hosted here because I mostly only make sims which I share at the exchange and learning how to make mods is a big achievement for me. Also I only have 2 other uploads here. Its an honor to have my mods hosted at MTS. <3

M.M.A.A.
17th Feb 2013, 6:14 AM
M.M.A.A., before and after what?

As in at the beginning of the spring cleaning and ATM.

9b8ll
18th Feb 2013, 12:28 AM
Well, I hope you will take your time and the updates are really worth the wait! :)

Johnny5clowna
18th Feb 2013, 8:12 AM
I want to upload a Simple House, but The thesims3 website won't allow it, (mods are banned i guess) It's a mountain retreat home, Pimped out with ALL the stuff I could put in there, it requires ALL expansions, stuff packs, and pretty much any store you can think of. I want this house uploaded so bad.. Why did I not develop this house sooner? IDK, maybe because I NEVER GOT THE spring cleaning memo.

Johnny5clowna
18th Feb 2013, 8:15 AM
Still no uploads possible :( this makes me really sad :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sims99Fanatic
18th Feb 2013, 12:06 PM
Calm down dude. You know, I'm sure Delphy has an actual job to support himself, he must stay very busy with that as well. Patience is a virtue!

Peni Griffin
18th Feb 2013, 12:33 PM
Also, double posting and excessive simley usage don't bode well. Look over the submission guidelines and start drafting your submission so as to maximize the probability of acceptance. That'll keep you busy for a little while.

Nobody got a spring cleaning memo. You keep up with the site news or you don't.

Ghost sdoj
18th Feb 2013, 5:45 PM
You can always run it through the Creator Feedback forum while you wait. Then you will know that you've got all the details ironed out so when the uploads are ready again you can get it into the queue quickly.

(And you want to be as close to the beginning of the queue as possible. All the moderators are going to be swamped with 2 or 3 months worth of uploads at one time.)

*sends the mods a giant bottle of aspirin for when the uploads start again.*

Jakemeister1818
19th Feb 2013, 6:03 AM
When I load up the downloads screen. Why does nothing show up?

AriesFlare
19th Feb 2013, 7:12 AM
I was hoping Johnny5Clowna would have gotten a "Did something funny" accomplishments. LOL....I'm sure everyone found about about that moderation queue when we all tried to upload something. Well, that's how I found out.

Sterling_Archer
19th Feb 2013, 8:15 AM
I was hoping Johnny5Clowna would have gotten a "Did something funny" accomplishments. LOL....I'm sure everyone found about about that moderation queue when we all tried to upload something. Well, that's how I found out.

That's how I found out too, and your right Johnny5Clowna should have got the "Did something funny" accomplishment. No one got a memo about the spring cleaning

yadarya
19th Feb 2013, 3:32 PM
Thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing. Really looking forward to the new system. :D

porkypine
19th Feb 2013, 6:06 PM
....I'm sure everyone found about about that moderation queue when we all tried to upload something. Well, that's how I found out.

Every now and then I test it to see if it's ready but not yet published. I actually have a completed competition this time! (Only because there is this delay. :rofl: I am terrible at textures... They always slow me down.) If it remains closed, I'll have time to get all the extras made too! :bunny: I hope it passes moderation.... (We need a whimper and beg smiley)

Nysha
19th Feb 2013, 6:19 PM
Right now, we have the new system nearly finished, and are messing about rejecting each others' uploads with rude comments to make sure everything's working, and see what unforeseen problems crop up. We'll probably need a few more days for testing and wrangling out changes. :)

LenaShan
20th Feb 2013, 10:35 AM
GREAT :D I have this whole week in winter vacation and I've already got 3 sims ready for posting :)
I was afraid it would last much longer seeming that it had been almost 1 1/2 month since last upload, and then my holiday would be spoiled :( lol xD
But I'm glad you take your time to clean up the system, maintenance is indeed very important.
We'll be patiently(or very unpatiently xD) waiting for the upload button to return :3

Simlicious
20th Feb 2013, 1:24 PM
Take as much time as you need! Thank you for making MTS even more awesome :)

EmperorAugustus
20th Feb 2013, 3:44 PM
Just DFTBA

Karen Lorraine
20th Feb 2013, 6:30 PM
Just DFTBAWhat does this mean?

CheekyBugga
20th Feb 2013, 7:04 PM
What does this mean? Yeah I second that Kaz...I can't figure it out lol

naiyasfury
20th Feb 2013, 9:15 PM
What does this mean?

Don't Forget To Be Awesome

Firegrl94
25th Feb 2013, 9:00 AM
Just DFTBA

Eff yeah Nerdfighter Simmers

hedgekat
26th Feb 2013, 4:40 PM
Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Sims99Fanatic
27th Feb 2013, 4:50 PM
Anxiously Waiting...

And what idiot hit disagree? What's there to disagree with me about? It's true I am anxiously waiting. And there was nothing particularly rude about it either. :wtf:

DarkWolf's flipnotes
27th Feb 2013, 11:54 PM
ok, lets see, it's been, OVER ONE MONTH!!!! but, take your time, just get it back up before university, i wanna see mods for that

AriesFlare
28th Feb 2013, 1:21 AM
I love how some of the comments here are just a dead give a way of the patience running dry. They try to hide it with smiles and let's all be patient together. lol :P

Yeah. It's been over a month. Like 2 months. I have a feeling they are almost there. Maybe they are hesitating to open the upload section because they know it will be bombarded as soon as MTS members find out.

lena73
28th Feb 2013, 2:23 AM
I've been downloading from this site for a few years now.
I've downloaded so much custom content from so many places...I have found the best material here so far.
So many talented creative people, I just wanted to say thanks and I don't think the sims would have been as successful an EA game had it not been for all the people
that share their creations.
Thanks!

ButchSims
28th Feb 2013, 5:12 AM
Maybe they are hesitating to open the upload section because they know it will be bombarded as soon as MTS members find out.Or maybe, it's just that the mods have, like, a real life that needs attending to. After all, this is all done in their free time. (By the way, I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm sure the first few weeks are gonna be hell. :blink: ) I'm taking this opportunity to really refine my next submission, take proper screenies, make sure all links for cc are in order, that sort of thing. Granted, this should be done anyway, but sometimes it's nice to take a bit of time, and fine tune things. Until then, I suggest we all head over to the Winchester, have a few pints, and wait for this to blow over. :Pint:

Sterling_Archer
28th Feb 2013, 9:36 AM
Until then, I suggest we all head over to the Winchester, have a few pints, and wait for this to blow over. :Pint:

I'm down for that lol

Tashiketh
28th Feb 2013, 4:30 PM
We're almost there - we just have to fine tune the various PMs that get sent as part of the process and thats it. Expect it to take a few more days. Apologies for the delay!

jeromycraig
28th Feb 2013, 5:04 PM

I second the "Pose packs are ridiculous" argument. Ever since the Pose Player came out, the site has been flooded with them, and regular custom content seems to have fallen by the wayside. Surely there can't be more "storytellers" than there are people who just want to play the game and have neat things for their sims to wear and do and interact with.

Honeywell
28th Feb 2013, 5:12 PM
I second the "Pose packs are ridiculous" argument. Ever since the Pose Player came out, the site has been flooded with them, and regular custom content seems to have fallen by the wayside. Surely there can't be more "storytellers" than there are people who just want to play the game and have neat things for their sims to wear and do and interact with.Did you read any of the responses to that asinine post you're agreeing with? Just curious.

VioletPadfoot
28th Feb 2013, 5:15 PM
I second the "Pose packs are ridiculous" argument. Ever since the Pose Player came out, the site has been flooded with them, and regular custom content seems to have fallen by the wayside. Surely there can't be more "storytellers" than there are people who just want to play the game and have neat things for their sims to wear and do and interact with. No one forces you to look at them or download them. Yes, you have to see the thumbnail for the download on the "Downloads" page, but you don't see me or anyone else forcing you to click that link. I'm not a storyteller, but I am a creator and I find pose packs useful when taking pics for my uploads. And honestly, if Delphy is willing to provide the space for people to upload these "ridiculous" downloads, why should it matter to you? Filters and searching exist for a reason. You don't see me going around saying we need to stop hosting certain types of downloads just because I don't like them or use them. Because I know that out there, there is a simmer that does.

Sorry for the rant, and for going off topic, but some things just annoy me. ~VP

katierose33
28th Feb 2013, 10:51 PM
I second the "Pose packs are ridiculous" argument. Ever since the Pose Player came out, the site has been flooded with them, and regular custom content seems to have fallen by the wayside. Surely there can't be more "storytellers" than there are people who just want to play the game and have neat things for their sims to wear and do and interact with.

You know people take the time to create all kinds of things. Its not easy to creat anything in sims/ for sims....It must take the creater days to creat even one simple pose.I find it rude to snub something that someone took the time to create and share with the rest of us less capable simmers....I just want to thank all the wonderful creators who take their time and share whatever it is that make in their freetime for everything they make. :gjob:
and Mods Take your time ^_^ anything that makes this awesome site better is worth the wait......

ButchSims
1st Mar 2013, 12:24 AM
The most recent pose pack uploaded here was posted on January 10th, and it already has over 900 downloads. And that was for a "Hunger Games" pose pack, which has it's own niche. There are more generic poses that have even more downloads. So, yes, there is a large segment of the Simming community that loves them, uses them, and finds more uses for them than just for storytelling. The argument that sites have been flooded with them can be made for Sims, houses, hairs, and any other content. It all depends on what you find useful. I hardly ever download a house, but that doesn't mean I think that no houses should be uploaded to the site.

Plus, any item that gets through the upload process here represents the best quality of the community, regardless of what kind it is, and the creators should feel proud of their work.

joandsarah77
1st Mar 2013, 2:02 AM
Originally Posted by skarecro
Maybe you should be more selective in what you allow people to upload. For example ....There are way to many houses that are uploaded.

Some of us don't know how/don't make very good cc, but we can build. Building houses and community lots is all that I can do well enough to share. It isn't easy getting a lot uploaded on here. Apart from making an interesting floor plan, every piece of cc must be accounted for with a link and be free content which complies with not only the creators TOU of sharing but also the MTS criteria of not coming from a pay artist. It then needs screenshots which have to be changed to the MTS size requirements and on a very large lot getting those required screenshots isn't easy.

I'm just happy there are people who still love TS2 enough to create new and wonderful things for free.

Sugah Sim
1st Mar 2013, 3:18 AM
I'm just happy there are people who still love TS2 enough to create new and wonderful things for free.

I agree and couldn't have said it better myself, Jo! :beer:

Sims99Fanatic
1st Mar 2013, 3:36 AM
Oh please, if you take away someone's right to upload what they are best at don't you think that's just a little bit stifling to them? Let people upload whatever they want, the only thing is it should follow Creator Guidelines. There are plenty of things in all categories being uploaded for both games, no need to squabble over too many poses or houses.

AriesFlare
1st Mar 2013, 4:29 AM
[QUOTE=joandsarah77]Some of us don't know how/don't make very good cc, but we can build.

I'm sure that everything that is uploaded here on the site has a significance to someone here. There are people who really don't know how to build houses or have the time. Building a house takes a lot of work. It can take hours if not over 30 min.

Not all of us are great at the complex stuff. I kinda feel the same way you do. Some day, I would really like to figure out how to mesh and mod. As of now, I've only had recolors and edits of maxis food approved. Sometimes I feel like there is a person somewhere saying, "Not another recolor". Usually, I like reinventing things when I see something has a ton more potential. I like spicing up simple things. While I'm sure that there are people rolling their eyes at a recolor, I'm sure there are others out there who appreciate that someone took the time to add a bit of pizzazz to an object.

There is never too much of something. There is never too many pose boxes or houses. Those pose boxes are useful if you want to take some quality photos with your sims. Everything has it's purpose.

joandsarah77
1st Mar 2013, 5:01 AM
I love recolours! I often prefer to use a Maxis recoloured item as it's a smaller file and saves downloading yet another mesh. There are a number of Maxis items I've never found a recolour on, maybe they can't be,. I have no idea on these things; I've only recolourd a couch to a tutorial-and it looked pretty bad and a couple of clothing pieces.

missyhissy
1st Mar 2013, 11:30 AM
I can never EVER have too many recolours. I mean EVER.

And I like playing about with the poses. I'm not a story teller, but I like seeing the different poses people create. I've never tried to create any myself, but I can imagine how much time and effort would be involved getting the poses to look real enough to appeal to a wide audience. One of the reasons I love MTS so much is that everything uploaded here is of good quality and that someone, somewhere, has put a lot of effort into that upload :)

Hepis
1st Mar 2013, 4:14 PM
Yeah, poses are very useful 'cause with them I can take a lots of original and artistic photos. Without poses my photos'll be dull.

And yea, it is difficult to create a real looking pose. To do that you must perfectly know a human anatomy.

babygoboom
1st Mar 2013, 5:09 PM
Hi to all of the people who work on MTS

Just to say that your hard work is appreciated, and if you say that you need a Spring Clean, then I am more than happy to wait until you're happy with the site.

I mean, that's what we all want, isn't it? A fully functional MTS with great content? Yup, thought so...!

And besides, I'm enjoying looking up 'old stuff' and discovering stuff that I missed.

Thanks again, but, hurry back....!

x

porkypine
1st Mar 2013, 5:44 PM
:0) I just wanted to let you guys know that it takes hours and hours to produce a really spectacular set of items. A really good mesh can take about 12 + working hours to produce well and then the textures can take just as long. I've been working on a multicultural entry since it was announced - I work and keep up a home so I only have maybe 1 to 2 hours a day to work on my meshes and maybe 6 to 8 hours on weekends. I am not done with my set yet...

The Pose packs are really great for using in pictures. trying to pose and freez recalcitrant sims without pose packs is a nightmare! so I appreciate the time it takes their creators to make them. I got started here making houses because Sims is just a fancy lego set to me where I don't run out of parts. :) I love architecture but I went to making my own meshes when I could not find what I wanted. And while I am a featured creator and am very good at making meshes, I have had many items rejected mainly because my textures SUCK! :anime: :beer: So keep trying to make great stuff and get it ready for when the upload queue goes live! oh.. and develop a thick skin so you can improve your work if your upload gets rejected.. :anime:

joandsarah77
1st Mar 2013, 9:55 PM
Can't wait to see what your set is porkypine, it sounds really interesting.

I've got a lot just about ready for upload so you can add me to that queue now.

porkypine
1st Mar 2013, 9:59 PM
lol, If you have a full set of things, you can post it in creator issues. When they open the upload queue they will look at it then.

My upload will probably be too late for multicultural. I am stuck on hair textures. They are a dog to do well. I will try making a larger texture size to see if the ingame hair looks better. The set requires the new hairstyles to go with the outfits. I think I'll let my family take care of itself this weekend and tell them to clean, cook and serve me for once so I can getthis project ready.. lol

I finished my teen girl mesh last night but have to make some recolors for that. then the toddler outfit and recolors. and the hair and hair doodads... Lotsa work left to do..... so NO :beer: this weekend! lol

joandsarah77
1st Mar 2013, 11:11 PM
By 'lot' I meant a residential or maybe an apartment type of lot. I'm only a lowly lot builder.

Yes, that is what husbands and wii games are for. *Prods husband and children out the door*

Karlene Dachenhausen
2nd Mar 2013, 1:22 AM
are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? I miss downloading new stuff from here!!! So much FANTASTIC stuff it is!!!!

BevGal
2nd Mar 2013, 2:56 PM
I just want to get my vote in....this is the best site in the whole world for finding great stuff! Thank you to all the Modders and to you all that run this site..You're the best! Like everyone else, i miss you and all the great new stuff but please take all the time you need to make the site as awesome as you want it to be. As for the people whinning about pose packs, shut up! I'm like some of the other people on here, I don't do stories either but they come in handy to make some great photos for posters, signs, and billboards, so, everything has its purpose even if you don't see it at first.

trian
2nd Mar 2013, 3:47 PM
About there being too many lots uploaded:

Some people just suck at building, me for example. ;) And sometimes even here I have trouble to find just the right lot for something. *bows to the lowly lot builders being the lowliest downloader*

Honeywell
2nd Mar 2013, 5:30 PM
Completely off topic, but building is just as time consuming and requires just as much skill as creating for any other aspect of the game. Just because it's one of the things all simmers dabble in to some extent doesn't mean that lot builders are on some lower tier creator wise or are any less talented. I ♥ lot builders!

Karen Lorraine
2nd Mar 2013, 5:35 PM
Thank you Honeywell :) Yes it can take me days and sometimes weeks to get a lot right and as Jo said above getting the links for the CC right, finding the right CC, making a good floorplan etc is hard to do and then of course the image taking is not a walk in the park either :)

@ trian, some of us lot builders take requests you know :)

joandsarah77
2nd Mar 2013, 9:57 PM
Thanks Honeywell, I love your creations by the way! I should probably have a folder named 'Honeywell' for all the things you have made that I have downloaded. :bunny:

The lot I have ready now only took two days, but the water park I lost count how long that took to build. :blink:

jeromycraig
3rd Mar 2013, 1:55 PM
Did you read any of the responses to that asinine post you're agreeing with? Just curious.

Yes, and I found it valid. That's why I quoted it and wrote a response that agreed with that quote.

Honeywell
3rd Mar 2013, 2:29 PM
Yes, and I found it valid. That's why I quoted it and wrote a response that agreed with that quote.
Fair enough. I think it's an incredibly selfish point of view though and I'm surprised anyone would still think that way after having read the responses.

Kitty Paine
3rd Mar 2013, 5:08 PM
You know what's really frustrating about building lots? When your game crashes and you lose all that progress because you forgot to save. :P

ranabluu
3rd Mar 2013, 6:22 PM
I think the creators of whatever they choose to creator are great. Not everyone has to download everything to play in their game. I for one love the poses I only play TS2 so I like that people are still creating for TS2. BIG THANK YOU!!! I have tried to dabble in creating myself. I am only to recolors of pictures but it's a start. I find that people that tend to complain don't contribute to anything just complain about what they can and can not get. What they like and do not like. Yes I am aware of constructive criticism however, there is a right place, time, and location. I find that while I am waiting on the staff at MTS to finish making things better for us that I try to go to the WCIF section an assist those looking for things or try to provide a helpful comment to those in need of help. Last I checked no one was sited on any news channel as walking on water, turning regular water into wine, feeding the masses with a few loafs or bread and fish. Somethings are better just not being said.

amamartin999
3rd Mar 2013, 11:29 PM
Lol and i was like OMG WHERE DID THE PPL GO!? Hopefully it will be back by university...

Corylea
4th Mar 2013, 5:20 AM
I was thinking, "Wow, MTS has gotten SO picky that there are now no new uploads AT ALL." Then I read this news item. :-)

CheekyBugga
4th Mar 2013, 7:45 PM
Thank you Honeywell :) Yes it can take me days and sometimes weeks to get a lot right and as Jo said above getting the links for the CC right, finding the right CC, making a good floorplan etc is hard to do and then of course the image taking is not a walk in the park either :)

@ trian, some of us lot builders take requests you know :) I too Thank Honeywell and agree 100% with her and Karen it's not as easy some who have not created may think.My first upload here took a month to get approved,and that being my own fault as I didn't do it right! Now it's my turn to say "are we there yet?" "are we there yet?" hehe I have 2 new house folders on my desktop burning a hole in it!! lol Seriously MTS take your time,you was patient with me only fair I give back the same :) Cheer's

RomerJon17
5th Mar 2013, 10:53 AM
I have quite a lot of plans to build and share on MTS :)
I can't wait :D

amyanimalover
5th Mar 2013, 12:51 PM
I'm a DLer who contributes nothing but thanks and occasional comment on The Sims 2 section. I don't necessarily download all the houses that get uploaded, but I'm sure to take a peak at how they are decorated, how the floor plans are laid out and everything. I enjoy seeing lot creations as much as new objects. Can't wait to see new stuff ;w;. I check back everyday haha.

MusicalPlatypus
6th Mar 2013, 12:01 AM
Okay, I think it's awesome that there is Spring Cleaning for the queues, but when will we be able to upload again? I miss uploading! Plz hurry up! :)

MusicalPlatypus
6th Mar 2013, 12:05 AM
Some of us don't know how/don't make very good cc, but we can build. Building houses and community lots is all that I can do well enough to share. It isn't easy getting a lot uploaded on here. Apart from making an interesting floor plan, every piece of cc must be accounted for with a link and be free content which complies with not only the creators TOU of sharing but also the MTS criteria of not coming from a pay artist. It then needs screenshots which have to be changed to the MTS size requirements and on a very large lot getting those required screenshots isn't easy.

Words to live by. I can't creat Sims 3 CC to save my life. :llama:

AdonisPluto
6th Mar 2013, 11:55 AM
Firstly I would like to say well done to the MTS staff. It must have been a hard decision to take for the spring clean up and I do know its for the best interest of the site. For that I would like to say thank you to the Staff. I have always believed that uploads will be back when they are supposed to be, not a day longer and people need to have patience with that and simply wait for it to come back. It is good for everyone to remember that these staffs have a life outside of here which are very much more important because thats what puts food on their table. I would prefer to wait patiently for the work to be done well rather than have it up just to realize that something was forgotten. Like Delphy said we are almost there. So please and please lets wait for them to finish it up.

As to the suggestion of them being bombarded with uploads when it comes back online, well they are not complaining and I do know they realize that and are in high spirit waiting to moderate the uploads. So I think this is just the time most of us need to understand the creator guideline. I am so sure that many have not really read and understood it well enough and that really is the reason why so many uploads are rejected. This is he time some need to really read it and understand it rather being so anxious for i to come back because later when the upload is back many will still post not to know the reason why their upload was rejected.

So its all about team work. For Christ sake we the up loaders need to make it simple for the moderators and this we do by following the simple rules in the guidelines. Thats all they ask of us.

Having read through some of the comments posted I was really to disheartened to see some uncalled posts. Well i just came to the conclusion that those making such comments have simply lost it.Because we have so many cars in the world does not stop the companies from making more. So it is with all our needs. So for someone to suggest that a particular sort of uploads are much or uncalled for simply denotes that he individual has simply lost it. It is very hard to make things and not everybody has got the courage to venture into it. For all those who have managed to contribute one upload or another, they really deserve our great thanks because it is not easy. Some spend hours, days weeks or months to get an upload perfect. This gives all the freedom to choose what they want or not. If one cannot appreciate the hours that these creators put into their submissions then such a person is not worth commenting here because these creators do deserve our respect.

So to all my fellow creators, I would love to say thank you very much for all the selfless time you spent on getting us uploads. I really appreciate that very much. To the staff, please take your time, do your work and get s back when you know you are done.

Oh and guess what just got delivered to me just now.....hahahaha...yes my University pack.

Happy Simming all

Tashiketh
6th Mar 2013, 2:27 PM
Just in case you didn't see..... http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=497894

:) Locking this since, well, it's not neccesary anymore!

Also I'd like to thank everybody for their patience and kind words and waiting for us to be done. I know it's been hard, but I think the wait is well worth it! :)