PDA

View Full Version : Avast, Me Hardies! 'Tis Treasure Afoot!

HugeLunatic
1st Apr 2015, 12:55 PM
Come join in th' search fer booty untold!
Could it be jewels? Could it be gold?
Only one way to find out, ye be knowin',
Read th' first clue then get yourself goin'!

To get th' hunt started
'Tis easy, ye see
Just be off shout "ahoy"
To th' newest thar be

Clue #1
If you want more choices
So stuffs not the same
Well you'll never see them
Without this in your game
(TS2)

bluetexasbonnie
1st Apr 2015, 1:32 PM
Are we to guess and then post our answer, or is the next clue found where the correct answer is?

If it is the former, then CEP, .... if it is the later, then (as seems so typical of my life), I am clueless.

mustluvcatz
1st Apr 2015, 1:57 PM
@bluetexasbonnie
When you find the correct answer, the next clue is in that thread/post. Find that answer and get the next clue.. and so on, and so on. :)

MileyTheSimmer
1st Apr 2015, 2:23 PM
Custom content

Diovanlestat
1st Apr 2015, 2:24 PM
I'm never good at these games... find a matty and shake some booty.. nope... CEP... mmmmm... follow someone else whose smarter, or just open every damn page.... grrrrrr

CircusWolf
1st Apr 2015, 2:53 PM
ahoy!~

This is gonna be fun

bluetexasbonnie
1st Apr 2015, 2:59 PM
Dio -- CEP is the first step, ... but as to where that clue leads, ....

simsample
1st Apr 2015, 3:23 PM
Very cunning! I had fun doing this. :)

Squircle
1st Apr 2015, 4:06 PM
I gotta say, I've hit a wall with the third clue; a very broad description indeed.

justJones
1st Apr 2015, 4:12 PM
@Squircle and anyone else who get's stuck, a general suggestion is to take a look through the site map. It may help you figure things out.

Squircle
1st Apr 2015, 4:31 PM
@Squircle and anyone else who get's stuck, a general suggestion is to take a look through the site map. It may help you figure things out.
It did all too much! Let the hunting continue m'hearties!

Diovanlestat
1st Apr 2015, 4:33 PM
Three Different Versions, 2 outdated.... hahaha... now just to read through every single comment ever made...

CatherineTCJD
1st Apr 2015, 5:19 PM
Ahoy!
*eagerly scampers off on the hunt...*

Simonut
1st Apr 2015, 5:26 PM
I don't think this is a dare game this is April Fool day, the only hunting I am doing is not to hunt. :rofl:

mustluvcatz
1st Apr 2015, 5:33 PM
Well, it -is- Great Ideas Day and this -is- MTS aka TheSiteThatLovesAGoodGIDPrank. BUT there's a small reward of some type at the end every year, right? So get to hunting! :D

Deatherella
1st Apr 2015, 6:46 PM
having funner than the egg hunt already . . .

quick question, are all the rhymes at the top of the post or do we need to go digging?

Kestin
1st Apr 2015, 7:03 PM
Well, I've been on the fifth clue for half an hour. Maybe some lunch will shed some light on it. And here I wondered what I was going to do with myself today...

Deatherella: So far they've all been edited into the top of the post. I expect it's the same for the rest of them (does anyone know how many there are?).

Deatherella
1st Apr 2015, 7:24 PM
Well, I've been on the fifth clue for half an hour. Maybe some lunch will shed some light on it. And here I wondered what I was going to do with myself today...

Deatherella: So far they've all been edited into the top of the post. I expect it's the same for the rest of them (does anyone know how many there are?).

That's what I thought, just making sure so I'm not closing search threads and losing the next clue.

I'm stuck on the 5th, too.

Squircle
1st Apr 2015, 7:28 PM

Same, fifth clue, except its been somewhere around three hours. Maybe it doesn't exist at all! Nah I'm sure it does. But what if it actually doesn't! It does! It doesn't! It does! It doesn't! Agggghhhh!

SuperSimoholic
1st Apr 2015, 7:42 PM
I'm REALLY stuck on the 9th clue.
I've tried everything!

CatherineTCJD
1st Apr 2015, 7:45 PM
OK - I'm certified now... is my basket full?
When can eat my bunny? :giggler:

That was fun! Thanks! :luff:

DigitalSympathies
1st Apr 2015, 8:31 PM
I'm totally stuck on the 2nd TS2 clue. Parting seas... D'oh!

Squircle
1st Apr 2015, 8:35 PM
Can someone who gets it explain to me "I gained two points for eating 200?"
Is this in reference to aspiration points?
Definitely missing something here.

lauratje86
1st Apr 2015, 8:50 PM
I'm stuck on clue number 4 :-( And here I was hoping for an early night before work tomorrow..... :-P

**ETA** Ah ha! Found it! This is awesome :-) How many clues are there? I could do with an ETA for my bed time..... :-D

Ghost sdoj
1st Apr 2015, 8:55 PM
You aren't the only one who's stuck on that clue about 2 points for eating 200.

SuperSimoholic
1st Apr 2015, 9:01 PM
Aw yeah!!

This was awesome, some of these were so tricky! But I got to the end! Yay me!

DRPEPPERGRL
1st Apr 2015, 9:02 PM
I'm stuck on the 2 points for eating 200, too. I haven't really played Sims 2 though so I'm confused.

Wolf91
1st Apr 2015, 9:03 PM
Stuck on the 5th one too. I even naughtily tried to cheat by using Google, but to no avail :p

Love the Great Idea's Day idea, even if I'm not getting very far with it...

Edit: Finally did it, with a LOT of help. But I've also learned how to use the site map, and how to properly use the search features too! :lol:

justJones
1st Apr 2015, 9:09 PM
I will tell you, for those who've asked, there are 14 clues, counting the one in this post.

As to clue number 5...Muahahahahahahahaha...you'll get no hint from me. Though @Squircle is sort of on the right wave length at least....

lauratje86
1st Apr 2015, 9:10 PM
I don't know anything about The Sims 4, which makes Sims 4 clues pretty tricky. Sims 2 is my strongest point, and I know a little about Sims 3, but now I'm starting to wish I was more familiar with The Sims 4 as well! I never thought that anything would make me wish I'd bought it! :-D

**ETA** Sort of thank you, justJones :-P But isn't the clue that Squircle is talking about the 4th clue?

justJones
1st Apr 2015, 9:15 PM
Well, I think as long as you sort of know the site, the clues should be ok. It's mostly the same set of areas for each game. So if you know what's here for 2, the same should be for 4, for the most part ;)

lauratje86
1st Apr 2015, 9:51 PM
Bah, I'm stuck again :-( I wish I'd thought to keep track of how many clues I've done!

**ETA** I've written a list to find out - and I'm completely stuck on what I think is the last clue! No fair! :'-(

Deatherella
1st Apr 2015, 9:56 PM
I found it! I found it!

Now, to go get stuck on another one . . .

Squircle
1st Apr 2015, 10:03 PM
I won't name who it was because I don't want people swarming them with "WHERE IS THE ANSWER TO THIS" messages, but shoutout to the person who got me past the fifth clue, was stuck on that one for hours! You got me a good chunk of the way through, but stuck on clue nine now. Not asking for an answer, just an update!
And for those of you stuck on various clues, keep digging! I know you can get through them all! I believe in you!

Update to my update: Now actually stuck stuck on clue eleven. =[

Update after the update to my update: I'm going to regret it but someone throw me a hint for clue eleven. :report: :help:

lauratje86
1st Apr 2015, 10:09 PM
I did it! Woo! I made it to the end! :-D This was so totally worth the tiredness I'm going to feel at work tomorrow :-D

Luckk
1st Apr 2015, 10:16 PM
Oh man this is fun! I love challenges like this but dang, 2 for 200...
I know I can get this. It's just taking a bit.

Kestin
1st Apr 2015, 10:46 PM
Can someone who gets it explain to me "I gained two points for eating 200?"
Is this in reference to aspiration points?
Definitely missing something here.

!!!

This gives me new inspiration. Let's see if I find it now or hit another dead end...

(And no, don't worry, I haven't been continuously struggling with this for the last five hours. :P )

Ghost sdoj
1st Apr 2015, 10:50 PM
!!!

This gives me new inspiration. Let's see if I find it now or hit another dead end...

(And no, don't worry, I haven't been continuously struggling with this for the last five hours. :P )

Neither have I. I had a break for lunch. :)

Kestin
1st Apr 2015, 11:14 PM
Neither have I. I had a break for lunch. :)

Yes...and quite a twist of fate, that lunch itself became the key. Found clue #6, now on #7...the moment of "omg yes I found it" never ceases to thrill. :D

Moist Tumblr
1st Apr 2015, 11:16 PM
I was stumbling around one of the fourms and found an expected clue! Now I don't know which clue I'm on...

Luckk
1st Apr 2015, 11:22 PM
Okay I know what I should be looking for but I can't find it...
Why is this so hard? XD

Chicken0895
1st Apr 2015, 11:34 PM
I can't get past clue about 200 points either. I bet it's going to be obvious once I figure it out.

k2m1too
1st Apr 2015, 11:36 PM
Shiver me timbers! Wait... what?? I thought this was Great Idea Day not Talk Like a Pirate Day (which is in September)... :confused: I got to the answer in the pirate way... or proven myself a fool. Either way... ARRHHHH!

Squircle
1st Apr 2015, 11:36 PM
Let's see, I've been hunting since about 7:30 this morning, it's now about 3:30...have I really been doing this for 8 hours!?

Deatherella
1st Apr 2015, 11:38 PM
I don't know what number I'm on anymore.
But the one I'm stuck on, I know right were to go find what it describes on another site.

Now, to figure out what they mean for it here.

lionessgirl
1st Apr 2015, 11:44 PM
Yeah, I've been stuck on the 200 points one for about six hours now...

Kestin
1st Apr 2015, 11:49 PM
A hint for those stuck on #5: what might a Sim eat 200 of?

Even with the answer to that in mind, though, the next clue is pretty hard to stumble on. It's not in an intuitive location like the others have been (unless you can parse the first few lines, unlike myself, who found them too vague to work with). Try searching in other ways. (I'm stuck on #9 now. Would appreciate a hint :P )

EDIT: ...It seems that I accidentally found the answer to clue #10 while looking for clue #5. Uh. You can probably ignore this post. >_< Now I'm all combobbled. On the bright side, it means I'm a few ahead? I guess? I'm gonna have to sort out where exactly I am right now after some dinner. Aiee.

Squircle
1st Apr 2015, 11:53 PM
If you need a subtle hint, I do have a work-in-progress hint guide in my journal via my profile. If you're a trooper and don't want to be hinted, just don't check it out. =]

Chicken0895
1st Apr 2015, 11:59 PM
Thank you Squircle! I would have never found the next clue because I don't really pay attention to that part of the site. Now I can move on.

Kestin
1st Apr 2015, 11:59 PM
If you need a subtle hint, I do have a work-in-progress hint guide in my journal via my profile. If you're a trooper and don't want to be hinted, just don't check it out. =]

Wow, I never would've gotten #9. I can't see the connection between the clue and the answer. Thanks much!

Luckk
2nd Apr 2015, 12:03 AM
Wow, number 5 really threw me off. XD
The staff was having way too much fun with this!

Kestin
2nd Apr 2015, 12:25 AM
*sigh* Well, as I edited into an earlier post, I apparently jumped ahead a few clues, completely by accident. The bright side of this is that it means I'm on the final clue. The downside is that I thought that was clue #9 (or something; I'm so done with numbers), so now I'm back to square one in the "what?" department.

Don't use the "search entire site" function, kids. It'll get you all tangled up.

DigitalSympathies
2nd Apr 2015, 12:56 AM
I am so stuck on #13 now. *furrows brow*

Deatherella
2nd Apr 2015, 12:56 AM
Arrrrrggggghhhh!!!!

Just venting. I thought my feeble fried brain came up with the "right" answer for the last one, it certainly fits the clue, but noooooooo.

DigitalSympathies
2nd Apr 2015, 1:03 AM
I'm pretty sure #14 has to do with graphics cards but I'm looking through all the pages and I'm stumped. Hm.

CatherineTCJD
2nd Apr 2015, 1:04 AM
So...this thread: "Guide: Two Graphics Cards? How to make Sims stop using the integrated one." isn't the 'tale of two cards' answer???
OK. Now I'm stuck.

Deatherella
2nd Apr 2015, 1:04 AM
I'm pretty sure #14 has to do with graphics cards but I'm looking through all the pages and I'm stumped. Hm.

Me, too. And that thar darn thread with that thar clue in the name don't have a clue in it. Arrrrrr . . .

CatherineTCJD
2nd Apr 2015, 1:05 AM
I think I'm where you are... *sigh*

DigitalSympathies
2nd Apr 2015, 1:06 AM
So...this thread: "Guide: Two Graphics Cards? How to make Sims stop using the integrated one." isn't the 'tale of two cards' answer???
OK. Now I'm stuck.

It was that one, or the Game Help:System Requirements/MTS2 Recommendations one and now I'm like "hmmm..." because neither are it!

Chicken0895
2nd Apr 2015, 1:08 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of the graphics cards. I thought I might be stuck in a computer geek mindset.

Deatherella
2nd Apr 2015, 1:10 AM
Well . . . our great minds were thinking alike, anyway. I think I'm wasting time clicking thru other threads that might be about cards in there.

CatherineTCJD
2nd Apr 2015, 1:14 AM
Oh, Great Idea gurus - please, please, with your expert wisdom, give us another clue! ;)

Squircle
2nd Apr 2015, 1:28 AM
Everywhere I look for the answer to 14, I turn up empty handed. 10 hours in, and counting! :up:

HugeLunatic
2nd Apr 2015, 1:37 AM
T'wards the end
Lunie was giddy
So all the clues
May not be at the head

Chicken0895
2nd Apr 2015, 1:53 AM
SuperSimoholic apparently got to the end, so at least we know the clue exists (somewhere).

Lan the Hedgehog
2nd Apr 2015, 1:55 AM
Maybe your line of though is right, we just have to look from another perspective

Squircle
2nd Apr 2015, 1:56 AM
T'wards the end
Lunie was giddy
So all the clues
May not be at the head

I wonder if Lunie means Lunararc?
I dunno, I'm just trying to connect the dots here. :Pint:

Chicken0895
2nd Apr 2015, 2:00 AM
I finally found it. Pay attention to HugeLunatic's last two clues: a tale of two cards and not be at the head...

Deatherella
2nd Apr 2015, 2:08 AM
Found it, too.

Now, those eggs at that other hunt . . . from today and yesterday . . .

And, you know, I actually came onto the site this morning to put new swatches on my new upload and was distracted. I finished marking the spot with an X any-hoo.

Arrrrrrr.

HugeLunatic
2nd Apr 2015, 2:09 AM
Eggs? pffftt... I can't find those. :anime:

Deatherella
2nd Apr 2015, 2:12 AM
Eggs? pffftt... I can't find those. :anime:

I found all of them from the first day, none from the second and two early this morning and was stumped. Came onto MTS and found a way more fun hunt that I could make at least have a clue about the clues.

Kestin
2nd Apr 2015, 2:12 AM
I finally found it. Pay attention to HugeLunatic's last two clues: a tale of two cards and not be at the head...

Yep, got it as well after that, though missed it on my first pass. Now I just have to work up the courage to use the PM system, heh.

DigitalSympathies
2nd Apr 2015, 2:19 AM
Gah, still stuck. My brain is all frazzly about this. I'm gonna make some tea.

Squircle
2nd Apr 2015, 2:40 AM
Clocking out at eleven hours. Although, the final piece was staring me in the face for roughly an hour, but I did it! :llama:

Lan the Hedgehog
2nd Apr 2015, 2:43 AM
I still don't get it.

Luckk
2nd Apr 2015, 2:57 AM
14 is going to be the end of me

Ghost sdoj
2nd Apr 2015, 4:31 AM
*sigh* Well, as I edited into an earlier post, I apparently jumped ahead a few clues, completely by accident. The bright side of this is that it means I'm on the final clue. The downside is that I thought that was clue #9 (or something; I'm so done with numbers), so now I'm back to square one in the "what?" department.

Don't use the "search entire site" function, kids. It'll get you all tangled up.

Not to mention finding really cool stuff that you've never seen before, despite it having been uploaded 6 years ago. :)

This was a lot of fun, but I'm way too easily sidetracked.

Luckk
2nd Apr 2015, 5:25 AM
Found it! Oh man that was fun!

TRobbins
2nd Apr 2015, 9:14 AM
Lol, yeah, the end is not very clear. I thought it was part of the original message. I guess I had found it yesterday, and didn't even realize it.

arathea
2nd Apr 2015, 9:21 AM
:llama: *pets her pretty llama* :giggler:

Kestin
2nd Apr 2015, 1:30 PM
Not to mention finding really cool stuff that you've never seen before, despite it having been uploaded 6 years ago. :)

This was a lot of fun, but I'm way too easily sidetracked.

Haha, that is true. And I did eventually get untangled. With the help of Squircle's hints. I like how people helped each other without totally giving stuff away. Best of both worlds imo.

CatherineTCJD
2nd Apr 2015, 4:15 PM
...well... my llama may be more gimpy than swarthy. It's taking a while to get here. No doubt it's on it's way, just probably getting as side-tracked as I did yesterday in the 'hunt'! ;)

Kestin
2nd Apr 2015, 5:18 PM
There isn't a return PM. Just check your achievements. :)

Miss Shao Huan
2nd Apr 2015, 8:14 PM
I don't even know the answer to the first one xD

HugeLunatic
3rd Apr 2015, 12:45 AM
Thanks for playing everyone! As of right now...everyone has that has pm'd me has gotten their Llama. :)

CatherineTCJD
3rd Apr 2015, 3:24 AM
Thanks Lunie - he's really sweet under that swarthy exterior! Y'arrrr!

Fizzy9
3rd Apr 2015, 5:24 AM
:llama: I Loooove my Llama.. Thank you Lunie :bunny:

Lamare
4th Apr 2015, 7:32 PM
Thanks, that was fun :)

o-rangeplumbobs
7th Apr 2015, 10:08 PM
Custom content?

Original_Simmer
10th Apr 2015, 5:13 AM
It's probably CEP.

fortheloveofsims2015
12th Apr 2015, 4:38 PM
Come join in th' search fer booty untold!
Could it be jewels? Could it be gold?
Only one way to find out, ye be knowin',
Read th' first clue then get yourself goin'!

To get th' hunt started
'Tis easy, ye see
Just be off shout "ahoy"
To th' newest thar be

Clue #1
If you want more choices
So stuffs not the same
Well you'll never see them
Without this in your game
(TS2)

CEP recolorer

Nyanchan
17th Apr 2015, 8:10 AM
i can't even get past the second one :(

cespencer7
20th Apr 2015, 10:52 PM
I can't find the first clue's location. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=92541&c=1&ht=0&page=37&pp=25#startcomments goes to CEP 9 but I can't see any clue for the next item. I checked the first clue and then all clues after April 1st. Is there more than one CEP thread?

Klaartje
21st Apr 2015, 6:23 AM
This was a one- day event, all clues have already been removed :)