Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2023 at 9:57 PM
Default Many years belated, but...
Hello, lovely people!

I've been around MTS since its inception, but only to anonymously download cool things. This year, I decided to stop substituting The Sims for social interaction and talk to Real People! But, you know, mostly about The Sims.

I started playing TS1 the year it launched. As a solitary kid who spent half my childhood in hospital, this game kept my spirits high, my creativity engaged, and social meter a stable green. Countless nights were spent hovered over my janky, hand-me-down PC, listening to The Cure and virtually exploring the world my Sims lived in. I held raucous house parties! Gifted lawn gnome after lawn gnome to attain friendship! Accepted way too many fruitcakes! And, you know, silently removed pool ladders while my enemies were taking a dip.

I owned every EP except Makin' Magic, which I remedied this year for my birthday. I'm living my best life, truly.

In the years between, I only played TS2; I still have too much fun in game to feel tempted by the subsequent additions to the series, shiny as they are. My early years were packed with glorious, high-definition, insanely detailed CC. I even made a few CAS items here and there, though I have no idea what happened to them. (I... break a lot of computers. RIP janky PC of my youth. And the string of computers that followed.)

Lately, I'm enjoying Maxis-match items and playing premade families for the first time. I still spend 80% of my time building, but it's such a trip to experience the stories of families I first met almost twenty years ago(!!!) and actually get to know them... instead of evicting them and tossing them into a bin so I could take their house.

Anyway, I'm glad MTS is still around and possibly more vibrant than ever. Here's to becoming an active part of this community!

And if I disappear at times, you know where I'll be.

(Breaking another computer, probably. )
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Oct 2023 at 5:52 PM
Hi @chamelea and nice to meet you at last!

I love Sims 1 and Sims 2 as well, Sims 1 is still fiendishly difficult! Looking forward to seeing you around here a lot more, I hope you'll tell us about your sims and show some pictures on the social threads some time!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Oct 2023 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hi @chamelea and nice to meet you at last!

I love Sims 1 and Sims 2 as well, Sims 1 is still fiendishly difficult! Looking forward to seeing you around here a lot more, I hope you'll tell us about your sims and show some pictures on the social threads some time!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I will definitely be around from here on, swapping stories and snapshots with my fellow simmers. :D