Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 1:52 PM
can i use "stay for a night" for evil bath or take food from their refrigerator??
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#77 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 5:33 PM
Kyra89: If you do choose to give your sim a husband, you must take a screenshot of the amount of money he moves in with. You must then present this when post your score (and make sure you minus the amount he brings from your house worth).

Also bear in mind that he cannot have a job, or being any form of income into the home. He can't help to steal or mooch either. He must basically be a brain-dead zombie! haha!

Jarod95: Yes, You can use "Stay The Night" to take advantage of their appliances!

lewjen: You only get the "Swipe Something..." Option between 7pm-6am

Alex
xoxo
Typical
#78 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 7:26 PM
Thanks for the clarification Alex.
Test Subject
#79 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 7:58 PM
This is an excellent challenge! I'm starting it right now.

Haha, ever since I got this game it's sort of turned into a kleptomania mini-game for any family I start.
Test Subject
#80 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:00 AM
Hi, I just started this today and have one question. Can your Sim sell insects he/she traps to the Science Lab?
Field Researcher
#81 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:22 AM
i stole 2 lamp and a coffee table from Alto house...
i thaugh i can stole sometin valuable..sell them right away!
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:37 AM Last edited by shadohart : 14th Jun 2009 at 6:14 AM.
Default A glimpse into the life of Becca Davenport
Quote: Originally posted by jarod95
i stole 2 lamp and a coffee table from Alto house...
i thaugh i can stole sometin valuable..sell them right away!

I've kept everything she's stolen. Made plenty of money to pay the bills with challenges and gems. Found a pink diamond that when cut is worth 5000 dollars. I was floored.

Of course, I have all the cars available (some new fams now, so could get more) and my chair collection is coming along nicely. *smirk*

Ok, have a confession:

Things were going along so well for Becca. She had "friends" that allowed her to sleep over on a nightly basis. All the while never suspecting that the missing items in the morning had been added to her own little house.

The police were baffled by the thefts and had even taken to calling her the Chair Bandit. Disgusting really. It's not like she only took chairs. Far from it. Light fixtures and the occasional couch rounded out her prized collection. None of them understood her.

Who needed real friends anyway? At least that's what she told herself. It all changed on that one fateful job. This was the last house on her list and she'd cased the joint several times. Schmoozing her way into the good graces of the wife was as easy as always. She pocketed a little change, raided the fridge and used her universal remote to turn off the TV every time they turned it on. It was her standby trick to get persistent sims to go to bed. Sure enough, they headed upstairs and left her free to do her worst.

She'd just stuffed a lovely damask chair into her bag when HE walked in. Parker. Built like a greek statue and smirking at her, he pulled her into a dance that swept her off her feet. In a few short hours she found herself telling him of her evil plans and to her surprise, he completely approved. Even going into his bedroom to allow her to take a couple more things. This one night, she let her guard down and actually stayed the night with him.

That was the end though. NO way she was going to be tied down. She slipped out of his bed in the early dawn and left without giving him her name. Then as a day turned into two, she realized something was terribly wrong. A quick visit to the doctor confirmed it. She was pregnant.

It was while competing in the community bbq the next afternoon that she saw him. There was no need to announce her pregnancy, he could see it for himself. He was being consoled by the vile goody-two-shoes Bebe Hart. Becca felt something that afternoon that she'd never felt before... burning hate and jealousy. She decided then and there that if she didn't want to lose him, she was going to have to take him home and make him the curator of her Chair Museum.

She poked Bebe and took Parker's hand, proposing to him on the spot. So when it was time to go to the hospital, her new husband was by her side. It actually felt good to not be alone. Parker understood her need to swipe. He never judged and he was great with their child, Drake.

They were both so proud that Drake also embraced evil. Since birth, they'd joyfully stolen his candy and whispered evil plans into his ear. Tonight however, they realized that it may have been a mistake to push the young sim so hard. Parker had taught Drake to talk and apparently he had quite a bit to say.

Becca and Parker were enjoying hijacked cable programs on the TV Becca swiped from the museum when Drake crawled over to join them. The feeling of contentment was so new to Becca. She looked from her child to her husband and announced that she might give up the criminal life and settle down. Parker didn't get a chance to respond because Drake cackled for the first time. Their happiness at his minuscule cackle turned to shock when as he sat up, Drake's body continued to stretch to unnatural and frankly, creepy preportions.

They sat in stunned silence while Drake told them that he fully intended to learn the craft and take over the empire when Becca passed away, of old age.... or otherwise. Who would be brave enough to argue the point with a mutant demon spawn? Certainly not Becca and Parker.

I didn't take a screen shot (didn't know I needed to or think of it at the time), but he came to the house with 1300 + simoleans. I donated 1500 to undermine a charity, so I'm hoping that will make up for it. I'll continue to play even if disqualified though. It's fun.

The child was a toddler for two days before I was able to steal a baby bed. I had to put the family's toddler outside and then they kept trying to pick him up... so I just stood there holding him till it was time to steal and everyone was asleep. Even then, I didn't think I was going to get the bed, cause we got the rug and the wall hanging first. Heh.

Still have no potty chair and have not seen one. So he'll have to learn that one on his own. Just like his Momma! *chuckle*

Truly though... have lots of valuable gems to sell if I need to pay the bills. Still only eight cars, but have four computers. Had to use the cheat to put them on the floor cause I don't have enough tables or pedestals. One laptop was found while fishing. OH and I have 8 magic gnomes. They are swarming the place like mice! It's hilarious.

OHHHHHHH and you can mooch food from your spouse. No joking. Plus make him neat and he cleans for you. Live in maid - who goes stir crazy if you don't let him leave the house every now and then. *smirk*
Test Subject
#83 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shadohart
I didn't take a screen shot (didn't know I needed to or think of it at the time), but he came to the house with 1300 + simoleans. I donated 1500 to undermine a charity, so I'm hoping that will make up for it. I'll continue to play even if disqualified though. It's fun.

You (and any other newlyweds) could use the familyfunds cheat to change your funds back to the former amount. *If* that's ok with Mr.Alex of course.

In the cheat box type:

testingcheatsenabled true

familyfunds Family'sName FormerAmount

testingcheatsenabled false

Did the toddler just cry until he passed out??
Our heirs are related! Kenny's spawning demon children with Zelda Mae. She's been popping out babies for weeks, all boys. If she doesn't have a girl this time around I'll have to move her in and feed her my stash of watermelon.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#84 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:10 AM
shadohart: No, you are not disqualified One way or another you managed to deduct the amount he brought into the house from your funds, so that's okay - you no longer have an advantage over people who's sims remain single I have to say, your story is fantastic - and I thought it was just me to constantly turned the TV off to make them go to bed. I'm sat there turning it off over and over like "Get the hint already!" haha! Loved the picture of the creepy contorted baby!

Rousedower: Yes, your sim can sell insects and bugs

Alex
xoxo
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amsterdave
Did the toddler just cry until he passed out??

LOL yeah.. and woke the adults up in the process. They wanted to pick him up and sooth him, but just kept cancelling. What else could I do? Buying a bed was a no no. I was looking for one and trying to steal one since I found out she was preggers. Finally went to the park and waited for someone to go by with a toddler and looked for their house. Took a few days though.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrAlex
I have to say, your story is fantastic

Glad you are enjoying it. It was a lark at first, but I'm having fun with it. I have never done the story thing with sims before. Drake has evil plans all his own. The story is unfolding in my head and I'll continue sharing if you want.

I thought it was just me to constantly turned the TV off to make them go to bed.

I love seeing them complain about it! LOL Can't wait to use the cheat to remove the time restriction, but won't till after the game is over.

Loved the picture of the creepy contorted baby!

Saw that on another thread but not in my game. When it happened, I jumped to get Becca home, zoom in and take the pics. Had just read the thread about the snapshot of the move in and thought I'd share demon Drake at the same time I "confessed". LOL Don't know if I really want 'em to fix that bug. It's creepy and all but funny to watch. Her certainly seeeeeeemed to be telling them that he needed her to get more money and to stop bringing home trash. That night, she got a statue and something else of value. So maybe he was. LOL
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:53 PM

Rousedower: Yes, your sim can sell insects and bugs

Some of the more valuable bugs are adding to my lot value though. They don't die.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 3:08 PM
SHadow the pic of the hubby looking at the contorted baby wheres his arm he just has a hand lol
Field Researcher
#89 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 3:58 PM
roflcakes. This looks like fun. I'm on board. <3
Test Subject
#90 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:52 PM
can u show me wat to create an avater
I need some help can some body plese help me crate a avater
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shuana072380
I need some help can some body plese help me crate a avater

Not sure this is the right place for it... but..... My avatar is a rubber stamp that I carved, stamped and colored in. Shadohart has been with me for 25 yrs or more. Used to be a sketch I did for my one and only attempt at D&D. You can use a pic you have of yourself, something else or you just take a pic in the game of your sim, resize to 100 by 100 pixels and upload that to photobucket or some such.

Then click on your name (upper right corner) and then edit your profile (left sidebar and finally click on edit avatar (left sidebar). Then you put in the URL provided by photobucket under "Direct Link" and you are set.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 1:06 AM
Well my sims finally an elder, n i jist wanted to double check.. should i jist pause the game when death comes for her and go into buy mode to get ma screen shot or do u get to still kick about the house when they're gone? Ament quite sure what happens coz i've no had a household wi jist the one sim in before

As lazy as a rug on vallium
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:05 AM
I really like this challenge idea so I decided to see how it goes.

My Klepto Queen:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a...eenshot-117.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a...eenshot-118.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a...eenshot-119.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a...eenshot-116.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a...eenshot-115.jpg

Her name is Sandra Eisley (I was listening to Golly Sandra by Eisley while making her and I love that song anyway).
Test Subject
#94 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:39 AM
ok im in on the challenge i just have no idea how to upload on this site lol, i get side tracked in the forums and can never find the right one on how to upload sims 3 content. lol
Test Subject
#95 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:02 AM
Questionnn!~ I don't like having my sims age past young adult so, can I count the number of days up till when they're supposed to die instead of letting them kick the bucket? :3
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:25 AM Last edited by mishibob : 15th Jun 2009 at 6:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by niloc
ok im in on the challenge i just have no idea how to upload on this site lol, i get side tracked in the forums and can never find the right one on how to upload sims 3 content. lol

You mean upload images? If you take a screenshot in the game,it'll save in your Documents where it says "Electronic Arts" and then "Screenshots". You go to imageshack and click on "browse" look for your image and just upload it,copy the direct link and paste it on your post.

Anyway,
Sandra's first smooch was smooching a microwave dinner from the lady behind her in orange.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a...eenshot-122.jpg

Her first robbery! Knocking on Kennedy's house.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a...eenshot-123.jpg
Ohhhh lovely furniture you've got there! Teehee.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a...eenshot-124.jpg
Her evil trait made her want to scare the lady.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a...eenshot-125.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a...eenshot-127.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a...eenshot-128.jpg
While the lady went to the bathroom,Sandra decided to do her first swipe!
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a...eenshot-130.jpg
She almost got caught
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a...eenshot-131.jpg
Sandra is the epitome of evil.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a...eenshot-132.jpg

She stole two sofas,it's a good start.

edit: I have a few questions,if you collect cut gems won't that bring up the house value? Is that allowed? I'm just wondering. Couldn't somebody cheat by just collecting stuff?

Quote:
Is it weird that now WHENEVER my sim goes into a house I find myself saying "Oooh, that would look so nice in my kitchen!" haha!

Same! This is the first time I'm actually having fun with this game. :D
Test Subject
#97 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 7:19 AM Last edited by NiKKname : 15th Jun 2009 at 7:30 AM.
uhm....i was just wondering lol when u steal cars, can u steal the parking space too? if not then where do we put the car at? can we put it just anywhere on the lot? does it work that way? i havent tried yet and im about to go to sleep sooo idk lol and if we cant steal the parking space, can we buy one from buy mode? also, if i steal 2 things from a house and come back another day, can i keep coming back and keep stealing 2 things instead of 3 and not being able to go back to that house?
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 12:13 PM
Has anybody been able to steal a bed? My toddler is now a teen and rather than sleep on a couch, he booted his dad out of bed and sleeps there. Now Parker has to sleep on the couch.

OH, when he transitioned to child and could get wishes..... he is first wish was to see his father's ghost. ROFL He is looking forward to killing off his parents it seems!
Test Subject
#99 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sakitu
Questionnn!~ I don't like having my sims age past young adult so, can I count the number of days up till when they're supposed to die instead of letting them kick the bucket? :3

I was wondering that too, but I figured that elders probably don't perform half as well so it wouldn't be fair?? I'm interested in what the answer's going to be
--------
My challenge is currently on hold. When I moved Zelda in, it was also her transition day into elder. I really want her to spawn a female heir, but I can't figure out how to add a few days to her life. Obviously I don't have any means of getting life fruit.
Does anyone know a way???
I think I read somewhere the pescado's awesome mod lets you change age, but I'm not seeing it. *grumble*
Field Researcher
#100 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 12:44 PM
I don't think you can steal a bed. Even if there's nothing in a room but a bed, the option to swipe something seems to disappear for that room. Must be too big to carry. xD
Page 4 of 13