Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Testers Wanted: Open Plan Interior Staircase **UPDATED**

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 1,335 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 125,988 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 28th Mar 2005 at 9:03 PM
Updated: 28th Mar 2005 at 11:44 PM - typos
Hi Guys...
Would you test this for me please? Made with SimPE v.0.32b it's EP ready, with (ten!) unique GUID's.

This is an interior 'open plan' staircase. Once again, I hate most of the stairs that shipped with the game...so I've made my own. Designed for a modern, 'minimal' style home, office or Hotel, they have a very modern, spacious look.

They has the option of a step-support rail (when placing in the centre of a room) or you can 'remove' the rail ... so you have a 'floating' staircase (when placed against a wall) -the pictures explain it better than my words..

***** [EDIT: Thanks to Numemnor for tidying up the package ....now fully recolourable (steps too) ...so have added Black steps...more colours later in the week]*******

PLEASE NOTE: These stairs work like 'ordinary' stairs...in other words... the 'space' under them is 'seen' by the game as part of the stairs.
You can use the 'moveobjects on' cheat to place things under them...but be careful not to place 'useable' things (like chairs, desks etc) because your Sim will complain about not being able to access them. They can however 'view' things..(so I'm not sure if you can put a music system or tv under them.) Anyway, they are more for asthetic use, than actual 'space'saving...

Finally, I'm not sure if someone else has already made these...if so..my apologies. Also, I'm not 100% sure this is the right forum (because it's a new object...but it could be considered 'construction'. Anyway, I've seen other stairs posted here...so I guess it's the right place.

Enough from me...please report any issues you have with them

Enjoy, ...and thanks for testing...

Bob

[p.s. I'm actually away from home at the moment...so I won't be producing as many things as usual for a few weeks....then back to 'normal' ]