Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Always Keep A Doctor At Hospital (Bugfix) - v5

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 1,123 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 88,414 Views
February 06, 2020 - Scumbumbo has passed on but his work and memories are still being kept alive by many of those whose lives he has touched. To download fixes for his mods, please check https://scumbumbomods.com/ and please direct any questions or concerns to the discord channel linked there.
Uploaded: 4th May 2015 at 5:06 AM
Updated: 21st Feb 2019 at 11:20 PM - Updated for February 21, 2019 game patch
Updated February 21, 2019 - Updated to add a location-based Sim filter which will be required by the next game pack. Not sure what that will be since the pack isn't released yet - likely just something to keep "Strange" Sims from becoming doctors.

This update REQUIRES your game to be updated with the latest game patch 1.50.67 (February 21, 2019).

As always, if you do update the mod be sure to remove the old version!

Description

I got tired of my young doctor-in-training sim getting bad work performance because the only scored work actions available involved the need for a "real" doctor present, but they'd already left for the day to go play golf. And I have this vicious habit that when something annoys me enough, I either do something about it or ignore it completely and seethe. This time I did something.

EA was nice and had the forethought to ensure that, if there were no career doctor sims available at the hospital for you to play the doctor-in-training job levels, a "diagnoser" doctor would be made available. However, if that diagnoser left the lot for some reason, they weren't replaced.

This is a simple mod to add a "replace" action which occurs if the original diagnostician leaves (or dies slipping in one of those puddles the analysis machine leaves behind) so you can get on with your job if you absolutely must transfer a patient case or otherwise talk to the lazy bum.

Installation Instructions

Just unzip the package file to your Mods folder as usual.

This mod requires the Get To Work EP updated with the latest game patch (December 20, 2018 - version 1.48.94)

The bug will likely get fixed by EA one day at which point the mod can be removed. (Hey, we can dream, right?)

Resource Overrides

In the event of a conflicting mod, this package modifies only the situationJob_CareerDoctor_NPC_Doctor_diagnoser (S4_9C07855F_00000003_000000000001C61C) XML resource.

Additional Credits
  • Kuree and all the others at Sims4Group who have put together the S4PE tool