Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#51 Old 11th Feb 2023 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
I am now exploring each family to shot some views. I am very curious now why is caged room with bench into each hut?

New island with emergency bunker you added is great but I think takes domeneering place now over the whole archipelago. In my opnion it is too rocky and high.

I found a lot of mistakes in game I'll report tomorrow. The main ussue there are still a lot of characters with random generated names!

1. The caged room is for problem behaviours (when sims are aggressive and dangerous to themselves or others), putting the dog in the kennel as it were(wolf). It's purely a story element.
2. That island has actually been there from the beginning, nice to know I could hide it away so easily. To be honest I've had a hard time justifying the bunker, it feels out of place and doesn't have any connection to any of the families or rest of the atoll properties. it's initial intention has been usurped by the 'hospital' and the alien household anyway. at the very least I'll sink that island, if not outright remove it.
3. I look forward to seeing that, sorry to hear that. I'm not familiar enough with the language section of SimPE yet.
Thanks for all of your help.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#52 Old 11th Feb 2023 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
Your neighborhood looks amazing, I hope I can try it soon.

I wouldn't want to be you and have to fix those cat family trees xDDD

Putting the memories already seems insufferable to me... xD (Although it's so cool to look at them when you open a new neighborhood)

Thanks for the interest.
It's more the human trees that are a massive headache. I just had to overlap them didn't I?
The link in the first post is updated to the latest version I uploaded. (with the lots that @rb47798 requested) if you wish to see the madness that is this map, in all its mismatched detail.
Theorist
#53 Old 12th Feb 2023 at 9:23 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 12th Feb 2023 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Additionly
1. You put a lot of sense into your neighbourhood. I think there is no other way to share it but using neighbourhood stories. Like you shot pictures and describe the story behind. And I just found now I will do this most likely in my Trio Lake. I'll share it unpopulated but empty hood is also has story behind so thanks (to me) for the tip (for us both)

2. If you have no way to describe it, leave it like it is and others will do it themselves. I vote for bunker to stay. Other players will put story behind it if they would like to, or demolish it themselves. Again, you can write about it into stories if you have a way to describe.

3. You should have put English as the default, not just copy txt English strings to all languages. I remember from world made by Lordcrumps. I repeated that way in my Plathville then. And have no reports after that.

I am currently preparing neighbourhood story. I wish you would not to fix family trees until I finish.
Well now alerts about issues I found.
A) the island counters can not be placed leaning to walls. Sims can not clean the plates once they use such. I suggest you to place any clutter on it. Sims will sit on the high chairs but will not put plates right on the counter. I found that at Minister's residence.
B) Community Farms is stuck once you visit it with sims. After I sold it and then entered, I found the reason why. All the plants are crying and there is flooding around which leads to great CPU overload. This lot should be cleaned from flooding and plants should become normal.

That's all I have seen so far. Just to note Dean household is too huge. I tried to play them but found I can not put my attention to all of them. So I decided ok let it be, let Max and Demi be those lab rats who first die from starvation. I don't want cats and dogs there to die XD

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#54 Old 12th Feb 2023 at 9:17 PM
Not sure with names because there were not all available. But here is the Neighbourhood storyline written the way how I see that. Checked for mispells in word and for value using Google Translator neural machine.

I tried to be short. When based on household names there are one to three families per page written in comparisons. 8 pages in total.
Extract this into AT01 folder.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Storytelling for AT01.rar (1.26 MB, 8 downloads)

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Scholar
Original Poster
#55 Old 16th Feb 2023 at 9:31 AM
Not sure with names because there were not all available. But here is the Neighbourhood storyline written the way how I see that. Checked for mispells in word and for value using Google Translator neural machine.

I tried to be short. When based on household names there are one to three families per page written in comparisons. 8 pages in total.
Extract this into AT01 folder.

These are fantastic, thank you!
Scholar
Original Poster
#56 Old 19th Feb 2023 at 1:08 AM
neighbourhood updated with neighbourhood story and decreased height of large side island.
How do I ensure that the language is set correctly to English?
Theorist
#57 Old 20th Feb 2023 at 8:25 AM
You need to open in SimPE each AT01_User_..... file one by one from characters folder and hit this button in Catalog description
Screenshots

Scholar
Original Poster
#58 Old 23rd Feb 2023 at 7:29 AM
You need to open in SimPE each AT01_User_..... file one by one from characters folder and hit this button in Catalog description

Thanks, done all 231 Sims. File updated.
Forum Resident
#59 Old 25th Feb 2023 at 2:41 AM
The neighborhood looks very nice, the houses and the landscapes look impressive. The new texts and images suit very well.
Theorist
#60 Old 25th Feb 2023 at 1:01 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 25th Feb 2023 at 5:11 PM. Reason: Additionly
I had few time today and checked today the updated version.

Bad news - the neighborhood story didn't show up for me. I tried to copy from neighborhood where I wrote it and still it did not show up for me. Don't know the reason why. The neighbourhood story album comes up empty.
Atoll's Floating market is stuck when loading. I can not enter the buildmode and can not visit it with sims.

Good news - I hope everything else did show up. I like the shorelines and boats swimming in the ocean.
I also like a bunch of coastal empty lots. Especially the crashing site. The issue that most of objects there will not be mostly useful when placed on the slope. But idea itself is sweet.
The Old Fisherman's Hut is too blue for me but tastes could not be discussed. The shell itself is great. I'll make it fit to my tastes. I already repainted some your houses into tiki style. Fisherman's hut is just piece of cake.

Suggestion - leave the chain of new empty beach lots like they are now. This looks interesting offer for survival players. Like sims just suffered crashing and now should start barefoot.

Additionly - I had another 30 minutes of free time and explored the source of my previous questions. All wrong sim names looks now repaired. Well done.

Regards Vic

Scholar
Original Poster
#61 Old 25th Feb 2023 at 9:56 PM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 26th Feb 2023 at 4:22 AM.
1. Interesting. it is still working for me. Will drop the hood in my main game to see if it changes, so far it hasn't.
2. The floating market loads alright for me, both build and live modes.
3. the crash site is supposed to be a rubbish tip (i.e. a garbage dump), so the items aren't supposed to be used, because they're "broken"
4. Blueness reduced to outhouse only, different colour scheme applied to main shed.
5. The other lots will be left alone.

6. Container in Terminal was CFE'd, leaving a tv in mid-air. Fixed
7. Beach had become reset on Sidewinding Dock. Should be flat again. - edit, resets every time. removing beach lot flag moves water back by ten squares...
8. Minister's residence removed two side bars, transposed bar and seats.
Theorist
#62 Old 26th Feb 2023 at 8:38 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 26th Feb 2023 at 6:18 PM. Reason: Solved
Neighbourhood checker and Lot Cleaner did not help to fix Floating Market in any way. Downloads folder remove also didn't. Replacing the file from older version also did not. I give up. Community Farms work fine after you changed it, but Floating Market came up somehow corrupted. Usually I remove lots to another neighbourhood or try to replace it by packed copy. But this is the first time I feel totally worthless. Because I can not do anything I usually do. I'll wait for your new updated neighbourhood version. Maybe this will help.

Stucking is caused by this mod.

Scholar
Original Poster
#63 Old 27th Feb 2023 at 1:47 AM
Strange. Will test it when I have the chance, thanks for the update on what was causing it. perhaps I can find a way to solve it. the Market lot loaded before, on older versions?
Theorist
#64 Old 27th Feb 2023 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
Strange. Will test it when I have the chance, thanks for the update on what was causing it. perhaps I can find a way to solve it. the Market lot loaded before, on older versions?

Previous versions of your neighbourhood had the same stuck when loading Floating Market whereas this mod is in downloads folder. I checked. This is kinda confusing because all other lots looks fine.

Scholar
Original Poster
#65 Old 28th Feb 2023 at 4:53 AM
Here's in my game testing the lighting mod and it loads the floating market fine. You don't happen to have another lighting mod?
Screenshots
Theorist
#66 Old 28th Feb 2023 at 8:43 AM
Here's in my game testing the lighting mod and it loads the floating market fine. You don't happen to have another lighting mod?

Cinema Secrets by dreadpirate. Can't remember any other so far.

Scholar
Original Poster
#67 Old 1st Mar 2023 at 5:56 AM
Any other issues you've encountered? And thanks for all your help with my hood.
Theorist
#68 Old 11th Mar 2023 at 8:25 AM
Any other issues you've encountered? And thanks for all your help with my hood.

Oh, don't mention it. Thank you for careful listening. My suggestions sometimes are about tastes. Anyways I would like to see your not-so-blue fusherman's shack edition and can't wait for you to share it. I am glad other players can see neighbourhood story and can enter all lots. As for me. Let's pretend my game is ecceptional

I have no any news because I did not play much with your last neighbourhood. I count on the next and something miraclous to happen for lighting mod being fixed and neighbourhood storyline to appear. I hope it will gone the same way it miraclously happened.

Regards Vic

Scholar
Original Poster
#69 Old 12th Mar 2023 at 7:57 AM
Oh, don't mention it. Thank you for careful listening. My suggestions sometimes are about tastes. Anyways I would like to see your not-so-blue fusherman's shack edition and can't wait for you to share it. I am glad other players can see neighbourhood story and can enter all lots. As for me. Let's pretend my game is ecceptional

I have no any news because I did not play much with your last neighbourhood. I count on the next and something miraclous to happen for lighting mod being fixed and neighbourhood storyline to appear. I hope it will gone the same way it miraclously happened.

Regards Vic

Good news then, the lot has been updated along with minor memories additions to the sims. (toddler memories mainly)
Theorist
#70 Old 14th Mar 2023 at 9:03 AM
I will wait to hear from you.
Regards Vic

Scholar
Original Poster
#71 Old 18th Mar 2023 at 7:17 AM
File finally got updated in Simsfileshare, still link in first post.
Theorist
#72 Old 19th Mar 2023 at 5:13 PM
My issues remains in this new version of neighbourhood. I decided that my play with this neighbourhood will be postponed. I am not ready to delete or replace lighting mods from my game.

Scholar
Original Poster
#73 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 6:08 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 22nd Mar 2023 at 7:12 AM.
Sorry to hear that Victor.
To be clear the issue you are still having is that the lighting mod won't let you open the Atoll Floating Market. are there any new lots affected now, and is that your only problem?
Have you updated the mod and if so it is still occuring?
Theorist
#74 Old 31st Mar 2023 at 3:51 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 31st Mar 2023 at 8:02 PM. Reason: My mistake
Em. I just found another lot in neighbourhood I am building now which is also have the same issue.
Yes I updated jonasn's lighting mod. That's still not working.
My guessing is that issue is caused not by lighting mod but by load sequnce of two lighting mods. Feels like I have two lighting mods: jonasn's changing light sources behaviour and another one that changes sun light and somehow affects lighting sources as well.

Scholar
Original Poster
#75 Old 1st Apr 2023 at 7:51 AM
Sucks to hear you're still having that issue.
Page 3 of 4