Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bespoke Build Set

by Honeywell Posted 15th Jul 2018 at 4:10 AM - Updated 6th Jun 2022 at 11:11 AM by Honeywell : Added HW_bespokeRoofTrimAddOns

162 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 81 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 5 of 7
Theorist
Original Poster
#101 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 3:10 PM
Thank you @zizismommy I updated the note to add the doors too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#102 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 3:59 AM
Thanks so much for this beautiful houses.
Instructor
#103 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 4:14 PM
@Honeywell Is there a trick to placing the stairs, it tells me it "can't place top landing". Anyone know why?
Theorist
Original Poster
#104 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
@Honeywell Is there a trick to placing the stairs, it tells me it "can't place top landing". Anyone know why?

Have you tried placing them with move objects on? That's the only thing I can think to suggest and usually does the trick for me when stairs don't want to be placed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#105 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 9:55 PM
I love this, now my go to build set. Thanks so much
Instructor
#106 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 2:48 AM
@Honeywell I got the stairs to work, but I had to delete the wall around it first in order to place it. But I was also wondering if I am missing part of this download. I only have right corner pieces for the floor and roof edges no left corners.
Theorist
Original Poster
#107 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
@Honeywell I got the stairs to work, but I had to delete the wall around it first in order to place it. But I was also wondering if I am missing part of this download. I only have right corner pieces for the floor and roof edges no left corners.

I'm glad you found a way to get the stairs placed! The trim pieces do only have right corners and are a bit confusing - I should really do a video for them - but I did my best to explain how they work in these posts linked below. I hope they help.

Quote:
Use: Because the edge hiders attach to the top of the grid they fit any level: foundations walls and pools. (see example). There's instructions on how to cover all of the corners here.
Test Subject
#108 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 12:14 AM
The garage doors require nightlife, but if you go to SimPE, go to object data, go to all entries and change the Valid EP Flags and change from 0x0004 to 0x0001.
Forum Resident
#109 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 12:45 AM
I've also experienced a crashing issue with this set in my game. It seems to be the windows and/or doors in some permutation -- leaving in the posts, eaves, etc are all fine. I haven't done a full 50-50 approach, but I did try with just windows or just doors. Either way it still crashed, but it lasted a little longer (a Sim day) with just the windows in (which placed from the catalog with no problem, for the record). The crash normally occurs very, very early: while a family is trying to load, or when I go to the buy or build catalogs (but that might be coincidence).

I looked at the error logs generated, and they all point to:
Exception code: 0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION.

Current thread ID and Exception address vary -- I don't know enough about reading the log to know if those are just contingent on the particular household/hood/whatever or would reveal more information.

I don't know if that helps any, but I wanted to share what I'd got so far.
Theorist
Original Poster
#110 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 8:54 PM
Thank you for sharing, Tempscire. I don't have the first clue why some have an issue but I appreciate the information none the less. So far, you and Blockparty have reported random crashing with any of the set in and Carlah experienced crashing with the stairs & mailbox shelf in but taking those out fixed it for them. Googling your error code and knowing Blockparty's game was unstable and crashing after removing the set is making wonder if it's part of a memory problem - the set is huge. But like I said before, I just don't know.

If anyone else has (or had) an issue w/ the build set you're welcome to post so potential future downloaders have an idea of how common the reported crashing is. My impression is most are using the set without issue but if that's not the case I'd like to know.
Forum Resident
#111 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
...making wonder if it's part of a memory problem - the set is huge. But like I said before, I just don't know.

Maybe this is it (what a shame if this is the straw that breaks my game's back!). I plopped in fresh neighborhood templates, yanked my downloads folder, and booted up a new game with only this set for CC -- a-okay, no crashes at all. So definitely not something innate to your beautiful work, but some obnoxious and obscure bad interaction. Oh well. It was time for a fresh start, anyway. :p
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#112 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 12:38 AM
I had a problem on my laptop with this set in, however it was also blue screening without the game loaded, so I really believe it's the machine. It loaded on my desktop now and so far no issues. The only thing I've used yet is the mailbox recolors and the mailbox shelf. I've installed the houses, but haven't placed any yet. I'm loving the mailbox recolors though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 8:43 PM
That's an amazing set, can't wait to use it.
Instructor
#114 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 4:30 AM
I keep coming back hoping this set has been fixed, I guess not
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 4:39 PM
Hi ! It's me again, new feedback !
After months without using any Maxis door I used one for the first time and experienced a crash. It's some 1tile colonial door (I play in french so I don't have the name of it in english) that makes the game crash when I try to grab it to delete or move it. I can place it from the catalog, and Sims can use it, but trying to take it with the hand makes the game crash. After a very long 50/50 method, I found the guilty file, it's one of this set, more precisely this one : "HW_doorExterior_Single_1t_diagonal"
I don't mind removing it because it's "just" a diagonal. I don't know if you can fix it or not but at least you know

I share my CC here !
Theorist
Original Poster
#116 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 5:13 PM
Thank you xmathyx. I'm sorry you had to spend your time troubleshooting. That was fixed last year so a new file is already available for you if you want it: "You can delete and re-download the Bespoke Build Set for the fix or download the individual file from Sim File Share and allow it to overwrite the HW_doorExterior_Single-1t_diagonal package."
Instructor
#117 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 3:12 AM
@Honeywell I was wondering if it's possible to make roof trim pieces that can be placed on the edge of lot for rowhouses. I tried everything possible to use pieces, but nothing works. Greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#118 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 2:19 PM
@suzymarie64 No, I'm sorry. There needs to be the 2 tile buffer that the unmodded/adjusted lots have for these to work I can't change that.
Test Subject
#119 Old 3rd Nov 2019 at 1:52 PM
Hi Honeywell! I know it's been a few months since the last post, but I just downloaded this set last week. First and foremost, gorgeous set! I downloaded the lot package as well, I absolutely love all the funky colors and the cozy cottage styles. I am, however, devastated to say I am having similar crash issues to some of the other posters. I understand from reading through the posts that it's something you've tried to sort out, so you may no longer have any interest in further troubleshooting, and I don't expect a magic fix, but wanted to share my experience in case it sparks a "lightbulb" so to speak.

My game works perfectly fine without this set in it, but with it in it will crash within minutes or sometimes even seconds of live play, which isn't really anything new to report. It doesn't necessarily need to be a lot that uses any of this content, as I tested this out again on a completely Maxis lot and family.

I can enter a lot in build-mode from the neighborhood and work in it for a while until I try to use the eyedropper tool to pull something from the catalog, and then it crashes. Coincidentally this happened when I clicked on a table on two different lots (two completely different tables), so I thought it might be a bad surface object. But I removed the few of those out of the set and tried again and it still happened. Upon further boots and tests I found that it doesn't matter what I click on, it could be a couch or a stove, and it crashes. My game will work fine with all the Bespoke content in the game folder except for the doors and the windows, so all I can think is it must be something in there. I even tried the new copy of the diagonal exterior door that you have fixed and posted for download, and that doesn't fix my problem. For now I can run my game with the stairs and trim and such, but it's a bummer still because I only get to use the white color, since I'm guessing they pull their recolors from objects in the windows or the doors files?

Anyway, like I said I figured I would share my experience. I will have to sadly remove these from my game for now in order to play, but I am also pretty stubborn and I REALLY like these, so I will probably end up trying again after not too long, lol! Any suggestions at all, if any, are welcome and appreciated. And again thank you for your great work!
Theorist
Original Poster
#120 Old 3rd Nov 2019 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ox_eris_xo
For now I can run my game with the stairs and trim and such, but it's a bummer still because I only get to use the white color, since I'm guessing they pull their recolors from objects in the windows or the doors files?

I'm really sorry I don't have any suggestions for you (my best guess is it's a memory problem) but the recolors will work with just the trims. The master for the set is a stand alone file with no in game object. The stair recolors are just for the stairs.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 27th Dec 2019 at 4:16 AM
This set is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
Test Subject
#122 Old 5th May 2020 at 1:22 PM
Hi there!

This set is stunning - thank you! I realise this may no longer be monitored but thought I'd give a try.
Is it at all possible to place the 'floor edge' on a diagonal wall?

Thanks so much!
Theorist
Original Poster
#123 Old 5th May 2020 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cyndarellaa
Hi there!

This set is stunning - thank you! I realise this may no longer be monitored but thought I'd give a try.
Is it at all possible to place the 'floor edge' on a diagonal wall?

Thanks so much!

Hi cyndarellaa It's fiddly but with cheats you can place 2 floor edges and cover a diagonal. (boolProp snapObjectsToGrid and allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation) It's not ideal but I hope that helps.
Instructor
#124 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 9:18 PM
[IMG][/IMG] Love this set; I can hardly build a house anymore without using something from it. Just the other day I began trying the trim pieces, in particular the fascia. When trying to apply the fascia to the gable end of a Cape Cod house with 3 roof sections, joined into one, I get a blank space. The blank space is caused by the piece that should go there overlapping the piece next to it, closer to the peak. I have tried using an end piece instead. I suspect it is due to how the game "sees" roofs and roof extensions. See picture:
Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#125 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 3:10 AM
Hi rhiamom, that blank space should be filled with a middle section--which will overlap with other pieces most of the time but it won't extend past the peak. But I can see the top section (above the blank spot) isn't lining up with the other pieces and that shouldn't look like that. Which means it is turned around and applied backwards or all of the roof segments aren't exactly 45°. I can't be sure from your pic but I think The Peace Yellow Mountain Side and Stormy Cape from this lot pack both do what you're trying to do here if that might help.

If it doesn't help, take pictures of your entire roof and house and I'd be happy to recreate it and show you exactly what pieces you need to cover it.
Page 5 of 7