Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 3:57 PM Last edited by murfee : 5th Apr 2019 at 3:03 PM.
Default Help making double moons / twin moons, please? [The Saga Continues]
Hi again! (I clearly have no idea what I'm doing.) I'm having a bunch of problems, and nothing I do is fixing any of them. I'm ready to flip out.

1) The biggest problem is fixing/getting rid of the Moon Glow.
First I altered the default S3_00B2D882_00000000_8FCFACD62D0E3626_Sky_MoonHalo%%+_IMG.dds to make a double halo, to match the double moons, right? This is what happened:

I have no idea why they're off-center like that, since my dds images are perfectly aligned in the center.

So I said screw it! and decided to just delete the entire Sky_MoonHalo%%+_IMG.dds, since I noticed that a lot of alien moon mods don't have a glow anyways. Whatever.

Now I've got one huge halo.
My last thought is to make a totally transparent moon glow, and see if that does anything. *shrugs*

2) And what's with the big ugly black lines cutting through both of the moons?
It looks like there's a residual EA default full moon texture/shadow bleeding through almost?
Is there some other moon texture file I should know about? Or another INI?

3) And lastly, how do I make the moons bigger?
I know, stupid question -- pop open the 0x5E20253AF53E517F.ini file and change the MoonRadius = XYZ parameter to a higher number.
But that's what I did. I set it all the way to 800 -- 4x larger than EA's default 200.
I even changed the image dimensions from 256x256 to 512x512. No change.
I had to zoom all the way in on those pics, the moons are that tiny.

So, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I need a drink.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 4:48 PM
I could be wrong here, but I think some of the moon effects are linked to the ones from that one statue thingy that came with supernatural... if you know what I mean :P
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 5:17 PM Last edited by murfee : 20th Jan 2018 at 5:50 PM.
Something strange is going on for sure --

First thing I did was make the transparent moon glow dds.
Then I figured that maybe somehow my cloud mod was conflicting with this moon mod, so I uninstalled it.

I got this:

So, there's that -- my settings somewhere were effiing up the moon's size -- IDKY, since my cloud mod's moon parameters are set to 800 in the Ini file as well, but hey.
They're still too small though, so I'm gonna have to set it to something like 1000 or 1200.
And it looks like making the moon glow clear did the trick of getting rid of them -- yay.

But that horrid line cutting across the moons is still there, so I;m gonna have to investigate some more, cuz IDK wtf that is.

It's definitely something connected to the default full moon -- that's a perfect circle. Looks almost like a new moon is in front of it? But I didn't use the new moon's alpha channel -- I made a new one.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
I could be wrong here, but I think some of the moon effects are linked to the ones from that one statue thingy that came with supernatural... if you know what I mean :P

The Weather Stone.

I'll look into it, thanks! It's gotta be something from SN, yeah, since that's the EP that changed the moon. IDK what else could be going on. *scratches head*
Virtual gardener
#5 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 6:20 PM
Have you checked the alpha map on that one and made it black? I'll take a look myself on what is really affecting the moon too
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 6:20 PM Last edited by murfee : 20th Jan 2018 at 8:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Have you checked the alpha map on that one and made it black? I'll take a look myself on what is really affecting the moon too

I thought the exact same thing, cuz it's definitely some texture's alpha channel cutting in to the moons, for sure.

HOLD IT.
I'm digging in the FullBuild2 package -- I think there's an eclipse file going on.
S3_00B2D882_00000000_1B234CA9B1693ED4_eclipse_0x1b234ca9b1693ed4%%+_IMG.dds
*bated breath*

[EDIT] NOPE.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 11:16 PM Last edited by murfee : 20th Jan 2018 at 11:29 PM.
Yup, so I'm at a total loss.

I went slogging through the other Delta packages, and found that there's two different sets of Moon textures. So I swapped them all out, thinking maybe they both need to be changed. That did nothing either.

So I have no idea what else I can do to fix this. *sighs*

[EDIT]
Last idea I can think of is maybe squeezing the texture so it's inside the circle of where EA's default moon would go?
Like, maybe it's too close to the borders/edges.
I'd have to make the moon radius parameters even bigger, to like 1600, but as long as those lines go away I don't care.

[EDIT2]
I think I'm on to something....
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 12:45 AM
BOO YAAAA!!!!

Virtual gardener
#9 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 10:07 AM
Wooh! Awesome found! So I guess some default replacements need updating?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 1:09 PM
I hope to see people start making more moon replacements now, absolutely.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 1:31 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 2:57 PM
Necroposting my own post, cuz I hit a snafu in my latest attempt. (Beginner's luck is a wench, I tell you.)

I can't seem to get my new double moons to resize --
I tried it the basic way, of just making regular moon sizes and using the x4.5 moon resizer mod http://memeingfulcorndoge.tumblr.co...65/moonsizemods

When that didn't work I altered my INI file to make the size 1000, and even THAT didn't work.

What gives!?
Is it just me? (I thought it might be a conflict with lighting mods, so I uninstalled them, but nope -- still no change in size.)
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MurfeeL_Skyrim Messer and Secunda as Double Moons Mod V2.zip (303.5 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Virtual gardener
#13 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 6:23 PM
Hrm I would really just have a 'test' modding folder (I do the same thing :P) And have ONLY the moon packages in there, because I can't really see what might make it impossible to not resize
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 4:36 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna have to take everything out, cuz something's wrong.
Lord.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 4:52 PM
Are you testing this on a custom world or one of the EA worlds?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 5:07 PM
Sorry for the late reply -- a custom world -- but the same one I've been using to test the other moons I made. :\
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 7:22 PM
I was just wondering if there was something else imported to that world which is overriding your moon radius, such as a custom SkyCommon.ini. Anything in the world file would load after your mods and so override it.