Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 8:47 PM
Default Seasonal Tomb - didn't work as expected.
I have a tomb project looming up for a story I'm playing, and an idea had popped into my head - Hey! Why not make the tomb in seasonal sections!
The idea was a perpetually resetting tomb. That didn't work. I made a storage basement under the grocery RH for testing and while I got everything to function - even on different seasonal levels - nothing ever resets. On my shortened year of final playtesting, Summer came around for the second time and the statue in front of the bathroom door was still moved out of place. The only things that reset were the ones I had programmed to reset with a green area trigger at the exit. Cue super sad face.

So, if you want an extra complicated tomb with doors you can only unlock at certain times of the year, go for it! But it's still a one-time puzzle. Or a four time puzzle if you went the extra mile and made even the fog markers seasonal and such. But it does remember what state each season was left in and returns to that state in the next rotation of that season. Once the tomb is fully explored, that's it.
Just thought I'd put this out there for anyone who hadn't tried this yet.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 6:19 AM
I love the idea of that! I have a post about older tomb lots not working now.

I guess a solution to that is keep a copy in the library so it can be placed over and over as needed? I have one lot where I have 2 versions of it. One is for all year and one for Halloween. I swap the 2 in and out as needed.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 12:48 PM
This game hasn't been touched by EA in years. If tombs does not work it must be local. I mean when did you last test a tomb daisylee?

When it comes to skmt999's seasonal tomb. I'm puzzled it works at all. It must be so heavy and can't be very suitable for a hole world, storytelling is smaller I guess.

If you use 2 so heavy and modded depending features, I'm amazed they even work together.
Site Helper
#4 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 6:51 PM
There was a patch that broke tombs made before it. Even that maze in China to get the axe got broken by it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook