Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 7:25 PM
Default How to make a Glowing Effect For Clothing Using Gimp 2.0.
I found this tutorial one how to make objects glow but all the tutorials for them are only used with Photoshop and I can't afford such an expensive program, I do one Gimp however but I don't now how to make a proper light texture in it, can somebody tell me how to t link a Gimp tutorial on how to do it please?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 11:13 PM
You can make an emission map in GIMP the same way you make it in Photoshop - the RGB channels control the color and intensity of the glow while the alpha channel (transparency) controls the speed of the flashing. You just need the dds plugin for GIMP. You could also use Paint.net which is free and supports DDS natively.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 12:19 AM
Thank you for replying, is the perhaps a video or written tutorial no how to do that?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 1:15 PM
I'm considering writing one myself if I can get my glowing shoes working right.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I'm considering writing one myself if I can get my glowing shoes working right.

Thank you, I can't wait t see it!