Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 7:01 PM
Default Relationship tips, cheats or mods?
I was talking to a friend the other day and he brought up Sims 1, what led me to try and see if I could run it in my Win10 notebook. To my surprise it works, it's been working perfectly and I'm having tons of fun with it, missed a lot its shenanigans. It's common knowledge that Sims 1 is the hardest because of how quick the motives decay, but my issue is being another one: keeping friends.

It's completely ridiculous how the game works around these. I had my Sim with a friend on 52 come over so I could get it up a bit before the game considered those Sims weren't friends anymore, and got it to 55. Went to work. Came back a few hours later and the fucker is not my friend anymore and has a value of 50. Excuse me??? Whoever in the developing team thought that was a nice idea?

I've never used mods or CC for Sims 1, but are there any? Is there a workaround for this issue? It's been really stressful keeping friends since they randomly decide that interacting every day isn't enough lmao I know that inviting them Downtown and having dinner gets a nice boost, but I can't possibly do that with ALL of them.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 8:37 PM
I developed an overall gameplay strategy for this which prevented it from being a problem for very long. It does, however, involve establishing a specific routine and allows for little flexibility in gameplay, so you may not like it.

The basic strategy is simple: Sims take every third day off work. Since they have to miss two days of work to get fired, and get no weekends, a single day off periodically makes sense, and I found it to be essential to doing anything other than constantly scrambling to keep up. You use this day off primarily for relationship building: going out to community lots to meet sims, greeting passersby, throwing parties, and - most importantly - inviting sims over to visit. Once they had more than three friends, friendship level would determine who got invited - you arrange the relationship panel in order by relationship, and invite over the bottom three.

Why three? Because three is the maximum number of additional sims the active sim can sit in the hot tub with! Invite them over, feed them, sit in the hot tub for awhile with them, and the relationship is safe!

It is also helpful, with this strategy, to be a rotation player, because if the strategy is applied to every playable in the neighborhood, and other playables are preferentially chosen for friends, the sims you invite over together will be improving their relationship scores with the others at the same time they're improving them with you! So one visit helps all four sims build and maintain their friendships. Sims introduce their friends to each other, and self-maintaining circles of friends grow.

At the higher job levels, even with this strategy, it can be hard for single sims to maintain the required number of friendships, but if you have a spouse or roommate, and apply the strategy to each of them, you should find this element of the game much easier.

Which is not, of course the same thing as fun, and if you find the routine too stultifying it's no good to you. But perhaps thinking about what's wrong with this strategy will prompt you to think of ones that will work better for you. Have fun!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 8:37 PM
I would also add to what @Peni Griffin said the 'manipulation' of sorts of the Lifetime Relationship bar (if you have the Expansion Packs from Hot Date onwards). As you may have noticed, Sims have two Relationship bars: the top one indicates the 'Daily' Relationship (the one that dictates both sims kind of relationship), and the lower one, their 'Lifetime' Relationship (the cumulative Relationship built over time). Whenever two sims share a lot, their 'Lifetime' Relationship increases --while decreasing the 'Daily' Relationship. And even if they don't interact at all, the 'Lifetime' bar will periodically increase one point at the expense of two from the 'Daily' bar, until both reach the same point.

Confused already? This was made so building a Relationship is more difficult, but also can be used in our benefit; you see, the 'Lifetime' bar is always increasing until it reaches the 'Daily' bar, and from that point onwards, it takes more time to decrease both bars. So, you can concentrate on increasing the 'Lifetime' bar just making both characters share a lot and then let time pass in order to let the 'Lifetime' bar grow, since it stays longer (that is, spend time without keeping in contact with the other sim). When both bars have reached the same point, it's time to call again the friend of your sim.

It should also be noted that the higher the Relationship is, the longer it stays up, so if you make both sims have a 'Daily' Relationship of 70 or more, they will stay friends for a longer time.

Other strategies that are easier to keep track is inviting your sim's friend over and, instead of interacting with them, sharing a meal. The conversation tends to increase their relationship easier than trying different interactions. And if both of their job's timetables match up, you can invite the other sim in the morning, before work, so they will come in a better mood (or at least, that's what works for me).

Also, if that's how you want to play, Romantic Relationships last longer than Friendly ones, and also count to the overall number of friends of the family. Just saying XD

Good luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 4:39 AM
Thanks, guys! I actually had no idea the hot tubs worked like that, so Peni Griffin's suggestion is a great one! It's a bit limitating in regards of gameplay indeed, but I already had been doing something similar: went to work, skipped it the day after so I could work on relationships and whatever skill they had to have for a promotion, went to work, skipped it the day after, and so on. But it got me stuck to one Sim at a time, so I'll definitely try out yours. The rotation player thing is also nice, I befriended too many townies and now I'm paying the price. XD

Thanks ed95 as well for the explanation on how the bars work! I know what they represent since TS2 also had these when I first played it, and since it stuck with me the most of my time playing Sims, I remember what they're for; but I had no idea how they worked at all, and I understand perfectly what you were explaining Makin' Magic is my absolute fave EP from Sims 1, so I always get some Lovestruck and Make Friend under my sleeve. The only issue is casting them on Sims who own a wand, and my Sim has lots of friends from Magic Town.

Will try your tips right now, in fact~ Thanks again for the helpful advice! :D
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 1:48 PM
All the group socials work like that. The relationship mechanics don't pay any attention to a sim's status - active, inactive, playable, townie, social interactions increase and decrease the relationship all the same. If you want to build one-on-one relationships, chess is the greatest; for larger numbers, there's the hot tub, the campfire (up to six, but with the risk of fire), the parlor game, and eating together. I'm pretty sure the playground does the same thing for kids.The hot tub and chess also increase comfort scores, and of course chess increases logic, too. It pays to multitask.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th May 2019 at 9:30 PM
I don't understand either! they decay reaaaally fast
But I always make the food before calling anyone, bc when they come, they WILL be hungry, it's just a thing in the game. After they eat, their bladder will go low, so they will hit the toilet. Then you can try to entertain them in some way (Television, chess, hot tub, bubble bar) so their fun will go up, and just THEN socialize. I mean, it may have a less complicated way, but this is my strategy. Parties aren't always the best idea since they bring a lot of sims that your family don't know yet.
Theorist
#7 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missSunshine
I don't understand either! they decay reaaaally fast
But I always make the food before calling anyone, bc when they come, they WILL be hungry, it's just a thing in the game. After they eat, their bladder will go low, so they will hit the toilet. Then you can try to entertain them in some way (Television, chess, hot tub, bubble bar) so their fun will go up, and just THEN socialize. I mean, it may have a less complicated way, but this is my strategy. Parties aren't always the best idea since they bring a lot of sims that your family don't know yet.

Okaay. Does it mean there is no any way to hack sims relationships?
I have an issue to being engaged with one townie. I know that being married in Sims depends on mood. But guests are always come in everage mood is not enough for ask being merried. So I am making all you have mentioned and...the dusk falls and sim leaves. And so on. I have no any ideas how to make sims get merried. Do you know how?

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 6:34 PM
There's a set of things that need to happen for a proposal to be accepted. I used to follow a formula of sorts. The important things to remember are:

1. Your Sim must have a very good romantic relationship with the target sim. They must be able to passionately kiss the other sim.
2. The target sim will not accept a proposal if they are low on any of their needs. That includes hunger, bladder, social, entertainment, and fun. Energy can go somewhat low.
3. Proposals have to happen before sims have to leave (the bewitching hour).

Once the right kind of relationship has been established, do the following:

Figure out when the other sim is available. Do they work days or evenings? You can learn by inviting them over at different times.

Prepare a meal. Invite love interest over. They will arrive with a gift. Get rid of it (move_objects on). Talk to them a couple of times.

Let them eat and use the rest room. (Takes care of their hunger and bladder.)

Sit down on a comfy couch and invite them to watch tv with you. After a little time, try a passionate kiss. If that is accepted, try for a proposal. I would stay away from the hot tub only because it is difficult to get sims out of it.

- - - - - -- - -- - -- - - - -

It's also possible to propose after a night on the town. Make sure that you've fulfilled the relationship requirements. Make sure your sim's date has had the opportunity to eat, use the restroom, be entertained, and socialize with your sim. Then invite them over to your sim's house and quickly propose before they get too tired or claim it's late and time to go home.

Good luck and have fun!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Theorist
#9 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 9:42 PM
VerDeTerre, I can't believe this but your seduction tutorial is great. I just made all step by step and it works with one mention to make it before target sim will go to work. When I made it at evening afer he arrived after work, I had less time and sim watching TV quite a lot. I was already near to kill her before she got merried) Thank you!
Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 3:21 PM
Haha! That's awesome! You're welcome and you are so right - you have to pay attention to the clock. Glad it all worked out for you.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.