Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2019 at 3:08 AM
Default Annoyance-reducing mods
If something exists that's the equivalent of the "concentrate" command from Macrotastics for TS2, I really, really want it for TS4. (The "concentrate" command makes sims keep doing what they were doing until the player cancels the action or until the sim enters a need desperation.) My sim keeps cancelling watching the cooking channel to play on his phone or dance or stretch, etc. Actually, I guess he was trying to play on his phone while watching TV but he needs to not do that. And far worse, yesterday he tried to cancel making mac and cheese three times!!! to grab a plate of fruitcake. I haven't seen a fire yet in TS4 but walking away while you're cooking was how you started fires in TS2.

I also want way to automatically not wash hands if the next queued item is a bath or shower. I have this mod for TS2 and it's a lifesaver.

Also, way to make locked wants actually stay locked, if that's even possible? I've had them unlock and re-roll just because the sim went to a new lot.

And some way to force wild plants in parts of the world I don't visit often to actually grow/mature/produce fruit?? It's kind of immersion-breaking to pop over to the library and find the wild plants there are still just spouting after more than a week when the ones next to my house have gone through several harvest cycles.

And not annoyance-reducing, just me being curious but I'd love some sort of census tool (like the Sim Blender or Sim Manipulator or MATY's Census Tool for TS2) that allows me to see some statistics of who lives in the world, what ages and genders, etc.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th May 2019 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
If something exists that's the equivalent of the "concentrate" command from Macrotastics for TS2, I really, really want it for TS4. (The "concentrate" command makes sims keep doing what they were doing until the player cancels the action or until the sim enters a need desperation.) My sim keeps cancelling watching the cooking channel to play on his phone or dance or stretch, etc. Actually, I guess he was trying to play on his phone while watching TV but he needs to not do that. And far worse, yesterday he tried to cancel making mac and cheese three times!!! to grab a plate of fruitcake. I haven't seen a fire yet in TS4 but walking away while you're cooking was how you started fires in TS2.

I also want way to automatically not wash hands if the next queued item is a bath or shower. I have this mod for TS2 and it's a lifesaver.

Also, way to make locked wants actually stay locked, if that's even possible? I've had them unlock and re-roll just because the sim went to a new lot.

And some way to force wild plants in parts of the world I don't visit often to actually grow/mature/produce fruit?? It's kind of immersion-breaking to pop over to the library and find the wild plants there are still just spouting after more than a week when the ones next to my house have gone through several harvest cycles.

And not annoyance-reducing, just me being curious but I'd love some sort of census tool (like the Sim Blender or Sim Manipulator or MATY's Census Tool for TS2) that allows me to see some statistics of who lives in the world, what ages and genders, etc.

1) you can simply disable the autonomy for the selected sim (or the entire household, you choose) via Game Options > Gameplay
2) I want that too.. I cancel this myself, Or sending them to shower first before I send them to the toilet. I didn't see any related mods around.
3) This could be a bug as I don't remember whims getting canceled while switching between lots. maybe report it and it will get fixed at some point?
4) You can cheats the plants growth status if you want.. you need to turn the debug cheats on using MCCC for that
MCCC > MCCC Settings > Notification / Console / Menu Settings > Console Command Settings > Debug Commands in Cheats
then when shift clicking on a plant you can change it's growth status. (other than that I don't recall any mod that does that automatically)
5) There's a mod that allows you to search trough all of the sims in your save by age/gender/traits etc.. is that what you're after? if so:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=576053
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th May 2019 at 10:26 PM
Thanks so much; you're always so helpful!

1) I think I'll have to look closer at the MCCC settings and see if if can help with the "canceling actions to do stupid things" issue. I don't want to turn off autonomy entirely; I like my sims to be able to chat with friends while watching TV or eating and things like that.

3) Maybe it is a bug. I noticed if I went to "edit world" and came back everything had reset and I figured that was fair (though annoying) but having the wants refresh when he just traveled the the library seemed overkill.

4) Thank you SO much for the info about the plants; I want to go into the game and go wild now!! :D

5) I just want a button I can click to get it to spit out a list of how many male/female/gay/strait/toddler/elder/pregnant/unemployed/dead/homeless sims are currently in the world. If that doesn't exist, I suppose I can deal. But I miss it! (That mod does look useful, though.)