Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 1:42 AM
Default WCIF>Mod to stop Sims fro getting up to wash dishes
Hi there, my current household is overstuffed and has a maid. Whenever a meal is served, as soon as the sims are done they all grab their plate and any unattended plate and all crowd around my single dishwasher to wash their dishes.
This leaves me with the tedious task of going to each and every sim and canceling their clean up action, but they still carry all these dishes and litter every counter in my kitchen.

I have tried queuing them up to do something else, it seldom if ever works, and the only other thing I can do is have them cancel their eating when they are just at the full point to prevent the action from triggering, but I'd really like to just have them stop this obnoxious behavior.

I did find one on here, but it looks like it doesn't work anymore.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 6:50 AM
Maybe this? http://modthesims.info/d/356614/no-...sh-washing.html
Unless this is the one that doesn't work for you?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 7:58 AM
Just give them all the slob trait and they will never wash the dishes ever again
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 8:09 AM
I don't know any player who isn't annoyed by that behavior. Although I usually find that if I cancel the action once it appears but before they push their chairs back and stand up to pick up their empty plates, then they drop the action before doing anything with it.

Am pretty sure the autonomous action could be disabled using NRaas Retuner, but one effect would be that the maid (and sims with the Neat trait) wouldn't be able to wash the dishes either. The other is that such tuning is not selective, so any sims actually animated anywhere in the world also won't do their own dishes which will lead to a strange and mysterious disease caused by dish-spawned bacteria that will wipe out the entire population...okay, I'm just making that up, but there will likely be a lot of messy tables and bad moodlets stemming from them all over the place.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I don't know any player who isn't annoyed by that behavior. Although I usually find that if I cancel the action once it appears but before they push their chairs back and stand up to pick up their empty plates, then they drop the action before doing anything with it.

Am pretty sure the autonomous action could be disabled using NRaas Retuner, but one effect would be that the maid (and sims with the Neat trait) wouldn't be able to wash the dishes either. The other is that such tuning is not selective, so any sims actually animated anywhere in the world also won't do their own dishes which will lead to a strange and mysterious disease caused by dish-spawned bacteria that will wipe out the entire population...okay, I'm just making that up, but there will likely be a lot of messy tables and bad moodlets stemming from them all over the place.

@KatyFernlily It seems that mod is a little out of date unfortunately.

@igazor Thanks for the laugh! I think I'd be fine with this as long as I can direct another sim to wash the dishes. Do the nraas clean up mods delete dirty dishes on active lots? Sometimes I'll find error logs about destroyed objects being deleted, and see plates in there occasionally.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LemonyLin
@KatyFernlily It seems that mod is a little out of date unfortunately.

@igazor Thanks for the laugh! I think I'd be fine with this as long as I can direct another sim to wash the dishes. Do the nraas clean up mods delete dirty dishes on active lots? Sometimes I'll find error logs about destroyed objects being deleted, and see plates in there occasionally.

The MasterController Clean All command might do it on demand (MC Cheats module required), on a lot by lot basis. The ones caught by ErrorTrap would be shards of data left over from already deleted plates, not real plates themselves, as the mod does data trash collection that the game fails to do for itself.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 7:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The MasterController Clean All command might do it on demand (MC Cheats module required), on a lot by lot basis. The ones caught by ErrorTrap would be shards of data left over from already deleted plates, not real plates themselves, as the mod does data trash collection that the game fails to do for itself.

That's really interesting, thanks for the information!