Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

True Reflective Floors - Updated

by Morphead Posted 19th Jan 2011 at 6:36 PM - Updated 12th Mar 2013 at 11:13 PM by Morphead

319 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 114 Feedback Posts, 204 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 4 of 13
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 8:40 AM
i love you best! thank for you much
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator THANKS POST
#77 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 1:15 PM
great work you did here. And I do agree if it would be possible to reduce the reflection that that would be great. Thanks for shearing with us
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
THANKS POST
#78 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 1:52 PM
Wonderful and these will look beautiful! I'm glad you did the less shiny version - outstanding work.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#79 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 2:07 PM
I don't remember if i left a comment or not

LOVE YOU FOREVER.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 2:18 PM
LOVE!!!!!! just a quick question....would it cause a problem if I had both the high and low gloss in my game at the same time?? Thank YOU
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 6:30 PM
Genius!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#82 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 6:37 PM
Yayayayayays! I loved these in my Sims 2. Thank you and great job! =D
Test Subject
#83 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 7:47 PM
Why can i not find these in-game? I've looked all over create a style with no luck. Help?

(yes i have placed the package in my documents/mods folder)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 8:06 PM Last edited by Ashaminnie : 23rd Jan 2011 at 8:08 PM. Reason: typo
So I used these in my game and noticed that if I scroll out to far, the floors get all splotchy and starts to flicker. Did I do something wrong with them? I placed them in my Mods folder and used CAST to get the floor the way I wanted it.

Up close, the floors look amazing, but zoomed out, it's a bunch of splotchy, flickering black spots
Test Subject
#85 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ashaminnie
So I used these in my game and noticed that if I scroll out to far, the floors get all splotchy and starts to flicker. Did I do something wrong with them? I placed them in my Mods folder and used CAST to get the floor the way I wanted it.

Up close, the floors look amazing, but zoomed out, it's a bunch of splotchy, flickering black spots

Murano's do the same thing.....maybe it's something to do with having a castable mirror instead of a shiny transparancy....? I will just remove them for overhead shots.

PS.....LOVE the way they have NO seams
Test Subject
#86 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 2:48 PM
Its a nice mod but dont really understand why my reflections are totally black and some are grey?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#87 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 10:25 PM
I already download this from the Sim supply Thank you so much for this I going to abuse the hell out of this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 11:24 PM
how do u get these to work i keep geting black reflections it not reflecting the floor pattern at all
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smexyfulpanda
how do u get these to work i keep geting black reflections it not reflecting the floor pattern at all

They are not see-thru. You have to select them with the CAST design tool and then choose a pattern.

Imagine they are rugs. Still put a regular (cheap) floor down. Then put down your "shiny rugs" and then CAST them.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 1:26 PM
OMG! OMG! OMG! Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 9:36 PM
where did you get the laptop?
Test Subject
#92 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 2:30 PM
When I try to download the files I get package files which don't show up in my game and I don't have a program to open them. Any advice? I really want them!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 7:37 PM
Thak you, is beautiful.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#94 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 11:14 PM
These are great, Sadly I won't be downloading right now because my 2 month old Nvidia GTX 460 died on me the day before yesterday. $240 for 2 months of beautiful smooth edges and high reflections oh well, Got my money back. Once I've gotten a newer bigger better card I'll be certain to add these to my game because they are awesome.

MissCat: You do not open package files you put them in your (Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims 3\Mods\Packages) folder

http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...3_Package_Files
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 1:29 AM
Those floors look gorgeous! Thanks for the mod, time to put my computer to the test. =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 5:37 AM
Thank you so much! I missed having these in my houses since I stopped playing Sims 2.
Test Subject
#97 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissCat
When I try to download the files I get package files which don't show up in my game and I don't have a program to open them. Any advice? I really want them!

to open them you have to download WinRAR, IZArc or a similar program, with that program you can extract them to the right place
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 6:44 AM
I can't find them in the game? They should be under flooring right? What section?
Instructor
#99 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tougaard
Now all i need is mirrors on my ceiling and my pimp room is ready.

http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=359.0

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Test Subject
#100 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eduardog3000
how about see through floors that you can see the level below (even if it is a basement)

I found rugs that work like that here;

http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=353.0

(I hope it's ok to link to this and I wouldn't have done it if I hadn't tested them.)
--------------------------
And now to the topic at hand, these "floors" are fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing! I can't wait to test them ingame!
Page 4 of 13