Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2023 at 11:57 PM
Default Custom heads?
Pleasure you all, I'm Shiro and I am a game modder.

So I am curious on how porting custom heads for TS3 work, I've done that for TS4 with not much difficulty( A Few Zootopia character heads, hands, tail and feet ),

but I have no idea how to do it for TS3, I know weight painting and using Blender. but not much idea on how to mod TS3, things like Cut Numbers, etcetera.

Any help would be appreciated!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 19th Jun 2023 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShiroHusko
Pleasure you all, I'm Shiro and I am a game modder.

So I am curious on how porting custom heads for TS3 work, I've done that for TS4 with not much difficulty( A Few Zootopia character heads, hands, tail and feet ),

but I have no idea how to do it for TS3, I know weight painting and using Blender. but not much idea on how to mod TS3, things like Cut Numbers, etcetera.

Any help would be appreciated!

It is not my thing, but others have uploaded"anthro" heads and other things here... https://modthesims.info/downloads.p...ort=0&fbf=0&u=0

Perhaps open the packages to see what was done?
Instructor
#3 Old 19th Jun 2023 at 2:14 AM
It looks like all of the existing anthro uploads are made with extreme slider manipulation, rather than a mesh the sims are wearing to have those heads.

If you don't mind them being unanimated, you could look into tutorials on TS3 accessory creation and accessory hats that use custom hat sliders. That way, sims could wear these heads like masks basically.
TS3 doesn't have cut numbers because hat chops don't exist in this version of the game.

If they're capable of morphing with the face in TS4, that would be quite advanced to replicate.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2023 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
It looks like all of the existing anthro uploads are made with extreme slider manipulation, rather than a mesh the sims are wearing to have those heads.

If you don't mind them being unanimated, you could look into tutorials on TS3 accessory creation and accessory hats that use custom hat sliders. That way, sims could wear these heads like masks basically.
TS3 doesn't have cut numbers because hat chops don't exist in this version of the game.

If they're capable of morphing with the face in TS4, that would be quite advanced to replicate.

I mean I've found this mod here that might have not completely used slider manipulation. I might to a little investigating to see how it is done:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=645647