Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 11:08 AM
Default Sorry if wrong place. But growing increasing worried 1
I got a brand new laptop for christmas after nagging my mum for about a year before hand all for playing the sims 3! then the date of the release changed to right in between my exams soo now i have to wait until the 18th to get my game or i will fail my exams. Anyhow long story short i am getting really worried that the game wont run on my laptop or that if it does it will look like pacman or something.
Here are my specs :

Manufacter:HP
Model: HP pavilion dv5 Notebook Pc
Processor:Amd turion(tm)x2 Dual-core Mobile Rm-72 2.10ghz
Memory ram :3.00GB( could go up once i delete the sims 2 and expanisons)
System type:32-bit operating system

Vista service pack 1

Ok i know that people will think i am being lazy but i have checked myself and think it will work fine but now i am getting worried by people who say they have brand new gaming laptops it wont work on.

Just wanna prepare myself if it isnt going to work. And prepare for being murdered by my mum for making her get me a laptop that it wont work on. Thanks for any replies !!
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 1:01 PM
That computer does not handle heat well at all, and there are numerous reports of overheating coming out of owners of that notebook who play games. If you're going to do anything graphically intensive on that laptop, I HIGHLY recommend investing in a notebook cooler. Not all notebook coolers are created equal. Some make no difference from elevating a laptop on a wire cookie cooling rack (which you can do to help some), and some actually make things worse. These are really good ones: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=nc2000&x=0&y=0

You haven't said what graphics you have. That computer comes with several graphics options. Depending on which you have, the game may not work well or at all. Sorry, but that really was not the right laptop to buy if you planned on playing games HP has a 30 day return policy if you would like to get something more suitable.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 1:36 PM
see i asked the guy to give me the best one for playing games on and he said this one its a ati radeon graphics card :ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 Graphics. It was at christmas so i guess that aint going to happen lol
shiny!
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:12 PM
You gotta be really careful with sales people. They often give bad advice. Either they don't know any better and/or they just want to make a sale. Unfortunately, the 3450 is a weak entry level card that was never intended to be a gamer's choice. There are people with much stronger cards reporting less than ideal experience. The 3450 isn't even the strongest card offered for the dv5z.. You must have gotten that at Best Buy or Walmart or something like that because HP would have told you to get the 4650. That card is also from the previous generation that HP offered on the computer - 3450 isn't even offered anymore. They now have newer and stronger options.

You can try to play. It meets requirements, but you are going to want to turn down settings and if things start crashing stop playing right away. Get the cooler too.

Since this has been answered, I'm going to lock. Sorry.. there's just nothing else to be done.