Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 11:20 AM Last edited by losail27 : 30th Aug 2019 at 12:05 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Mods probably conflicting?
Hello! I've been having a new problem with my game since yestarday. When I open any family in any town the game runs smoothly but sometime between 1am and 3 am it freezes. More specifically the plumbobs, the plants and the sea move but I can't click on anything, the clock gets stuck, the sims won't move and I can't move the camera around. I think that Master Controller Expanded Tattoo and Master Controller Integration are kind of conficting? Is there a way to fix it by keeping both of these mods? I've made sure they're both updated.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 12:06 PM
This also happens to me, but it usually goes back to normal after a few seconds or a minute. Before 1 or 3 am try putting the game back to speed 1, that usually makes it less worse for me.

And I don't think integration and expanded tattoos conflict, but lets wait for Igazor to confirm that for us.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 4:49 PM
MC Expanded Tattoo conflicts with CmarNYC's core mod version of the same thing, as part of her XCAS mods. If the player wants both MC and XCAS generally, they have to do tattoos one way or the other. But no, our mods do not conflict with themselves. Unlike let's say Overwatch or StoryProgression, MasterController and its modules don't actually "do" anything at specific times of day when the player is not actively invoking their commands. It's a player command center.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 7:21 PM Last edited by losail27 : 30th Aug 2019 at 7:55 PM.
Thank you everyone for your answers.

I don't have CmarNYC mod for tattoos. Only Master Controller Expanded Tattoo.
I reseted my town before posting this thread but the same thing happened. I'm going to reset it again and see how that goes.

EDIT: Still not working!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 8:46 PM
Backing up here a moment, if you do not have the special version of Cmar's Tattoo Locations file meant especially for MC users loaded in along with MC Extended Tattoo, then the MC Tattoo module will not work. That shouldn't cause your game to freeze up at 2am, it's that tattoos won't function as expected because the additional locations will not be defined.
https://www.nraas.net/community/dow...ocations_V2.zip

Or you could try taking MC Tattoo out entirely as a test to see if that makes things better on the overnight game performance.

When you speak of resetting the world, hopefully these are MC Resets (run from City Hall), not the testingcheats resetsim * kind?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 6:46 PM
After running my game a few time and testing all of my mods I figured out that this lag happens only when I'm using Master Controller. I made sure it's up to date and I try running my game with only MC in my Mods file and the same thing happened!

@igazor: Yep, I used MC to reset the world.

@nitromon: I mentioned it because I find it quite weird. Ι don't have Consort's age mod or height mod and so far I haven't experienced a problem with Overwatch.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Now when you say only when you use MC... did you test with no mods except MC? Otherwise you may have mods that conflict with MC, which means it is not MC that is causing it, but the conflict of MC with another mod. I think this is more probably b/c whatever mod it is has automated functions around that time period.

Yes. I tried running the game with all no mods except MC and it froze. It works fine everytime I'm not using MC at all which I find very weird because I never had a problem with MC before.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 10:22 PM
Are we talking about the MC base mod only, or MC plus the MC Tattoo module still (and possibly without the tattoo location file I mentioned and linked to above)?

If ErrorTrap is put into play, does it kick up any interesting script errors in the overnight hours that we should be seeing and helping to interpret at NRaas?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Are we talking about the MC base mod only, or MC plus the MC Tattoo module still (and possibly without the tattoo location file I mentioned and linked to above)?

If ErrorTrap is put into play, does it kick up any interesting script errors in the overnight hours that we should be seeing and helping to interpret at NRaas?

Just the base mod! I looked for ErrorTrap scripts but didn't find anything.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 8:14 AM
Afraid I'm stumped then. I've never heard of the MC base mod alone being the apparent trigger for a reproducible problem at a specific sim time like that. As nitromon said, it by itself has no automated timed functions. There may be something left behind somewhere in this world/ongoing save if it has been played for a long time and over that time mods have gone in and out of it that is just not getting along with MC although I have no idea what that could be.

You may want to bring this question to us at NRaas to see if our developer has any thoughts about what might be causing this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 1:50 PM
I think it's my save too.
I played with no mods for a while and saved my game after 3 am and I tried playing with mods afterwards and it's running fine so far.

Thank you everyone for your help!