Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 12:23 PM Last edited by LashtonIsReal : 6th Sep 2019 at 2:43 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Non-Default Skin To Default - how?
Hello!
I looked through the forum and couldn't find really what I needed, I even googled the question but it only came up with solutions for sims 3 and 4.

So, I downloaded Imperfection skin - part one and two by SleepyTabby. I downloaded both, non defaults and defaults. Everything works and it shows up in the game. But the only thing tht bothers me is that the 3rd default skin is too dark. I want to put the other non default skin from the Imperfection collection as a default one. How do I do it? Please help and thank you
(if Body shop is needed then I'm doomed because mine doesn't work.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 4:29 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Sep 2019 at 6:27 PM.
You only need SimPE for this
(it is possible to use Bodyshop to extract the skins, and there's less guesswork involved, but Bodyshop also occasionally makes the texture quality go down when cloning projects)

1: Extract all the textures from the skin you want to use (all the ages and both genders need replacing, or you'll end up with strange genetics)
(Click the TXTR resource in the Resource Tree, Resource View and make sure Plugin View is selected below. Then click "export" and save the texture. Do this for all the textures).

2: Open the default file you want to change (or copy the file and work from the copy)

3: Use DXT3 or 5 to replace the textures
(Can't remember where the MTS tutorial on DXT is, but had a couple on my site: How to install DDS utilities and how to use, step 4-6)

4: Commit changes, save file.

5: OPTIONAL: Compress file with The Compressorizer (beause files with a lot of textures are big).

6: Test ingame (it is quicker to test toddler and up in Bodyshop, including the fat states)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You only need SimPE for this
(it is possible to use Bodyshop to extract the skins, and there's less guesswork involved, but Bodyshop also occasionally makes the texture quality go down when cloning projects)

1: Extract all the textures from the skin you want to use (all the ages and both genders need replacing, or you'll end up with strange genetics)
(Click the TXTR resource in the Resource Tree, Resource View and make sure Plugin View is selected below. Then click "export" and save the texture. Do this for all the textures).

2: Open the default file you want to change (or copy the file and work from the copy)

3: Use DXT3 or 5 to replace the textures
(Can't remember where the MTS tutorial on DXT is, but had a couple on my site: How to install DDS utilities and how to use, step 4-6)

4: Commit changes, save file.

5: OPTIONAL: Compress file with The Compressorizer (beause files with a lot of textures are big).

6: Test ingame (you can test toddler and up in Bodyshop)

Thanks a bunch!