Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 2:25 AM
Default "The game failed to load."
After the last update I now get the error:

I deactivated mods and the game worked fine, so then I took each one out individually and still got the error message. I updated two of my major mods; MCC and UI cheats and then took out Slice of Life entirely and I can't get it to work, even despite the updates. I already deleted the cache, is there any way around this?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 6:56 PM
Delete the resource file in your mods folder and move your entire Mods folder to your desktop. Delete cache and restart the game, open a family...just don't save it. (back up your save files first) Then you can move the contents of your mod folder back in, delete cache again and restart. This worked for me! Good luck
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 2:54 PM
I have tried this and I'm still getting the error.
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Oct 2019 at 12:36 PM
Same issue. Any ideas?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 25th Oct 2019 at 3:20 PM Last edited by chicvibe : 25th Oct 2019 at 3:23 PM. Reason: more words
in the example above: in addition to the game failing to load, there is a last exception which is telling you a script mod is not working. You have to carefully go through the steps to fix.

delete your cache file - remove all mods out of the document folder, and put them somewhere safe on your computer. You may also want to put your save file in a different space for now. Repair your game and run it with no mods folder. Does it work? great - check options to run script mods, then slowly add mods in, starting with mccc. Make sure when you add script files you add both the .package and .ts4script file pairs together.

in addition to what genvictoria said, you may need to update some mods - but you have to do the work to avoid the frustration. Even if you do get it to work, the orange error box regarding last exceptions will keep popping up until you fix. It is worthwhile to fix this so that the game functions properly.