Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 11:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [Castaway Stories] Neighborhood Decoration Regenerating
Hey!
So, about 2 days ago, I dug up my Sims Castaways Stories disc and thought it'd be great to play through it again. And so, I have.
After finishing the main story, I hopped onto Mootilda's guide how to add more lots to the island, and I managed to successfully duplicate Chief's Hut as another lot, and moved Highland Station from Wanmami Island. Since there was a lot of trees and other things on the lots in neighborhood view, obviously I removed them. However... since adding lots in Castaway isn't so easy, and it requires a lot of opening and closing the game, I quickly noticed that all the trees and other decorations were back in their original place. I got the idea "Oh, maybe I just forgot to save?". So, I tried, but every time I open the game after (re)moving all the trees and whatnot, they all appear back where they originally were.
I've tested this on Wanmami island by removing the crashed ship in front of the Beginner's Landing lot, and to my surprise it was gone the next time I opened the game.

Unrelated but, do the Stories spinoffs have their own forum for game glitches? Or have I overlooked it..?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 5:18 AM
Can't help with the problem, sorry, but there is a Stories forum. https://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=674
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iamnobody1111
I quickly noticed that all the trees and other decorations were back in their original place. I got the idea "Oh, maybe I just forgot to save?". So, I tried, but every time I open the game after (re)moving all the trees and whatnot, they all appear back where they originally were.
I've tested this on Wanmami island by removing the crashed ship in front of the Beginner's Landing lot, and to my surprise it was gone the next time I opened the game.

Unrelated but, do the Stories spinoffs have their own forum for game glitches? Or have I overlooked it..?

Okay, so you need to close SimPE if you want to edit in game objects. Othervise, they won't be saved.
And I did some tutorials in my native languages how to add residential and community lots in Castaway Staries. So here is a link to my thread: http://www.modthesims.info/m/showth...428#post5555428
You can ask me anything if you want