Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 3:40 PM
Default Change objects shape.
So I have managed to figure out how to change colors of objects. I even managed to figure out how to swap skins from one objects to another and warp them to fit the new object. However is there a way to modify the shape of an object? For example One of the bars has an actual bar near the toe kick. I want to remove it. However just removing the skin leaves you with a black empty space. I'm sure I can figure it out if someone points me in the right direction. I recently submitted a recolor of the bar I am talking about. It's still waiting to be approved. However there is more I want to do to it other then recolor it. I'm sure it's difficult to do however I really want to learn. One step at a time. I'd like to eventually learn how to interact with objects and to create animations. However at the moment I want to learn how to make custom objects and how to change\tweek the 3 dimensional aspect of them. Any reading materials to study up on this or programs I can download and play with would be great and very much appreciated.
Advertisement
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 8:25 PM
Once it comes to object creation and modeling, everything is possible. To your question yes it is possible. And to be able to do that you should be able to work with 3d modeling tools. There is milkshake 3d software. You can try it for sometime but costs you to have a full version. You can also use Blender which is a free 3d modeling software.

I would suggest that you get these softwares and have a feel of what they can do. After all practice makes perfect.

There are also nice tutorials for beginners that can get you started.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 11:13 PM
Thanks for the info! I already downloaded blender. I wasn't sure what exactly it was used for. I'll do some more research on how it works. At the moment I've been playing around with gimp and sims 4 studio. I've finally gotten the hang of it and wanted to move on to the next step. Wish me luck!