Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 3:54 AM
Default CAS face preset
Does anyone know how to create a Face preset that results in the base head model without any modifications?

Quick explanation - I'm working on a custom head model that uses head, eye, eye lid, and jaw bones. The ability to move things around in CAS is making it impossible to line everything up. The one that's most noticeable is how the user can slide the eyes around. From what I've seen the only way to zero out the eye position is using a Face preset. Maybe it's not possible, but I've been unable to get TS4 MorphMaker to generate a Face preset.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 2:48 PM
I think if you made a CAS preset that contains only an empty sculpt and put it in the Forehead region that MIGHT do it. (The FullFace region presets turned out to be a different structure and I'll have to remove that choice from MorphMaker.) But the user could still modify the face of course. The other thing to try that might be more effective if it works is a CAS part - probably an accessory like an earring or skin details or whatever - or your replacement head itself if you're making it as a CAS part - with the Exclude Modifiers set to exclude all the head and face morphs. If you're using CAS Tools just look for Exclude Modifiers in the lower right corner of the General CAS Part Properties tab and check them all. In S4S go into the Warehouse, select the CASP, look for ExcludeModifierRegionFlags, and fill in 0x000000000000177F. Hopefully that'll do what you want.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 3:30 PM
That explains why I couldn't get FullFace to show up. Making an empty sculpt was the first thing I tried. It does reset the eye shape to default but user positioning of the eyes is still in play. ExcludeModifierRegionFlags ignores all modifiers, including eye position. I had a hunch that might be what I needed but couldn't find any binary value charts that explained what each value excluded, so thank you! With all these different options I should be able to get this to work.

If anyone is curious as to what I'm doing then here's a wall-o-text. The problem is that my custom model has eyelids that are open wider than a human so they don't rotate enough when blinking or sleeping to close fully. My plan was to model the eyelids out further in front of the eyeball so the bone would effect those verts more (the further away from the rotation origin the more movement you get). Then I could use MorphMaker to push the eyelid bone back into the head deeper thus letting the eyelid lay correctly on the eyeball while retaining it's greater amount of movement. This worked but the user positioning of the eyes was throwing everything off. The mixture that ended up working is to disable eye modifiers with ExcludeModifierRegionFlags, this resets any user eye positioning or scaling. Then move the eyelid bone by adding the bone delta to a sculpt (adding the bone delta to sim modifier didn't work because of ExcludeModifierRegionFlags).