Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2019 at 5:47 PM
Default Is it possible to temporarily prevent a Sim from being interacted with?
I have an idea for a different life-state, and in order for it to work, I'd have to prohibit the majority of interactions, sort of the way ghosts can only scare or possess. I wouldn't want to overwrite every single pie menu though. Is there a way to do it?
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 7:50 PM
I'm not sure I follow as it sounds like you are asking for two different things: Bob cannot talk to "New Life State" Jim versus "New Life State" Jim can only perform certain interactions.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 10:42 PM
I'm asking if there's a good way to prevent a Sim from using the standard pie menus. For example, the bird is a Sim - an NPC, but other Sims can't talk to it, and it can't talk to other Sims. But I want to have that sort of function for playable Sims, without overwriting every pie menu to say "Return False if Sim has this token." I'm not really sure if that helps?
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 4:07 PM
Adding the check for the token to the global 'Sim - Interaction Eligible?' will knobble 99% of sim to sim interactions.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 7:29 PM