Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 9:59 AM Last edited by Nought : 10th Aug 2019 at 3:20 PM.
Any pointers for making traits or aspirations?
Hello,
I want to try making a trait and maybe an aspiration. The mod constructor had a nice help that explains it a bit, but still, I don't know where to actually start with the code. I know very basic python, but that's about it. Are there example files of custom traits that I could look into, or should I maybe search through the official code, but again, where to start there?

Also I read that traits are usually permanent but could also be temporary, but is there a way to give a sim a new permanent trait through an in-game event? I don't think I've seen it other than by aging, but it should be possible, yes?

Edit, I can look at the sim 4 files now, I can't find the files that specify or define a certain trait or aspiration though, just the general trait or aspiration class.