Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 1:57 AM
Default Moving Community Lots without Corruption?
I'm not the biggest fan of building community lots from scratch. I typically take lots that already exist and transform them to suit my needs.

What I want to do is move some preexisting community lots I have modified to the bin so I can move them to different subhoods. For example, I want the 50s diner in both my downtown and my University's subhood.

I have already sent Sims to this lot. If I move it into the bin and then put it in two locations in my Pleasantview, will this cause corruption?

Is there a way to transfer lots between neighborhoods or subhoods without corruption?

Thanks
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 2:42 AM
Well you can clean the lot if you want it sparkly. Link to my tutorial. I recommend using CH add on. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 2:41 AM
Did that corrupt all the neighborhoods before you guys came up with a way to clean the lots? Which ones would be definitely safe to use and attach as subhoods without having to clean all the lots or create them from scratch?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 4:58 AM
Obviously you can't move Sims but I never heard of community lots causing corruption. For goodness sake... Seems like everything in Sims 2 causes neighborhood corruption.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 6:14 AM
Community lots can spawn NPC's in build mode while saving. One time I came back to a build to find a hairdresser and another time a bartender. I've also seen fountains run. If you see nothing like that while building it's probably fine. But played ones should be and most definitely owned ones need cleaning. It's kind of like dirt, it adds up overtime.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 12:58 PM
Would the method of copying lots outlined here cause problems? I used it to make a copy of The House Of Fallen Leaves because the original one refused to package and I spent way too long fixing the basement to be functional and didn't fancy doing it for every Downtown.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 1:05 PM
The few Maxis lots that we looked at last year had tons of sim references, certainly all the bin lots did, so you might want to check it out in SimPE first as I would suspect that lot will do so too.
if you check out my tutorial under the spoiler you will see a typical Maxis lot in simPE.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 1:33 PM
Oooh yep, tons of references. A whopping 730 SRELs. OH WELL! Thankfully the only copy I put down was in the same hood, so at least they're references to sims that exist.
ETA: Ran it through the Lot Compressor, now it's better. Lots of UNKs though. Might... just delete those.
Scholar
#9 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Lots of UNKs though. Might... just delete those.

No don't delete them, UNK just means unknown to SimPE but the game knows what they are.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 5:12 PM
I left them alone in the end, but it's good to have confirmation they're fine, thank you.
Alchemist
#11 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 5:23 PM
Honestly, for my own use, I don't worry about this. I reno community lots and put them in the bin all the time. If I want to be a bit more careful (besides all the cleaning mentioned above) what I have done is grab the lot, not from my vanilla game, but from Jawusa's clean empty hoods, since she already did a lot of this, then clean again if I still feel it's needed, and I do always remind myself that, AFAIK, we really don't KNOW that sim references cause any corruption.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 6:25 PM
Yeah, I'm not too worried, I've been plopping down madeover and downloaded lots in this hood for years now with no problems that I can see and I'm not about to go "oh well, time to start all over again!" If there's any problems in the future, I'll do what I can, I'll just make sure I clean any new lots I get. But House Of Fallen Leaves is such a weird lot to start with and that was the only way I could get a copy of it, that I just wanted to double check.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 7:09 PM
Yeah, I'm not too worried, I've been plopping down madeover and downloaded lots in this hood for years now with no problems that I can see and I'm not about to go "oh well, time to start all over again!" If there's any problems in the future, I'll do what I can, I'll just make sure I clean any new lots I get. But House Of Fallen Leaves is such a weird lot to start with and that was the only way I could get a copy of it, that I just wanted to double check.

And that is funny considering that my neighborhoods become (have been playing custom neighborhoods) corrupted after playing two or three families even without doing that
Alchemist
#14 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 8:14 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 14th Sep 2019 at 8:51 PM.

House of Fallen Leaves is a good example of one I'd take from Jawusa's non-default clean and empty downtown. I don't know for sure that it's better, but I figure it's a safer bet.

EDIT: Since we're on this. I have two lots, House of Fallen Trees and the Cozy Kitten one that both appear clean and safe to reno, but they do both still have butterflies on them.... I am not really worried about the butterflies, but is there a controller that could be deleted from these lots without going live on them? Or... what would you guys do?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 11:42 PM
I don't do anything about butterflies I believe they are harmless.

We can only take what we feel are reasonable precautions. Some think sim references are fine others like myself think they are risky. Using Chris's add on takes only a few minutes, it isn't a long involved process so I think that's safest.

~Call me Jo~