Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 2:16 AM
Default Animate objects for CAW?
So, how complicated / involved (from a programming perspective) would it be to animate an existing object in CAW? Like the animated train?

I have the business jet that Graham converted from the Sims 2 airport set (Criquette, I think?) and I'm building an airport in the world I'm working on. I got to thinking about the train and wondering if there was a way I could animate the business jet to periodically land and take off (basically moving in a straight line forward for a set distance, then rising and tilting as it ascends until it eventually disappears. I've never seen any kind of discussion about doing anything like this, but I have seen more recent worlds with custom animated objects (the bridge in Boroughsburgh, for example) so I was just curious. If someone knows, would you be willing to teach me / coach me through doing it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 10:45 PM
I think for starters, animated objects either need to be animated on their own (i.e. like the wind turbine, or the clock), or be an effect (like the train effect).

I don't think people have been able to do either.