Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 6:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (Origin) Crashes
I have Windows 10 running on Intel Core 17 with Nvidia RTX 2070. I just recently installed the new graphics cards as I've been running my old 760 for years. Now suddenly the game would crash after loading or whenever I try to load a neighborhood.

I've fresh installed the game, and it still did the same thing. I've read somewhere on Leefish forum that newer graphic cards may not run the game. Is it my graphic card?

The one time I managed to load into a neighborhood, almost everything was flashing pink/purple.

This didn't happen with my 760 even with the windows 10. I've already used the Graphic Rules maker and ran the games on all the different compatibility modes to see if it works.

Unfortunately, it didn't. Any help?

I really want to play the game as I've been away for over a year.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 9:05 PM
Watch video, try everything in it, and tell us how it went: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641

The RTX cards seem to be a bit iffy when it comes to TS2 (even the GTX 1000-series seem to be a bit hit-and-miss, I'm having more than enough trouble with my 1070 card) so there aren't any guarantees. The game is 15 years old now, and it was never meant to run on jet fuel...

Win10 also has some issues, particularly concerning an update that may or may not mess with 32-bit games. This one is also a bit hi-and-miss. Some people run the game beautifully while others get issues with crashing and pink-flashing.

If the 760 still works, the game may be a lot more comfortable running on this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Watch video, try everything in it, and tell us how it went: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641

The RTX cards seem to be a bit iffy when it comes to TS2 (even the GTX 1000-series seem to be a bit hit-and-miss, I'm having more than enough trouble with my 1070 card) so there aren't any guarantees. The game is 15 years old now, and it was never meant to run on jet fuel...

Win10 also has some issues, particularly concerning an update that may or may not mess with 32-bit games. This one is also a bit hi-and-miss. Some people run the game beautifully while others get issues with crashing and pink-flashing.

If the 760 still works, the game may be a lot more comfortable running on this.

Thank you for the help. I tried most of the steps, no luck. It managed to load the neighborhood but everything still flashes.

So I swap back to my old card. It works so far. Therefore, I'm gonna sell my RTX and buy a GTX 960 or 1060 instead. Do you think 1060 is too powerful?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 11:33 PM
I had the flashing neighborhood issue in the beginning, too.

I had to do some edits to the GraphicRules and VideoCard files before my game worked. Have you tried this? It is possible the game doesn't recognize the card and tries to use the onboard graphics.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I had the flashing neighborhood issue in the beginning, too.

I had to do some edits to the GraphicRules and VideoCard files before my game worked. Have you tried this? It is possible the game doesn't recognize the card and tries to use the onboard graphics.

I used Graphic Rules Maker, in the beginning, to make sure the game recognized it. It did, which was why it was able to run and load the neighborhood. but it continues to flash pink/purple and would crash.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 6:31 AM
Check my post in the crashing thread. I've gotten this to be stable with a 2080 with an unorthodox approach. https://modthesims.info/showthread....379#post5569379