Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2019 at 7:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bigger Thumbnails in Catalog?
Hello, I really hope this is the right place to ask, I was wondering if there is a way to make the thumbnails/preview pictures in the buy/build/Hood catalog bigger? I've tried with different screen resolutions but I'm still just squinting till my head hurts.
I recently saw the Chris Hatch mod for more columns in CAS which made me wonder if that is possible then what else is?
Is there any possibility for a mod like that? Does it maybe even exist already?
I'd be so grateful for any help here!!!
Greetings,
Lucy
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Sep 2019 at 7:29 PM
I don't know of any mod (yet) that will do this. If you play in full-screen mode, you could try lowering the game's resolution a bit. This will make everything appear larger though, not just the game catalog.
Alchemist
#3 Old 10th Sep 2019 at 7:49 PM
a moderator might move the thread if it is in the wrong section.

like another poster told, game's resolution setting affects size of thumbnails and of anything else. lower resolution, bigger thumbnail; higher resolution, smaller thumbnail.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 7:18 AM
Thank you for your quick answer. I tried lowest resolution, don't even mind that the rest is getting bigger too but I still think they are very small. The ones in bodyshop/Cas are so much better sized!
I really wish someone could make a mod like that
Alchemist
#5 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 8:11 PM
not entirely sure, but the thumbnail sizes outside of bodyshop/CAS might be part of the source code.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 11:10 AM
I just saw this post about a hidden graphics control panel in the sims game, any change that this could help with the thumbnails?
Forum Resident
#7 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 2:44 PM
I have no experience with that hidden panel, just posting to provide context for the issue.

Thumbnails are actually only small because we now play on screens with much higher resolution than when the game was released/designed. When I first started playing, the machine I loaded the game on was a rather old desktop that still ran WinXP and had only recently even gotten a (not large) flatscreen instead of CRT display. On that system, thumbnails were all very comfortably sized and easy to see, whether in game or in Bodyshop. It wasn't until I started playing on modern gaming laptops, with of course better screens, that the thumbnails became so much smaller in the game.

I believe it's due to a similar issue (that many of us play on modern systems with better resolution) that sometimes the UI hides too much of the screen in CAS.

That all said, it would be cool if this were adjustable; I believe there've been mods made to fix the screen obstruction in CAS, so perhaps!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/