Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 3:56 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Dead not losing flags or something??
I first noticed something was up in my game when Tri Var Greek house recognized having two more members than it has - I believe it still recognizes Tiffany and Heather even though they died in a fire.

Next, Nina Caliente couldn't get engaged or go steady with townie. She and Daniel Pleasant had been engaged before his death and this is the first time she's been serious about anyone since.

I am not even sure how to test this to determine what's wrong as removing all my mods to see if the problem will go away or repeats itself isn't possible without causing havoc in my hood.

Any ideas what's going on?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 4:25 AM
I don't know what the issues are, but you can make a copy of your game folder and experiment removing mods from the copy so you don't harm the one you play.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I don't know what the issues are, but you can make a copy of your game folder and experiment removing mods from the copy so you don't harm the one you play.

Thank you! I will give it a try.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 3:48 PM
Coriel, when you say that Nina "couldn't," if the issue is that she doesn't have the pie-menu option to get engaged or go steady, then that's likely because of a longstanding game bug: romantic partnerships (engagement, marriage...likely it also affects going steady) are still considered in effect for any living sim whose partner dies. You can fix this easily in game, using the batbox (= FFS Debugger, over on MATY [second item in my signature]). The menu option you want is "Dead Romances," and if it's not on the object's "Nuke" submenu, then it's on the "Fix" one.

However, if Nina does show the pie-menu options needed but something weird happens when you select one, then it might be a mod conflict that you'd want to do a 50-50 for.

Your Tri-Var issue is likely separate, so not to worry that these couple of things together mean your 'hood is doomed or anything! Sorry I don't have any thoughts about it other than the ones you got from the Random Questions thread, though.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 6:30 PM
I will try that option with the bat box.

The option of going steady wasn't coming up. Now that I used simBlender to make them dating, the get engaged option is available again.

Nina is an elder. I did a quick check on an adult couple and the options were there. Maybe I will have to test with elders instead.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 6:42 PM
Hey, @Coriel_Muroz ---I've not been around much, and I realized I had not followed up on this issue of yours.

Now that I read your original question again, one thing I think we all missed is that you were looking to have Nina go steady with the other person, and (I assume) get engaged after that.

In an unmodded game, only teenagers can go steady. However, a MATY-associated creator, syberspunk, made the most commonly used stand-alone mod to enable adults to be able to Go Steady, here. So if you don't have that or a similar mod, it's normal for none of your adults or elders to be able to Go Steady.

So if you're usually able to see the Go Steady option on your adults, I'm guessing you either already have that mod or that you perhaps use Inteen, which I believe also includes going steady for at least adults. I don't know whether Inteen also enables elders to Go Steady or not; I believe but am not completely sure that syberspunk's version does (been a while since I had two elders I wanted to commit; you could read through that thread I linked or read his documentation to confirm). So it's also possible that Nina couldn't go steady because your mod that enables going steady doesn't enable it for elders.

Back to the glitchy dead-romance thing, which I still think is more important: I suspect that if you used the Blender to allow Nina to date the other sim, that's already removed the commitment to Daniel that the game thought meant she couldn't get engaged to anyone else---which also would support that the dead-romances thing was the problem preventing Nina from having the engagement option.

So hopefully you haven't already put a lot of effort into testing elders vs. adults---because it's very likely the issue doesn't have anything to do with age stage. A better test would be to find or make another sim, preferably an adult or YA, whose former partner has died. If they also can't get engaged to a new sim, then you've proven that it's not an elder thing and that it's the dead-romances bug. And if they *can*, then possibly Go Steady just isn't enabled for elders in your game by your mod that *is* allowing it for adults.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/