Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 3:06 AM
What do you know about california?
Well, based on what comes up when i search for colleges with the majors i want, i'm moving to cali, all the way across the country. what can any of you tell me about the LA-Anaheim area?

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Advertisement
Zombie Socks
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 3:12 AM
I lived there when I was wee, but I don't remember much. The weather was nice, though. Remember that although colleges have the majors you want, they might not be the ones that are the BEST in that area.

Graphics, amiright? *grin*

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 3:40 AM
Right-o.

Yeah, understood, but how am I supposed to study if it doesn't have my major?

Zombie Socks
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 5:25 PM
Sure RUIN my good advice with logic whydontcha!?! *pouts*

Have you tried talking to your local career/college counseler? (probably not spelled right, too tired to care)

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Typical
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 5:30 PM
I think the s is a c in counceler (even that's not spelled properly. probably).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 11:26 PM
"counselor"

You guys need to learn how to right click on a word for spelling corrections :D

Anyway, back to so-cal. I'm used to the large flat sprawl, seeing as I live in the DC area and the whole thing is basically one giant city. DC basically ate dulles and herndon. It'll just be the scale of the sprawl, and probably gangs I'm not used to.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st May 2009 at 11:46 PM
Just remember, If you use to much water, tyou could get a fine. Were currently having a drought in Cal
Zombie Socks
#8 Old 1st May 2009 at 11:59 PM
Oh, god. I think... my mind... just... imploded.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd May 2009 at 5:00 AM
If it's california, there's a drought.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 2nd May 2009 at 6:57 PM
Typical
#11 Old 2nd May 2009 at 7:06 PM
*Dribbles at site of california* Damn you people who saw that *waves fists*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd May 2009 at 11:36 PM

Saying there's a drought in cali is like saying there's a tree in a forest, you have to have one to have the other.

Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd May 2009 at 11:48 PM
not neccesarily. what about the concrete jungle?
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#14 Old 3rd May 2009 at 12:02 AM
I can tell you that you don't want to breathe the air or drink the water. Also, beware of the Death Fog. At night, all the pollution settles, creating a deadly acid fog that can strip the flesh from your bones in minutes, starting from the inside out, especially if you ignore the advice on NOT BREATHING THE AIR. Gas masks and hazmat suits are recommended attire.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 3rd May 2009 at 12:21 AM
Cali's nothing like that
Zombie Socks
#16 Old 3rd May 2009 at 12:33 AM
You're right. Cali's nothing like that. Now Texas, Texas is EXACTLY like that. Just change Death Fog to mosquitos and you've pretty much summed it up nicely.

Mad Poster
#17 Old 3rd May 2009 at 1:33 AM
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 2:17 AM
I live in SOCAL so its really sunny most of the time, especially Anaheim, ORange is relatively clean, especially Irvine and Newport BEach, which are really nice cities... Its really green there to but not as green as like northern Cali, its definitely not a drought, unless you go to San Diego

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Scholar
#19 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 8:22 PM
Anaheim will be full of people when you get closer to the tourist months. Disneyland. Compared to where I live (country, forests, open rolling hills, etc.) the air in the big cities is like trying to breathe pure pollution. Well, not that bad, but close. There is a higher crime/death ratio, but if you stay out of the "bad" areas, then it's fine. That and there's a bigger chance of being hit by a car, or run over by a man with a stroller (I almost did get run over in Cali. By the guy with the stroller, not the car)

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 11:07 PM
Irvine and MIssion Viejo are ranked 1 and 2 for safest cities in the world, its really nice there

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V