Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2010 at 6:48 PM Last edited by SirDrake : 10th May 2010 at 6:16 AM.
Question about Q-mesh and Milkshape
I am following this really nice tutorial from Base1980 Here

Milkshape tells me "unable to locate bone file , default skeleton used" each time i import a "base" file

Then it throws an adult skeleton there lol , should i ignore that?

I am using the default unimesh plugins from Milkshape 1.8.5 i believe they are up to date?. I use Qmesh Sims 3 geom importer V0.16.

Ty in advance and sorry to bother

My Wings are broken....my hands bleed...
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 10th May 2010 at 12:59 AM
You have to extract the appropriate .skcon file and put it in the same directory with the .simgeom file, or all you will ever get is the default skeleton, because the data for the bone positions is not in the GEOM file. I know Postal can extract all the needed files, and I think Delphy's CTU tool will also extract them. Besides the immediate need for the BONE file, you will also need the texture files to finish up your creation. The importer was only designed to manage the mesh data, not the whole content creation process.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2010 at 1:50 AM Last edited by SirDrake : 10th May 2010 at 4:14 AM.
Ty a lot WesHowe i am following every single tutorial to start moding again for now i only want to extract the meshes due to "the bumpmap twilight files" ,only supported with meshes for now (hehe i even went to the wiki).

And yes i am using Delphi's CTU and Postal , you guys and girls are realy genious , i will try and get in shape to contribute with some Sims 3 stuff. The textures thingy was pretty easy even easier than TS2 thx to Delphy's CTU until i went to add bumpmaps lol

And sorry for to ask too much i hope to upload stuff soon :lovestruc

EDIT: ok found a really easy way to add the bumpmap , extract the meshes with Delphy's CTU then reimport the same meshes , give them a name and add the bumpmap lol! yaaay done and done in a nooby way!

By the way case closed ty a lot WesHowe! but worry not because something is telling me that i will be back with more questions soon

My Wings are broken....my hands bleed...