Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 9:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Having issues with collecting every gem
For a while now I've been collecting all the different kinds of gems and cutting them all into a different shape. And I only have one more gem to collect. I have used the NRaas mod so that I can speed up the process of ensuring that I don't have any duplicates. That I only have a particular kind of gem cut into a particular shape once. But the problem is that I don't have an uncut fluorite gem. And if I were to try using a mod to uncut a cut gem, it doesn't display the correct colour for the fluorite gem. It's a problem that I've been having when uncutting already cut gems, or even moving Sims and households via the family and the lots and houses bins. The correct texture isn't preserved. And there's no way to fix it. So I have to obtain an uncut fluorite gem from scratch. I can't even remember how I got it the last time. I've researched on the Internet and I know that you can get the fluorite gem by breaking stone sculptures - but I've been trying that and my Sims either manage to build a stone sculpture without breaking it, or they break it and it's not the fluorite gem but another kind of gem, or it's not gem but metal - and according to research, it's possible to get it by breaking space rock blocks. I've been trying both methods but without luck. I was hoping there would be some way to make obtaining an uncut fluorite gem faster and easier.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 5:45 AM
Ah.... the joys of gem collecting. You could get a dog... or even a werewolf! Other than that, I usually get them from the time machine or the drilling device super fast. But the board breaker really should throw it at you eventually as well

omnis mundi creatura
Site Helper
#3 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 4:36 PM
Lucky and Gatherer seem to help.

If you don't mind cheating, you could try http://www.modthesims.info/d/383093...-with-1-67.html

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 11:47 PM
I downloaded the mod, but I'm having trouble trying to install it.
Site Helper
#5 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 7:22 PM
I don't remember why I took it out of my game. I thought it was because I didn't have enough self control not to fill the entire lot with gems and then not sell them, but it might have been that it came out while I was doing a binary search to find a problem bit of CC and then I couldn't put it back.

(I actually did that in a 50x50 lot with a 3 story house with 5 basement layers. I had the entire lot filled with gems, which I then collected and put either on shelves or in a chest. It got so laggy that I had to revert to a previous save. And then I did it again a few days later, just to confirm that too much inventory is a problem...)

If you can't get it to work, I apologize for mentioning it. I can't help with that.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 6:49 AM
Damn. I really needed a fast way to get a Fluorite Gem. Seems like I won't be able to get it before the patriarch and matriarch of my Sim's household die. That is if I do get it. I probably will eventually.
Site Helper
#7 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 4:58 PM
If you have Supernatural, there are a couple of things you might try.
1. Create (and move in) a werewolf with Lucky, and Gatherer traits. Cheat to max out the werewolf hidden skill. Now keep the werewolf constantly hunting for gems. (If you can turn a few others into werewolves as well, and hunt with a pack, it might help more.)

2. Have an explosion of "street-corner alchemists" where every appropriate community lot has a counter with an alchemy register. Alchemy registers seem to be more reliable than the regular consignment stores about selling gems, although sometimes it's in the form of gem powder. (And they don't close.) You might also have some "black market" venders with relic registers, since they sometimes sell gems. Don't forget to keep checking the consignment shop (if you have Ambitions) as well. With the proliferation of stores that might have one, it becomes a bit more likely that you will find one.

(And the consignment store also sometimes sells drillers and time machines, which are another source.)

Or you can get a sim to keep exploring the catacombs in the mausoleum. If you use your board breaker, they can explore the catacombs, shower, then start breaking boards until they get fatigued and have to go make the rounds of the various stores. And they can consign their finds at the shop while they are there so they don't need a job.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 11:08 PM
I know it has been 2 months, but one of my Sims acquired an uncut Fluorite gem with the Sculpting Station last night. And about time too.
Site Helper
#9 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 5:24 PM
Congratulations!!!!

Are the patriarch and matriarch still alive (ambrosia meals, etc.) or is it their ghosts who are having the celebration of finding the last gem?