Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 7:32 PM Last edited by varpunen : 5th Dec 2018 at 8:56 PM.
Default Problem with file types - trying to recolor (solved)
Hi all. I've been trying to recolor a bikini top and bottom with my own patterns but for some reason the rest of the simmies body turns white. I realised that this was due to the fact that the file type was saved as png and saving it that way turns the transparent areas to white. I kinda already suspected that after doing a lot of recoloring for the sims 3 but did it that way anyway because some of the first tutorials I read in the net told me to save it as png. Okay, so I went back to read more tutorials and some of them said to save the file as dds. Now that sounded more right to me, except... Sims4Studio doesn't see my dds files. They are saved as DXT5 (interpolated alpha) + generate mip maps but still no. Oh, and I'm using Paint.Net. Ideas?

EDIT: Solved. After several error messages I restarted all the programs and now the Sims4Studio finally offered me the option the import files in dds format.