Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 11:48 PM Last edited by just4friendssims : 2nd Feb 2019 at 12:16 AM.
What are the limitations on what can and cannot be modded?
Hello everyone, I am interested in learning a programming language and have narrowed down my options to learning either Python or C#, I'd love to create mods/scripts for the sims 4 but have no idea of what is possible. All the tutorials and mods I found involve minor changes and tweaks.

Is it possible to create a new item with new interactions and custom animations that did not previously exist in the game? can you mod random in-game events that can potentially change a sims aspirations, and personality traits? a new neighborhood? what are the most advanced mods created for the game so far?

Thanks, everyone! I apologize if this is not the correct place to post this. Its been a very long time since I was last on this site.

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 10:15 AM
As far as I know, all the building tools, actual wall meshes etc, are off limits for modding.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 10:12 PM
You can do part of it with the tuning xml files, custom animations, new interactions, new events if you have the enough experience, it depends on your experience level and your creativity to obtain what you want. You have to fool sometimes the game, that is via xml files but with python you can create more core mods, but I don't know anything about it.