Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 12:20 AM Last edited by jordihs : 4th Feb 2019 at 1:37 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED] Sims falling through floor
I hope I post everything as it should be, but I'm having a problem that's annoying me a lot. I have my couple of Sims going on vacation on Twikkii Island, everything just fine. The problem is, I tried to go to a community lot, but I can't. They just won't stop falling throught the floor, and apparently doing so cancels any action. So I have this Sim here stuck and I can't do anything because she just keeps falling through the ground. I searched for existing forums or solutions to this, but I haven't found the exact problem I'm having here. I tried restarting the Sim, restarting the game, anything. Nothing works.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg  Screenshot.jpg (1.03 MB, 59 downloads)
Description: My Sim falling through ground
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 2:36 AM
That's really weird. Is the lot you're on a beach lot? The game might think they're swimming for some reason. That's the only time I've ever seen sims in the floor like that
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 5:18 AM
We've seen that when a lot resets. Something is glitched? Have you tried turning testing cheats on before loading the lot to see if it says anything.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 11:09 AM
Are you using this mod? ("Autonomous ocean swimming depending on season, temperature, personality, etc." by Lamare)

I and a few other people who tried it got exactly the symptoms that you describe - sims dropping into the floor and swimming around that way. I really liked that mod, but I had to remove it because my game became un-playable with it in.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Are you using this mod? ("Autonomous ocean swimming depending on season, temperature, personality, etc." by Lamare)

I and a few other people who tried it got exactly the symptoms that you describe - sims dropping into the floor and swimming around that way. I really liked that mod, but I had to remove it because my game became un-playable with it in.

I am! I actually didn't thought about it. Right now my sims aren't on vacation, but I'm gonna make them go again on vacation so I can test if it was that mod
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jordihs
I am! I actually didn't thought about it. Right now my sims aren't on vacation, but I'm gonna make them go again on vacation so I can test if it was that mod

Yep, it was that mod. I removed it from my Download folder and it solved my problem. Thank you all for you help! :lovestruc
Theorist
#7 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 5:37 PM
There are two versions of that mod, which version are those having problems with? Do you also have Inge's GetInSeaPatch. because those two conflict. Just asking because I do have Inge's in my zip files but somehow missed Lamare's. Is it possible it needs Cyjon's that does checks? I'm by no means a 'fixer', just wondering so I don't mix up files eventually.

I read more on her post, she has UC, do you guys have it too? I have it, but have no clue if it's any different than the disks. I asked if problems were fixed, they said no, but it does have the maxis/ea updates.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 6:17 PM
I removed Inge's GetInSeaPatch because I had a different problem with that one - the game would slow to a crawl because the non-controllable sims had trouble pathfinding their way to the ocean. I never did understand why. Surely it couldn't be that difficult, even on the Maxis beach lots, to find their way down the beach into the water. One reason I was interested in Lamare's mod was because I hoped it would not have the same problem. I don't remember whether I tried both versions of Lamare's mod. There are two possible workarounds mentioned in the comments, but they sound like they may not work for everybody.
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
So I was able to recreate the situation. Kind of. In my little experiment, I pulled out one sim and reseted it. Then all the sims that were swimming at that time errored out and started swim-walking. I don't know why messing with one sim affects all the swimmers, but it does -- I checked twice. I don't know how it might have happened in your game. There may be other ways to trigger this, I just have no idea what they might be.
Since locomotion didn't fix itself, I fixed swim-walkers by selling them in buy mode with moveobjects on. They were all tourists, by the way. After a few minutes, they all got back to hotel right as rain. If buy mode isn't working, you can delete sims by forcing error -> delete. Be carefull with selling playables though. When I deleted all controllable sims in hotel, I lost access to live mode and had to delete vacation destination in order to load home lot and regain control of the family.
So far, I haven't found any clues to how and *if* my mod may be causing this glitch. If I find out anything new, I'll post it.

Quote: Originally posted by whatsername128
Directing the sims to get in the ocean for a swim, then cancelling as soon as they get into the water does seem to temporarily fix it, but upon reloading the lot it starts all over again
Theorist
#9 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 6:43 PM
Did you also use this one? Also recommended: You might like gummilutt's mods: Seasonal pool autonomy changes and Hygiene gain from swimming

Still, I know nothing about fixes, just asking to see what any of you tried, or didn't. I'm still not even playing until I finish redoing all my download files. I had this downloaded, and just now got the updated one. Isn't vacation hood set at summer only? That would make sense to use the summer only mod, except in the case of beach lots in normal hoods, which I'm planning on doing. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
Did you also use this one? Also recommended: You might like gummilutt's mods: Seasonal pool autonomy changes and Hygiene gain from swimming

Still, I know nothing about fixes, just asking to see what any of you tried, or didn't. I'm still not even playing until I finish redoing all my download files. I had this downloaded, and just now got the updated one. Isn't vacation hood set at summer only? That would make sense to use the summer only mod, except in the case of beach lots in normal hoods, which I'm planning on doing. (:

I've seen those Gummilutt mods, but they didn't interest me. "Seasonal pool autonomy changes" keeps sims from using swimming pools in winter. Since all swimming pools in this game are heated I don't mind sims doing that. From personal experience, swimming in pools means having to wash chlorine off myself afterward and sea water is very salty (among other things), so I don't think hygiene should go up from swimming.

Lamare's mod seems to work fine for some people and not work at all for others. You won't know whether it works properly in your game until and unless you use it. Try the mod in a test neighborhood first. It's possible that the problem is caused by a mod conflict that doesn't show up in the HCDU, but nobody has been able to figure out what that might be yet.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 7:20 PM
Anyone having the same issue with pets?