Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 4:33 PM
I know thats probably the biggest problem I'm having also. I managed to make one of the sims not have this problem and I do not know how I did it, it's something that i need to look into but as BloomBase mentioned earlier if you try one joint at a time its the best way to see what may spark the hand shake problem.

To me this becomes really a problem when I make them really giant like the last post I put thou it didn't pose problem with the one I showed above. but if i make someone for example the size of a ceiling more often so it works fine.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 3:50 AM
Is it Darryl Hannah in Attack of the 50 foot woman? well done lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 10:09 PM Last edited by illg1l4life : 11th Feb 2011 at 7:46 PM.
Good news, I managed to make sims so tall, that Verne Troyer is the size of the giant's Toe, but more importantly The frequenting of the hand shake much reduced.

However, I could only make that possible with the hands hidden within the pelvis width, I assume alot of the hand shake is hidden behind the pelvis layer, but at least from the front and most angles, it looks like the giant is holding his hands behind their back as opposed to hands unrealistically been shoved inside a body layer and honestly it doesn't look deformed or awkward. Even then, you can see much more clearly her hands when she moves around with much less the shakes so you really get a good piece of the regular visiual.

My first priority is resolving the hand shake problems with the extreme sizes, I worked on it for a long time. The hand shaking is most reduced when the hands are inside the pelvis, you just see one very giant hand for 1/10 of a second every 5 seconds so while its not perfect, it's far more tolerable than before. Also sometimes the feet shake also, fortunately i didn't have that problem. The good thing is that the pelvis doesn't have to be overly broad to really avoid the hand shake so you can still make them skinny.

My second priority was being able to make the game work if too much ram is used. I ended up compressing the packages files and reducing some of the resolutions and things were fine.

In conclusion, I honestly don't think there is a way to make a sim super tall or small without somewhat hand shake, there are just too many angles affecting the hand so it always shakes. Also the only way to make the hands at regular size relative to the body is if I change the torso height which also has most impact on the hands shaking. But even with just manipulating everything individually the hand shake wasn't much improved, and the hands didn't grow so you would have a super giant with normal human size hand which just looks silly.

OK i admit I made the legs bit too long, but you still can imagine this is one huge sim
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 3:44 PM Last edited by illg1l4life : 11th Feb 2011 at 4:10 PM.
I uploaded today the best sliders I have made to this point. I found out that increasing the pelvis width can drastically reduce the hand shake problem, read the previous post for more info about it.

I don't think there is a way to perfectly eliminate the hand shake issue, this is far the closest I got and I think this might be the final version I'll make if other than the hand shake issue there is no further rebutal.

Note the new version has 4 additional sliders including some made changes, what's in bold indicates new additions, what's in italic are changes that were modified from the previous version. Note that 9 out of the 16 previous version's sliders were modified, the 9 don't include the new 4 added. Below are further details on the new changes:

XXX_HeadWidth - Previously was XXX_BottomHeight which I really only created to try better manipulate the body postures at extreme magnitudes but turns out was unnecessary. The width of the head could barely be modified without extreme sliders so I added this.

XXX_LegDepth - Previously was XXX_Jonha_Sliders_ButtSize, Pelvis Girth is already used to modify the butt size so was unnecessary also. Sometimes to create normal standing postures instead of legs crossing each other, you need to change the legs width or pelvis width which can cause the depth of the leg to look awkward, so The Leg Depth helps to adjust it to normal looking.

XXX_MinorVerticalElevator - The sims adjustment size just got so extreme a tiny adjustment can make to much movement with the vertical elevator. Therefore, the minor vertical elevator can make the needed tiny movement made possible so you can place the feet exactly at the ground level.

Other Notes -
* XXX_Jonha_Sliders_BASE - simply put up to change the names neccesarry in the game, for example the slider with the name butt was changed to leg depth with this slider
* The other 3 new additions: XXX_Jonha_Sliders_WaistSize, XXX_JonhaTorsoHeight(Body Height), and XXX_PelvisWidth were modified from the original sliders to become more extra.
* The rest in italic were changed to look better with the newer changes and additions.

If you face too much ram usage try to lower some of the visual definitions or compress your packages and you should be ok, if still problem persist try to lower the sim size.

It may be difficult to use CAS because the sims are so ginormous even vertical elevator and leg length reduced won't show the face and the body is too wide you can't even see the hands. The best thing to do is start off by doing everything else that doesn't impact the size, things such as facial appearce, hair, apparel, skin..., then start changing the sizes. It will still be hard to see what changes were made to the body, so for me to quickly make all the changes, I used this to quickly load the game, and used MasterController to edit within the game the sims body and I was able to do it quick back and forth. Regardless I STRONGLY recommend to have MasterController if you want to much more quickly adjust body sizes if you can't see them well in CAS

Lastly, If anyone knows how to make these files the original files so I won't have to replace them with already made files, that would be great. I much prefer not to have people feel like these new sliders will change what they had previously made with the sims.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#30 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 3:48 PM
Sorry for being so thick, but where is the download/s ?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 3:52 PM
Post #19 with the pictures of the files listing
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#32 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 4:27 PM
Thanks

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#33 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 6:40 PM
Sorry,i'm Italian and I don't speak english very well.
Please,can you show me how to use you patch/whatever it is?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 8:58 PM
Could you be more specific where you need help, I'll gladly assist you. I'm just not sure if you want help regarding how to install mods, or how to use the sliders, or if there is something else you need help with.
Test Subject
#35 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 6:49 AM
I need help regarding install mods,thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 11:08 AM
Giacomanzo, if you new here you should look here first and it will guide you on how to put mods into your game. Also for anyone that's new here and never used mods, read those guidelines.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 7:24 PM
OK, After doing many testing, I figured what causes the hand shake problems. Whenever the hand is displaced from its original position, that's when the hand shake problem occurs.

The position of the hand can only be affected vertically and horizontally, but not in the z-axis. So if the sims were as giant as my sliders allowed and the hands were in the original position so hands won't shake, the following major problems occur.

Horizontally - When you make the sim taller with the torso height and adjust some of the body girth to make the sim look normal, it has to push the hands outwards. While maybe I can still bring the hands back exactly to the original x-axis, it would have to look like hands being put inside the body. This could still not look so bad, but read now the issue vertically...

Vertically - That's where the biggest problem occurs, when you make the sims as giant as possible, if you look at the exact spot where the hands are for a default sim and draw a dot there, that same exact spot would be barely above the super giant sims feet. So that means I'd have to stretch the length of the hands to reach the giant's ankles and thats in regular posture, so it would look bottom line deformed.

In conclusion, I'd have to have super thick giant sim with arms the length up to the ankles in order to make the hands not shake.

Fortnately the feet are always positioned pretty much in the same place as their original position since its always supposed to be standing on the floor and not pushed outwards horizontally much. So the feet I manage to fix from being a problem.

Final Conclusion, this is as good as it gets, honestly I'm really not bothered much by the hands shake when I play and its very tolerable. Therefore there is no more reason for me to try and fix the hand shake problem and I got the feet shaking problem taking care of. This is as optimal as it gets.

I plan on uploading the sliders on friday unless there are any other concerns non-related to the shaking which is unresolvable without deformity.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 2:09 AM
Looking at that picture beside the huge sim's head. I've never seen a plane before. I didn't know that was a feature.
Test Subject
#39 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 8:33 AM
Ok then,i've understood how to install the mod,but i don't know how to use it.How can I make my Sim taller or shorter?Is an option in the "Creation Sim Mode"?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 11:09 AM
yes it is. The sliders are in the "Create A Sim" mode, there you will find all the sliders I made. It will take a bit of experience in order to know how to use them better. Please read post #19 for more descriptions about certain sliders I posted.

All the information or instructions needed to use this mod can be found in this thread. However I didn't have them all organized together but most of what you need to know is in post #19 where the zip folder can also be found. I planned on putting a PDF or Microsoft Word file with instructions on using those mods which would include pictures.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#41 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 11:19 PM
I'll be busy this week and it's better to give you time to think of comments to point out before I upload them so I'll give you time.
Test Subject
#42 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 1:04 AM
Default Someone can make a videotutorial!
The Slider looks very good, but someone can make a tutorial , making a Giant sim and a Smaller one, a video can be very helpful.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 2:53 PM Last edited by jmtmom : 24th Apr 2011 at 8:46 PM.
How did I miss these until now? I just put them in my game.

ETA: I'm finding the sims I made with Jonha's sliders are now horribly deformed. I think I'll take these out and put Jonha's back in. I really like the elevator though, makes it much easier to work on short or tall sims. The hand shaking is significantly worse. If I ever decide I just have to have Giant or tiny sims, I'll try them again.
Test Subject
#44 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 7:05 PM
Thanks a lot for your mod!
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#45 Old 3rd May 2011 at 1:05 PM
I been absent for a while but now I'm back.

jmtmom, look in the post where I have the uploaded folder, I explained in it that you need to replace some files otherwise it will result in deformity which includes any one of the sims you used previously to downloading the extreme sizes files.

Anyways I hope to be able to upload this to mts. I'm in need to make the files original so the extreme sizes sliders won't interfere with the other mods like Jonha's and will be provided in addition to it. If someone knows how to implement that, it would be of great deal of help and then I can upload them. Also I'm willing to let someone else work and try to upload this if you interested just send me a message
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 3rd May 2011 at 3:19 PM
New Version 3.0 is now available, I mainly changed just the slider for the body girth and increased the body to legs ratio. The file names hasn't changed so the replacement files in post #19 still applies to version 3.0 albeit the title sayings its for 2.0. With the new version the sims don't look deformed anymore, see it for yourself below

Screenshots
Test Subject
#47 Old 3rd May 2011 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by illg1l4life
New Version 3.0 is now available, I mainly changed just the slider for the body girth and increased the body to legs ratio. The file names hasn't changed so the replacement files in post #19 still applies to version 3.0 albeit the title sayings its for 2.0. With the new version the sims don't look deformed anymore, see it for yourself below

Haha that's cool! Look my newest video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrGNqz4S_HA
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#48 Old 5th May 2011 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ivyxbros
Haha that's cool! Look my newest video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrGNqz4S_HA

Thank you very much for puting it on youtube, I was really hoping to that people will try to promote it out there. If you don't mind thou, I hope people can see that you can make a giant sim without it looking weird or deformed, would you mind uploading one which shows non-deformed looking giant, I'll definitely will consider you in giving you credit.
Test Subject
#49 Old 9th May 2011 at 9:12 PM
how do I put on this on my game
Test Subject
#50 Old 9th May 2011 at 9:13 PM
I have trid to do it and it is not working
Page 2 of 4