Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 6:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Post Your 'Dumb' Questions here!
I'll probably be the only one asking questions on this thread, but hey! You never know. Sometimes it's intimidating to be surrounded by techie geniuses such as I see here on MTS, and I've had questions in the past that I simply never had the nerve to ask, afraid I'd be laughed out of the room. I'm sure there are others out there like me. I will stand up and admit, My name is laurcleve, and I am hopeless with computers. So that is *my* particular problem, but other people might have other issues that seem too silly to bring up in other posts.

I think posters (me included) should keep in mind that this thread is not a free computer course, it's simply a forum for people to ask quick questions that can be resolved fairly quickly.

And to all you great moderators, please bear in mind that this is a forum for 'dumb' questions, so please prepare to do a little hand-holding when necessary. It doesn't mean the posters are dumb, or even that the questions are dumb, it just means that the poster thinks it might be a dumb question - as in, a question he/she should already know the answer to, or one that everyone else thinks that they should, but they don't; therefore, it's a little scary to ask.

Okay, I'll go first. I've got two :

1) What is a 50/50? I know it has something to do with cleaning out your downloads folder, or removing problematic CC, but I don't know what it really is, or how to do it, or why I should.

2) How much is the Christmas tree worth? My deco folder is as big as a football field and I can never find it when it's Christmas. (I've got Phaenoh's calendar that tells you when the holidays have arrived and I love it!) But I really want the tree that conjures Santa and occasionally catches fire, but there is no way I can locate the thing without fifteen minutes of dull agony.

Okay, those were examples of questions that might be asked here, but they are also very real questions! I really DO want to know what 50/50 is, and also how much that tree is worth. If I know what it costs I can find it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 7:40 AM
We already have a Stupid/Random questions thread.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 7:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
We already have a Stupid/Random questions thread.

So this thread is the same as that, do you think? I'm not arguing, I'm just asking.
Instructor
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 8:24 AM
The Christmas tree is $ 295. I sometimes use it in non-Chrismas times when I want a fire.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TychoH
The Christmas tree is $ 295. I sometimes use it in non-Chrismas times when I want a fire.

Thankyou, TychoH, I'm gonna write that down.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 9:47 AM
50/50 (and other methods for finding problem content) explained here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Custom_Content
Alchemist
#7 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 9:42 PM
price of any object can be found in its respective catalog; if all required packs are installed.
shipped version objects of base game and/or of expansions; respective Prima Guide is another place to look for price.
custom objects; SimPE is another place for them. Object Data resource.

mentioned thread:: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...00#startcomment