Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 2:11 AM
I'm back on my old laptop now because my desktop gave out on me. I plan on buying a new tower this tax season. I'm looking to get a beast so I'll come back and comment on how the game runs on that. but here are the pathetic specs of my old laptop hahaha
HP Pavilion TS 15 Notebook
AMD A8-5545M APU With Radeon(tm) Graphics 1.70GHz
8.00 GB RAM
64-bit
Windows 10 Home

The crazy thing about this laptop is I played the sims 4 when it first came out on this laptop and it ran really well. I'm guessing over time with all the new packs and patches my laptop just can play it well anymore. I mean I can still play on high settings but it's a little laggy doing so. So I'm playing on medium settings. With my desktop, before it died on me, I could play on ultra smooth as silk, but I'd get the occasional time lag (?) where time would go back and forth when sims are sleeping.
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mspigglypooh
I'm guessing over time with all the new packs and patches my laptop just can play it well anymore.

Something changed when City Living was released. They messed something up and they haven't been able to repair it. Simulation lag is a thing that comes and goes; sometimes you see it, sometimes you don't. But it's there, two years after City Living, it's still there. Waiting... To ruin your gameplay. I don't think more packs make the problem worse. A fully updated base game will experience they same issues. Wasn't around City Living when they released the 64 bit version, which is the ONLY version now? I don't know, but when all is said and done, people are going to admit TS4 is no better than TS3 when it comes to lag and glitches.

Quote: Originally posted by Ive
It's curious tho how some people have the simulation problem and others don't, good specs, bad specs, it's like there is no pattern.

I think the problem is in everyone's game, but depending on your playstyle, how many Sims you play with, how old your savegame is, etc. it become more or less prominent. I've seen YouTubers like James Turner with top of the line hardware experience simulation lag, and I've also seen people will lower end PCs experience it as well. The only possible conclusion one can arrive is that the problem is within the game's code itself. Simmythesim once told me it was multitasking what caused lag. Sims had to check every possible posture for every objects (even objects not placed in that lot) everytime they wanted to multitask. The more Sims there are, the more it'll lag. I'm oversimplifying his very in-depth explanation, he'll probably be able to explain it better.
Page 2 of 2