Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 1:55 AM Last edited by Fyren5 : 19th Dec 2018 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Title

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [[SOLVED]] No interaction for Toddlers, called "Talk To" .. Glitch?
Hi everyone, a strange NEW issue that I'm experiencing today.

This is completely new to me, but after a while my Sims & their toddlers can no longer "talk to" anymore. I noticed this when playing the Greenman family. They can Family Kiss, Snuggle, Play Tickle/Toss in Air but no Talk To ____. Children can now only Tickle/Tease/Play Peek-A-Boo and Family Kiss. My Sims still roll the want to Talk To their toddler but I can't fulfill this Want. Every household with a Toddler, whether they have learnt to talk or not has no option to be talked to by anyone...

The most recent hacks I have installed are: wfsanity by Pescado, midgethetree_justbefriends & alienpregnancyforfemales by Kestrellyn/Faiuwle.

I recently took out these hacks: woohooltwfix by Pescado, Alien Abduction - Male+Fem Impregnation (this Mod), AntiBabyAbuseCollection (showed conflicts with no babyharrassment by Pescado), midgethetree_friendlybreakup (switched back to Simlogical Breakup Anytime), midgethetree_kickoutfamily, NoAutonomousRelax-AL by Squinge (conflicted with Cyjon's Get Off Your Ass). No severe resets when removing these Mods, only the motives.

I recently switched my Want Trees to this one.

I checked my Hack Conflicts with HCDU and it picked up 18 conflicts which I fixed (some weren't conflicts as stated by the Mod creators themselves). I double checked my load order on my Mods and they're fine as far as I can see...

Is this a Mod issue or a strange bug? I tried Batbox and Cyjon's Debug to see if they would pick up any issues but neither showed anything.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!! :lovestruc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 2:47 AM
You didn't download BoilingOil's mod that doesn't let toddlers talk to other sims until they've learned to talk, did you?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 2:51 AM
Edit: I noticed "Snuggle" is only an option when Toddler is held.. Very unusual....

This is my list of BoilingOil's Mods:

BO - Curb All Auto Read-To
BO - Customized Compost Bin
BO - Less Toddler Annoyance
BO - Moody Birds
BO - Need Freak
BO - No Lecture Babies
BO - No Naked Emitters
BO - No Sim Loaded
BO - NoWelcomeHomeHugs
BO - Phones For All
BO - Quick Bedmaking
BO - Sanitary Sanity - NP
BO - Shoppers Respect Privacy
BO - Simulated Sales
BO - SS Auto Cash Register
BO - Unlimited Sims

Here is a picture of Issue 1 (I discovered an issue with babies just now):

Issue 2: "Cannot interact with babies when placed on floor, only when holding..."
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 5:08 AM
Could be something to do with this one. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=3335
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 5:15 AM
Sounds more like a mod clash. If a baby falls asleep on the floor that no action thing can happen, but not the other. Also, I don't think my toddlers have any call over action on them. Could be whatever mod added that to the menu.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#6 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 5:10 PM
Yeah, "call over" isn't an option for toddlers in an unmodded game.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 6:25 PM
I can only turn babies child support on/off or "check on ___" after reading parenting book. Otherwise, I cannot direct a Sim to hold baby at all.

This is my current HCDU results (there was over 60+ before this one!):

NOTE: When I remove some of these Mods to fix the supposed conflict, the others either stop working or the actual issue I want gone is actually still there. E.g autonomous writing diary, if I remove one of those 3 Mods, my Sims will autonomously write in a diary..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 10:26 PM
I am no expert but you have added mods that do the same thing but different peoples versions of it. For example, you don't want both 'no autonomous read to' and 'curb all auto read to' because they both mod the same thing. Either one will do what you want-stop auto read to interaction.
Next one along is the same thing. No hobby calls is clashing with no hobby spam. They are basically the same mod but by different people. You only want one.

I don't know the wfsanity mod or what that does to comment on it. But with the mods above pick which version you like and get rid of the other.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 10:39 PM Last edited by Fyren5 : 18th Dec 2018 at 11:13 PM.
If I remove "znoautonomousreading" my Sims will be reading books & writing in diaries forever.. Curb All Auto Read To only stops adults and teens from reading to toddlers & children.. I couldn't find a Mod to stop both of these (they annoy me).. I will remove No Hobby Calls now.

"wfsanity" RTFM:

1. No longer will want to play/etc. with people who aren't here. (Talk OK)
2. Knowledge sims no longer obsessed with attempted suicide unless low ASP.
3. Supernatural creatures no longer want to cure others of type.
4. Flirting with ugly and inappropriate people discouraged.
5. Cannot fear being caught cheating unless actually cheating.
6. Extremely implausible events with no history not feared.
Ex: Death of non-elder in neighborhood with no history of unnatural death.
Becoming enemies with best friends with no history of best friend loss.
7. No obsession with unaccessible pets.
8. Skating no longer valid want unless rink actually present.
9. Only kids and silly non-neat people want to balloon/snowball fight.
10. Very mean sims no longer actually WANT to give gifts.
11. Snow activities require presence of actual snow!

Edit: When clicking on baby in a crib, I thought we had options to "Cuddle ___" and "Play With ___" ? These are not showing up unless holding baby. When baby is put on the floor, no options are available but "___ Child Support is ON" and "Check on ___" Picture under spoiler.

Edit 2: Updated HCDU:

Edit 3: Something really is going on with this neighborhood. Nina Caliente & Daniel Pleasant have no autonomy anymore. They just stand there. I moved them out of their little condo (the one where Nina and Dina live in) and into an Apartment and they still stand doing nothing.... What did I do that caused this? I'm so mad!!! I might have to start all over again but before I do that, I'm going to redo my Mods folder....... I put my neighborhood on backup with the Mods folder with it onto my external drive..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 11:58 PM
Quote:
If I remove "znoautonomousreading" my Sims will be reading books & writing in diaries forever.. Curb All Auto Read To only stops adults and teens from reading to toddlers & children..

The fact that they show up as clashing means they are using the same line of code and only one will be working on that same line. So let's say mod A does 4 thingsand mod B does 4 things and both are different except they both mod the same line 2. Only one mod for line 2 will be active in-game the other won't be. Sometimes people desperately need line 1 from one mod and line 4 from another and put up with the clashing part, if so then you need to put up with whatever that clash causes.

You can try changing load order but this does not always work. Since no baby harassment is clashing with no autonomous reading I would suggest that it's that clash causing your baby issues. So try swapping load order, live with the clash and play around it if what the mod does is worth the clash or remove one of the mods. I know it's annoying, I can't send any kids to public school but I live with it because I want my other education mods more.

It's also possible you have other corruption issues. make the backup and run hood checker. Sometimes somethign really simple is going on and it isn't corruption or mods. For example, I had a home business and sims stopped buying, the buy bar would go away. The issue was caused by my using moveobjects to place some pine trees out the back. I have used moveobjects plenty times before and since, but that time it caused an issue. If you place beds in inventory when moving house that can cause a glitch with less actions and jump bugs. Sometimes a glitch on a lot is from some CC placed on the lot. Check that free will is on, sell the beds and sometimes even the chairs. try resetting one of them with move objects-delete, save-reload the lot. Check that you still have smarter EP check. Sometimes removing a needed file can cause issues.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 12:08 AM Last edited by Fyren5 : 19th Dec 2018 at 12:46 AM.
Typical of me, I seriously need to facepalm sometimes.

I removed the BO - Curb All Auto Read To to see what will happen if I keep only the "znoautonomousreading". I put z at the beginning of the file because that's what Squinge said to do because they know it conflicts with nobabyharrassment. I don't know if that worked though, maybe I need to put it in a separate subfolder inside my Squinge Mods folder? The babies still have no option to Cuddle or Play With when in a crib (when you click on a baby inside a crib, those options show up). I will check with toddlers now, will edit with the results.

However, now I can't work out what's causing Nina & Daniel to not do any autonomous stuff like eating, going to the bathroom or even doing anything at all.. I'm getting frustrated with it. I'm going to check another family to see if the issue happens there and if not, I'm out of ideas...

Edit: Just seen your edit. I used a cheat to edit an apartment the Burb family was living in, I was playing them at the time. I forgot what the cheat was but I moved a trash can out of the way so they could access the mailbox.. I did use the Force Error on a few Sims that used to live in the Apartments but were moved out or moved in with a different family (if that made sense). What I did was delete them with Force Error. They were fine when I loaded the lot where they were. I just got mad that they kept having bladder failure. I don't put beds or anything in inventories. I did have bunk beds by Michelle in my game but they kept flashing blue which started getting annoying so I removed them but I can't remember if I removed them from the houses first....

Edit 2: Results from Hoodchecker:

Edit 3: GASP! Is it possible that I somehow fixed this? I removed "nobabyharrassment" and put znoautonomousreading in a separate subfolder inside Squinge Mods folder. I put in "BO - Less Toddler Annoyance" back and "No Baby or Toddler Swarming" by Twojeffs. I checked if they conflict and BoilingOil said if his loads last, they'll be fine. I don't know if that's what did it but.. I'm happy so yay!!

Edit 3: Nina and Daniel's autonomy is still not working so I checked Frances J Worthington to see if he had autonomous actions and he did. I don't know what's going on with Nina and Daniel but as long as my Toddlers and Babies are functioning properly, that makes me happy. :p

Edit 4: Nina and Daniel seem to have autonomy back now, I think? They did a few romantic interactions but after that, they stand still again doing nothing..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 1:08 AM
Good, changing load order fixed some issues.

Did you take any furniture with them? Did you sell it like I said? Did you reset one after the other?

Changing things in apartments with a cheat is notoriously buggy.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 1:25 AM
Nope. I left all their furniture in the old house. I moved them out using the "Move Family" option in neighborhood view. I could move out the Burb & Ruben families living in the Apartment that I edited with the cheat and bulldoze it but I don't know if that's a good idea or not? Nina and Daniel don't live in that Apartment that was edited though, they live in a different one with 2 other families.. I'll go into their household to see if they do anything autonomously like watching TV, dancing or something. Will edit with results.

Edit: Nina danced for like 10 seconds. Daniel washed a plate up. Nina washed another plate up. Now they stand doing nothing. Nothing at all. Nina is just farting hearts at Daniel.. Daniel's just sitting in a chair..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 1:28 AM
Try moving them to a new unplayed with blank lot and see what they do.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 1:33 AM
A lot with no house or anything just empty or just a house that has never been played? Sorry I'm really dumb, LOL.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 1:36 AM
Well either, but make sure there is no CC on the lot. If the lot is blank they should bird watch or interact with each other. You just want to see if free will comes back on another lot. If everyone else does have free will except for them next I would remove all CC that they are wearing. A friend of mine had a CC blouse that stopped the sim getting a job, sometimes the cause can be strange so I would not discount something like a hair or clothing or jewellery.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 1:45 AM Last edited by Fyren5 : 19th Dec 2018 at 2:06 AM.
I don't have any other CC but makeup. Only have CC eyeliner/eyelash from here and these default game makeup from CatOfEvilGenius here:

I also only use default replacement clothing from default database which they aren't wearing. Nina is only wearing CC eyelash/eyeliner and the default makeup. I'll put them on an empty lot and will edit results.

Edit: Both are just standing doing nothing. I changed Nina's appearance and removed makeup and changed clothing, still no autonomous behavior. Other Sims in neighborhood still autonomously do stuff but not these two. I'll remove the makeup file and see if that fixes it and if not, I'll take out the default replacement clothing to see if that works.

Edit 2: Same result without the makeup file in my game. I don't know if it's safe to remove the Default Replacement clothing file though. I just remembered, I installed new eye defaults and replaced my old ones (they replaced default maxis eyes, no other colors).. Not sure if that's related? I'm putting my old defaults back and see what happens.

Edit 3: I removed a recent Mod I got a few days ago called "midgethetree_justbefriends" and they're somewhat autonomous, now I'm going to put my backup I made just before I did this back in and see if it comes back.

Edit 4: Okay, autonomy for these two is back. I will contact midgethetree about this just in case, it might not even be the Mod but my silliness instead. It showed no conflicts in HCDU. Still, better let them know!! :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 2:12 AM
You can remove and swap defaults anytime, they simply revert to the game item/change to the new default.

Have you tried resetting them yet?

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can remove and swap defaults anytime, they simply revert to the game item/change to the new default.

Have you tried resetting them yet?

They have autonomy back now. I took out a recent Mod I installed a few days ago called "midgethetree_justbefriends". They are doing autonomous stuff now, everything is sorted. I think I found the creator here, Radium I think? I messaged them to let them know of my issue. Thanks for all the help, Joandsarah77! Very much appreciate, this community is so lovely!! :lovestruc