Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simfantastic2
All you need to do is follow the same procedure for this tutorial but instead of using the instances i gave search all of them and when you see those sims change them. Note there are more than one sims, so if you dont want any of them there then you need to change them all. Hope i helped.

Thnx so much! :D
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mod_bv
Then how did you get here?

It used to shut down while playing the sims 2.
Instructor
#53 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simfantastic2
caz100, it is just something that i thought maxis should make for nightlife, so i just edited pictures so it would look like it. Look at the pictures bellow.

Angelgoddess79 offcourse you can have butterflies on it. You can do what ever you want!

where can i get SIms 2 car shop?

Unauthorized incoming post!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#56 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 7:54 AM
Sorry, Spencer, but you have no choice. The images contained in the "ui" package are tga, and therefore they must be exported (and then re-imported) only in tga format.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#58 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 9:48 PM
Yes, you can create an in image in any format you like, bmp, jpg, etc. But when you have created it, you have to import it in the "ui" package, overwriting the original one, right?
The game, when reads the ui package expects to find a TGA image: if another type of image is found, it will not be diaplayed correctly, or it will not be displayed at all.

Therefore, if you want to create a custom screen like this, you *must* find a program that creates TGA images, there's no escape.

One last thing. The various image formats are not identical: for example, PNG and TGA contain a special "mask", that makes transparent some parts of the image, and opaque the remaining parts.
BMP and JPG images are always opaque, no transparence is allowed, so your new logo will look horrible, even if you find a way to import it in the ui.package.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 12:30 PM
Right now, if you export a image from the ui, you can import it as a png also, so that makes it easier and much more useful. Just make sure your paint program like (Adobe Photoshop) supports png transparency and your finished.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#60 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 5:46 PM
Thanks Simfantastic, I didn't know that the game would accept a png format in the ui.package. Good to know!

Test Subject
#61 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 5:46 PM
err WAHOO!!! ive found the picture 4 nightlife its near the end!

(now i just need to find a link to get paintshop pro)

by the way
Test Subject
#62 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 10:57 PM
here the extremely retarded one i made for pets. :p
Screenshots
The ModFather
retired moderator
#63 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 11:14 PM
Either my eyes are going bananas, or the faces in that pets/southpark image are our faces!
Freaking!

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#64 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 9:17 PM
Which one is you, Numenor?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#65 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 10:32 PM
I'd say the central one, near the name "PETS"...

Theorist
#66 Old 2nd May 2007 at 5:26 PM
Ok... (To numenor)
Just to ask but you didn't show how to replace the backdrop thinggy (The nahbourhood on it...) Is there a Tutorial on this?

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Test Subject
#67 Old 18th May 2007 at 9:32 AM
i have an ep higher than uni, i wonder if it would conflict with my later eps?
Test Subject
#68 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 4:56 AM
Will This Work With Pets?
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 2:07 AM
How do you do this on M A G

Please be advised that a noticeable taste of blood is not part of any test protocol but is an unintended side effect of the Aperture Science Material Emancipation Grill, which may, in semi-rare cases, emancipate dental fillings, crowns, tooth enamel, and teeth.
Test Subject
#70 Old 26th May 2012 at 3:19 PM
Default original loading screens
Does anyone have the original sims 2 splash and/or neighborhood chooser screens to replace those in Bon Voyage? Would you be willing to share them with me? I have a mac so I can't use SimPE.
Test Subject
#71 Old 28th May 2012 at 12:16 AM
Default help w/ my screen?
Quote: Originally posted by spongejimmy3d
here the extremely retarded one i made for pets. :p

Does you have the original sims 2 splash and/or neighborhood chooser screens to replace those in Bon Voyage? Would you be willing to share them with me? I'd even be willing to pay some. I have a mac so I can't use SimPE.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 11:18 AM
Default Changing the images of the sims posing around the main menu
Hey everyone!

I've got a question about the sims lingering/sitting/standing around the menu - like you can see in the "image23" (two guys). I know the pictures for these posing sims are also saved in the ui.package-file (C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Apartment-Life\TSData\Res\UI) and it should be easy to change them with simpe...but (now comes the big question ): How do I know from which ui.package the pictures of the posing sims are taken?

I have severeal EPs but I somehow can't find the right ui-file.

If anybody knows the unofficial expansion-pack from BAS ("tits&arse-stuff") than you probably know that the sims there posing around the menu are mostly naked. For obvious reasons I don't want anybody to come into my room and see naked sims
When I look into the ui-files of my latest EP (apartment life), of T&A or of the base-game I can't find the images, though. In all three mentioned ui-files I can only find pictures of clothed sims (which I would prefer).

Does anybody know which ui-file I have to find and change?

Thanks already for answers and I'm sorry if this isn't the right thread to post this question.
Have a nice day,

rotes_zebra
Instructor
#73 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 2:39 PM
Gotta revive this here...
a) Wondering the same thing as zebra. Not that my sims would be naked... (Lol. Wasn't there an option to install this without the changed loading screen anyway? )
From which package do I have to replace the sims pictures?

b) Does anyone know how to change the LOADING screen? I changed the background image as described in the tut. And I found the menu design and the picture for the loading screen from the start, and wanted to make it matching. But that thing over that, the one that vanishes bit by bit as the game loads (the flashing up squares and all...) - where the heck is that one? I searched the complete UI file in the Sims 2 folder, and the one from M&G which is my latest expansion.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 12:15 AM
Well, it changed the splash screen for when the game is loading, but not the small loading screen that you see in the main menu. Please help!

BTW: It turns out that this was not the wrong topic.
Page 3 of 3