Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Independent Expressions" - Expansion Set - PART II - UPD 06/Dec/07: New Meshes!

by MaryLou Posted 6th May 2007 at 3:56 PM - Updated 6th Jun 2009 at 3:46 PM by MaryLou : Fixed images'url

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 6th May 2007 at 4:19 PM
Looks absolutly wonderful dear! thankyou much :]
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th May 2007 at 4:32 PM
great idea, and great job!!!
thank you so much!!! ^^

Annika
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th May 2007 at 5:19 PM
Nice work.

*Member most in need of spellcheck, period.
Zspace - An Animorphs Forum
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th May 2007 at 5:56 PM
Oooo more windows, thanks very much. i use your other independant expressions windows in almost all my sims houses. These will be very useful.

PS.. you've spelt independant wrong in your keywords
Greatest Dad Ever
#6 Old 6th May 2007 at 6:00 PM
Amazing Marylou !!!!

Thank You for this great expansion to the orginals , and also thank you for your awsome window templates !!!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th May 2007 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xianah
PS.. you've spelt independant wrong in your keywords

LoL !!!
Thanks to report.
And, of course, thanks to all of you.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th May 2007 at 6:57 PM
Awsome!!! Thank you for sharing.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 6th May 2007 at 11:42 PM
Thank you for this super set!!! I'm always looking for special windows and these are just the right ones.
hexameter
Alchemist
#10 Old 7th May 2007 at 4:18 PM
Great add on, Mary Lou, windows are critical for the final result and this set looks very useful. The 3-tiles one is what I missed but the 4-tiles is the genious touch. Thank you forever and ciao.
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th May 2007 at 4:59 PM
THANK YOU!!!!! I have been wanting this for a loooooooooong time! THNX!

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th May 2007 at 5:19 PM
Oooo!Oooo!Oooo! GREAT! THANK YOU!

(I really should be working right now...)
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#13 Old 7th May 2007 at 7:24 PM
I wonder how did you create a 4 tile one? There are no clone in game for that.

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th May 2007 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ailias
I wonder how did you create a 4 tile one? There are no clone in game for that.

There are two different way to create this: adding the tiles from a 2 -3 tiles windows or deleting the tiles from the biggest 4 tile windows that is placeable on two floors.

But you don't need to make all of this............ if you like to create 3-4 tiles windows that are compatible from the base game to Celebration stuff you can free use my templates.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th May 2007 at 8:53 AM
make doors to go w/this set aye?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 6:23 AM
I LOVE the windows, however, there is one problem. They only let in practical light and no diffuse lighting. So when i place them the room stays dark but the objects light up.

I have the radiance light system, so it might be the problem but i don't think so because all the other windows you made for this set work perfectly. Do you think there is anyway to fix it because i love them : (

I am an (unloaded?) gun; false hope.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 11:44 AM
I don't know because in your game the diffuse lights don't work.
I have checked again in my game and I have all the lights (practical and diffuse) enabled: over objects, sims, walls and floors. I don't have the radiance at the moment...... I'll try the windows with it as soon as I can.
Try to remove the radiance, even if I also think it is not the problem.
All these shapes have the same problems ?
Can you tell me what EPs do you have installed, please?

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 2:41 AM
I have pets and nightlife... maybe it was the window it was cloned from? Because after installing radiance i know some lights don't work as they should, and maybe it's the same for a few windows. If you can tell me what window it was cloned from i can check the window and if it does the same thing than i would know it's the radiance and not your windows.

Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 4:19 AM
I am having trouble getting these to appear ingame. I have custom content turned on, and I have installed them properly. I am not sure what to do. These were exactly what I was looking for, so I really hope to use them. I can't get the other set to show up either.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 7:45 PM Last edited by MaryLou : 16th Aug 2007 at 11:20 PM.
Default Update: BUG FIXED
Upadate 22-06-07 : BUG FIXED

Quote: Originally posted by vintagepksweetie
I have pets and nightlife... maybe it was the window it was cloned from?

Oh, yes..... I have checked that the "diffuse" lights of the 3 tiles windows do NOT work without OFB !

Now the files are fixed and the lights work fine also without OFB.

Thanks to report this problem
Please, tell me if now your problem is solved too.

Thanks to Numenor for his advices and tests.

@bibblenorn:

Try to re-install all the files.
Make sure to unzip the rar archives into your Downloads folder.

Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 2:40 AM
Ah well. Good tip.

I deleted the files out of the Downloads folder, and then reinstalled using the old files (not your recent update). I then used a program other than Q-Xpress to install them. They work now. All I can infer is that Q-Xpress was doing something to the files. Sim2packs and zip files installed by Q-Xpress installed just fine, but none of the rar files it seems. Go figure. I guess Q-Xpress isn't the ideal way to install things after all.

Thanks for the suggestion. Love the sets btw.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 10:17 PM
Sorry it took me so long to answer....

Anyways, i tested the windows and they work perfectly! Thank you so much for fixing them... I was so happy when you came out with the 3 - 4 tiles, and now i can use them.

Glad i could help by reporting the bug!

vintage

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bigdeano
make doors to go w/this set aye?

Ok, ok.....you have won.

"The Independent Doors Set" is already a work in progress.

Please, don't pm me yet about this......

Field Researcher
#24 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 10:00 PM
Aww how did I missed it ??!! It's awesome, I was always bored when I had to make a 4 tiles or 3 tiles windows, now it'll fit well with the set !

Thank you for this useful expansion !

Ohoh Doors .... can't wait to see that !
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 11:20 PM

Update 16-Aug-07- BUG FIXED!
The meshes of some windows were slightly defective: now this problem has been fixed.
Once installed the new files, all the windows existing in your lots will be automatically updated: no need to manually change anything
Please, RE-DOWNLOAD

Page 1 of 2