Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sunnyside Community Mini Lots

by aelflaed Posted 8th Oct 2007 at 1:02 AM - Updated 29th Oct 2008 at 7:04 AM by aelflaed : added link to desert minis.

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 3:07 PM
Personally, I LOVE the mini-lots that have been made available. The more the merrier I say! I think they add more realism to the game, as even those of us who live in houses often have a neighbor just ten feet away.

My question about your lots is this: What do you mean by the sun only shining on the back of the lots (MaryLou's). There doesn't appear to be a specific place where the sun shines on my lots...either it's day or night. Am I missing something? Mostly I am curious because I didn't even realize there was a difference.

Thanks again for making these, I am quickly adding them to my lot collection!

Chelle
Site Helper
#3 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cdelang
My question about your lots is this: What do you mean by the sun only shining on the back of the lots (MaryLou's). There doesn't appear to be a specific place where the sun shines on my lots...either it's day or night. Am I missing something? Mostly I am curious because I didn't even realize there was a difference.
Perhaps you don't have shadows on? Up until now, I've been playing with shadows off because MaryLou's mini-lots cast the shadow at the front of the house, making the house look darker. These new lots have the sun shining on the front of the house, making it look bright and cheerful.

If you don't have shadows on, you won't notice any difference between these lots and MaryLou's. In fact, they're the same lots, just rotated 180 degrees using my "Rotate a House on a Lot" tutorial.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 9:42 PM
Even with shadows off, two sides of the building will be dark in comparison with the other two. I never have shadows on, to save a bit of computer efficiency, and it still bugged me enough to go and learn how to rotate the lots.
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 4:21 PM
Thank you so much..
It's what I am waiting for ... !!!
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 7:12 PM
Thank you!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 4:18 PM Last edited by Mimi52861 : 13th Oct 2007 at 5:42 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot!!
I've downloaded all of these & thanks a million aelflaed!

I do have a request though...could you make the sunnyside RESIDENTIAL mini lots? Please? Pretty Please?

I'm officially an idiot! I didn't think to check out your other uploads before I posted the above request. If I had checked first, I would have known that you already made the residential lots! Duh!

Anyways...I now have both sets in my game & I thank you again! :D

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cdelang

Besides, the night-mode's lighting direction is basically automatically set to be the opposite to the sun lighting direction.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 8:59 AM
Thank you.^^
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 3:45 AM
You're my life saver... You're rock!!!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 6:47 AM
Thanks, everyone. I appreciate your comments. Enjoy!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 8:43 AM
Fantastic for those tiny coffee shops or specialty stores. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 10:07 PM
Super helpful! Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 7:35 PM
Thank you ! :)
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#15 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 11:18 PM
Thank you for sharing these lots will come in handy in my game.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#16 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 5:59 AM
Love the minilots. Now I can be creative in small spaces. The best thing about the 1x1's are you don't have to zoom out to see the whole lot. They are much easier on the game too.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 2:58 AM
Glad people are still finding these useful!