Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Backdoor Lane 63 -- Another Corner Lot

by plasticbox Posted 14th Jan 2009 at 11:26 PM - Updated 13th Mar 2009 at 10:53 PM by plasticbox

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
#2 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 11:53 PM
I really like the corner lots, and this is just another fine example of just why I do.
Thank you for sharing this creation with the rest of the community.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 12:02 AM
Wouldn't Apartment Life be required for the roof?
Site Helper
#4 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 12:31 AM
As far as I know, Apartment Life hasn't been ported to the Mac, and plasticbox uses a Mac.

This seems to imply that plasticbox didn't use Apartment Life to create this lot.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 12:50 AM
What a pretty house!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 1:06 AM
This lot requires Seasons+NL only – Mootilda is entirely correct =) I'm on a Mac and can't possibly use anything newer than BV (which I don't even have).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 2:00 AM
Pbox is a master roof-maker. Look at that artistry!

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Banned
#8 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 2:11 AM
Plasticbox, I must say, you insire me so.
Instructor
#9 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 2:56 AM
Wow, that roof is stunning! I thought it was from M&G at first, until I realized the lot only required SSN and NL. I have your bigger attics tutorial bookmarked. :P
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 2:59 AM
wonderful@ Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 3:28 AM
I'm on a Mac, too. I'm really perturbed we don't have Free Time. Anyway, I just started a neighborhood with only the Backdoor Lane lots. How many more lots do you plan in this series? Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 12:39 PM
You Simmies Homes, appartments are AMAZING, thanyou for your archutectual tellent
Inventor
#13 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 4:17 PM
Oh my, you aren't a creator anymore pb, you are an artist! This is another lot which makes you one of my favourite creators.
Wiki Wizard
#14 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 5:21 PM
woah, super duper work!! Well done on this one!!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 8:27 PM
As soon as I have my own building company, I might get you as the chief architect

Great Work!!!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 9:01 PM
Another beautiful home. Fabulous!

Life isn't about the breaths we take, it's about the moments that take our breaths away...
Mad Poster
#17 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 10:42 PM
Oh my goodness! How do you do it?

Absolutely fantastic!

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 7:40 PM
This is quite a lovely apartment building!

Unfortunately, when I went to play it the first time, there was a blue cover of some sort in the basement area. I decided it was probably a glitch and wouldn't affect anything. When I went back in, the blue cover had grown, like this:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/...b0_f68004b2.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/...b0_968004cb.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/...b0_968004ba.jpg

Is there any way that I can fix this?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 7:52 PM
This is water. You're putting the lot too close to the groundwater (neighbourhood water) level. You need to place it further uphills – sim basements aren't waterproof.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#20 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 11:41 PM
Oh... thanks. I had never heard of that before. I feel a bit dumb. Haha, thanks again!
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 9:14 AM
Your work is absolutely amazing and lovely, plastic box. I was just wondering, and I feel a bit dumb because I have a feeling this is something that everyone knows, how to convert it to a non-apartment-type lot? So that only one family would live there?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 10:52 AM
It's not an apartment lot in the first place. If you want only one household in there, you don't need to do anything at all.

Test Subject
#23 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 3:47 PM
Hey! It's me again! Wonderful job, I just want to ask, how did you do this roof? I see it's mansard but what type of roof did you use? Or is there any builing technique? Well, I only have seasons so I've always wanted this roof ever since I've seen the ones in Apartment Life. I've also read your tutorial but nothing particularly with this one...thanks in advance!
Mad Poster
#24 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:35 AM
woah, at first i thought the inside might be completely nuts and unusable, but as usual you worked it all out. *bows* Nice work! :D

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 3:09 AM
THANKS