Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buyable Aspiration & Career Rewards for Lot Builders

by Sophie-David Posted 14th Oct 2009 at 7:04 PM - Updated 8th Oct 2021 at 12:49 PM by HugeLunatic : fix install instructions

136 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 7:59 PM
This means everything to me. Thank you! Now I can make useable collage and work places again.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 10:27 AM
Fantastic idea ! Thanks a ton for sharing
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 11:48 AM
Thank you forever! One of the most useful downloads for me
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 5:08 PM
Thank you Mendota, Guardgian and lamammaforever - I'm glad they will be useful.
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 12:15 AM
Some normal aspiration rewards are slowly depleted (i.e. thinking caps, romance tubs, social glasses, etc. all eventually run out); does that happen to these as well, or do they last forever?
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peristyle
Some normal aspiration rewards are slowly depleted (i.e. thinking caps, romance tubs, social glasses, etc. all eventually run out); does that happen to these as well, or do they last forever?
If used on a community lot the aspiration rewards are fully recharged each time a Sim visits the lot. If used at home the aspiration rewards will become slowly depleted with use, as they normally would.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 12:35 AM
This is very useful, thank you!
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 10:19 AM
In the collection I can only access the drafting table and the ballet bar that I know of, most I cannot choose although they show in the collection catalogue. I can access none of the aspiration rewards. The icons are greyed out. This was on a residential lot. Great idea though, just not working quite right for me.
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 3:21 PM
Default Rewards Not Accessible from the Collection Files?
Quote: Originally posted by ladymiriam
In the collection I can only access the drafting table and the ballet bar that I know of, most I cannot choose although they show in the collection catalogue. I can access none of the aspiration rewards. The icons are greyed out. This was on a residential lot. Great idea though, just not working quite right for me.
Are you certain that you installed the contents of SDpatchSims2_Rewards.zip in
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins? The zip file contains SDsims2_AspirationRewards.package and SDsims2_CareerRewards.package - these two patch files must be located in the Bins folder for the collection catalogues to work properly.
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 4:05 PM Last edited by ladymiriam : 20th Oct 2009 at 11:51 AM.
I am certain I put them in the right place-I wrote the path name down. I just extracted them without opening them. I have both collections visible so I have them somewhere anyway. It's like when you use the Collection Maker and in the collection, if something isn't a stand alone object ie something in the object catalogue also, it show up as grey but when you try to click on it you get a wee banging sound and it doesn't show up. I will double check when I can but it's probably something I've done wrong if it's only me. Thanks for replying so quickly, I appreciate it.

edit: H:\games\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins is where the two files are located on my PC. I think this where they should be. I can get the ballet bar and the drafting table and none of the asperation rewards.

edit: my partner tells me this is not the right place, so I will try again
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 4:32 PM
ladymiriam - I notice you have all EPs installed. Do you see a total of 13 aspiration rewards listed in the catalogue under Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous, and 26 career rewards under Hobbies/Miscellaneous? (The career rewards include the College Diploma) Your catalogue display should look very much like mine as it is shown in the four inline pictures that I posted.
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 11:07 AM
hi,
I didn't find them in the catalogue, but they must have been in the wrong place. I'm actually trying to find the path you specified, c>program files etc. but my EA Games folder isn't in there. I'll have to look around to find the right folder. Sorry for bothering you. I'll get there eventually.
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 8:44 AM
So this makes the reward objects from Castaway stories useable in the sims 2?
Theorist
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MikeAmerica
So this makes the reward objects from Castaway stories useable in the sims 2?
No, EA does not want us doing that, and it is contrary to MTS policy. Neither does this patch add rewards that are not already included in the Sims 2 EPs that you have installed.

As far as Castaway Stories goes, the patch adds all of the aspiration rewards as well as the hidden Seasons career rewards that shipped with the Castaway Stories game. It does not make the career rewards that are unique to Castaway available because I was not abe to do so without altering their normal game function.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#16 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 3:15 PM
I also had the problem where I could see the objects greyed out and were unselectable except for the ballet bar and drafting table.

I think what happened was I had just the Collection files. Not sure what I did the first time I downloaded. But this time I took the first two files, so now I have the collection and the files and they show up fine in the catalog.
Theorist
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I also had the problem where I could see the objects greyed out and were unselectable except for the ballet bar and drafting table.

I think what happened was I had just the Collection files. Not sure what I did the first time I downloaded. But this time I took the first two files, so now I have the collection and the files and they show up fine in the catalog.
Yes, that makes perfect sense that if you just had the Collection files you would see that symptom of the greyed out - or perhaps invisible - thumbnails. I'm glad you got the installation sorted out and I hope you will find the set useful.
#18 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 9:11 PM
Very Interesting.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Theorist
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 1:13 AM
Default Apartment Life Ugrade and Non-University Bugfix
Please see the primary post for news of today's Apartment Life adjustable height upgrade and a bugfix for those who do not have University installed.
#20 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 8:01 PM
Re-::nab::bed.

I`ve got University, though, and have never been able to get the AL height adjustment to actually *work*, so I don`t know what good the redownload will do me, but thanks anyway. .

Theorist
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
Re-::nab::bed.

I`ve got University, though, and have never been able to get the AL height adjustment to actually *work*, so I don`t know what good the redownload will do me, but thanks anyway. .
Well that is curious about the adjustable height feature not working - does it work for you in a clean game with no custom content?
#22 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 7:34 PM
Dunno; haven`t tried yet: it wasn`t important enough to me to bother. ::shrug:: Perhaps I will try someday, though. Do you know of any specific CC that is a likely culprit? If so, I`ll check to see if I`m using it. Meanwhile, I`m having bigger issues with AL than not being able to height-adjust wall-mounted things.

"ooogie ooogie ooo ahga ooogie ooo ooo" [Sims 1 music I was listening to while typing this. ]

Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
Dunno; haven`t tried yet: it wasn`t important enough to me to bother. ::shrug:: Perhaps I will try someday, though. Do you know of any specific CC that is a likely culprit? If so, I`ll check to see if I`m using it. Meanwhile, I`m having bigger issues with AL than not being able to height-adjust wall-mounted things.
Sorry about your AL problems. No, I don't know of CC that might affect the height adjust because I haven't had a problem with it. I find the height adjust very useful for cluttering up the walls.
#24 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 6:30 PM
Ah well, thanks for trying. At least my AL issues aren`t big enough to make me uninstall it and go without. Yes, I am patched, and I`m using J.M. Pescado`s AL fixes package, too.

Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 10:00 PM
Sorry for this, but I'm horrible at the somewhat technical jargon found on this site. I have all the expansion packs, which one do I need to install, and where should I put it? I'm sure you've said it in your instructions, but I can't seem to find where.
Page 1 of 6