Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

23 Recolours of Maxis' Tieback Curtains

by sarah*rose Posted 28th Feb 2010 at 5:58 PM - Updated 2nd Mar 2010 at 1:10 AM by sarah*rose

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 6:19 PM
Thank you so much for these! They're incredible!
I always loved the maxis curtains but never really used them because of the colors. Now not only can I have them in tame colors, but there are sooo many choices! These are going to go up on all of my sims' windows.

Siggy
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 7:15 PM
Thank you thank you thank you! I've been meaning to make recolors of this curtain for my game but always put it off. Now I don't have to! Really, it is a nice mesh and looks great... shame Maxis released it in such tacky colors!

Thanks!

G.K. Chesterton said, “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
Alchemist
#4 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 9:12 PM
Thankyou so much, are these also for the double windows?

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 9:42 PM
I was just thinking that I needed to do a few green recolors of these to go with a house I'm building and here they were when I logged in. Thanks for saving me a lot of time.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 9:52 PM
Nice colours! Great work! Thank you!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 12:02 AM Last edited by sarah*rose : 1st Mar 2010 at 12:25 AM.
ekrubynaffit: Yes, these colours also work for the single-tile short tieback curtain and the double-wide version.

Thanks everyone!

Remember, being paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 3:59 AM
I'm always a sucker for curtain recolors. This are brilliant. Thank you for sharing.
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 12:23 PM
Thank you so much for these recolors! They are exactly what I needed! *Smooch*
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 12:40 PM
These are great, my Victorian sims will happy to know that a wider variety of curtains is no longer just a dream.

Thanks so much for your hard work!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 4:25 PM
Nice colors! Thank you for doing this, your choices are very nice.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 11:41 PM Last edited by edejan : 2nd Mar 2010 at 6:16 PM.
These are great recolors! Great variety and sublety! Do they also work with the double wide curtains? Thanks!!

Edit: Doh...just noticed your pic of the double wide. So thanks again!!!!
Instructor
#13 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 8:15 PM
Thank you!
Alchemist
#14 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 9:45 PM
I love these! Thank you so much for making them. I've wanted this kind of thing forever.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
Edit: Doh...just noticed your pic of the double wide. So thanks again!!!!

Don't worry, you didn't just "miss" the picture before. I added it so people wouldn't have to ask.

Remember, being paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.
Instructor
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 3:15 AM
Sarah, it's always nice when someone comes up with something that is SO needed. Thank you for the variety. Great colors!
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#17 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 3:07 PM
These curtains were always my favourites - I used them even with the lack of colours - now I have lots of colours!!! That's so great.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Meet Me In My Next Life
#18 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 7:53 AM
These are so GREAT! thanks so much for sharing.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 8th May 2010 at 8:17 PM
How come I missed these?! These are spectacular!

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 14th May 2010 at 10:19 PM Last edited by bumblebee560 : 14th May 2010 at 10:19 PM. Reason: typo
Hooray, now I have curtains to match any of my rooms! Whee! ^.^
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 6:57 PM
I love these!!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 8:17 PM Last edited by omgrawr213 : 21st Jun 2010 at 8:18 PM. Reason: already answered my question
AH! I was always bugged by the stinginess of Maxis when providing recolors for these pretty awesome curtains... so thanks!

When the smoke clears, you can consider us even.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 7:40 AM
Nice looking recolours, it was hard to mix and match with the limited colours available, not so bad now, thanks for all the hard work

Digital Art Portfolio http://www.gcmax.co.uk
Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 2:14 PM
awesome!!!<3
Page 1 of 2