Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ye Olde Grandfather Clock

by Ambular Posted 22nd Oct 2010 at 11:49 PM - Updated 20th Apr 2013 at 5:19 AM by Ambular

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 35 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 12:45 AM
Great job! Thank you! Just the other day I was in the mood to put in a grandfather clock, and realized with disappointment that there was not one in all my accumulated CC! Well, thanks to you there now will be!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 2:40 AM
Nice
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 3:14 AM
I've missed the grandfather clock! I put it in every house in S2. Thanks for this great gift!!! :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 6:30 AM
This is excellent! Between tis and Late Night, I may actually start playing the Sims 3 more than 2.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 9:14 AM
Gorgeous ! My victorian houses will have it.Thank you so much.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 9:55 AM
A must have!
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 1:44 PM
Could you tell me which buy mode category the clock appears in, I can't find it in my game.

Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 2:16 PM
Just what I missed! Thanks!!!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxine
Could you tell me which buy mode category the clock appears in, I can't find it in my game.

Thanks.

It appears in Decorative/Miscellaneous.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 12:25 AM
Oh this is great! Just what I was missing in a lot of my homes! THANKS!

For some reason I'm not getting the different presets though, they're all of the first one. Don't know if it's just me...could I have done something wrong?

Thanks again!
DB
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 12:30 AM Last edited by Ambular : 24th Oct 2010 at 1:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by K9DB
Oh this is great! Just what I was missing in a lot of my homes! THANKS!

For some reason I'm not getting the different presets though, they're all of the first one. Don't know if it's just me...could I have done something wrong?

Thanks again!
DB

No problem. I'm not sure what could cause an issue like that; no one else has reported it. You might try deleting your cache files and letting them regenerate. Also, what expansions and/or Stuff Packs have you got installed, and are they all patched up to current?

ETA: I have noticed that the presets sometimes take a little while to switch after I click on them (and may not until I click to accept the change.) Do you see the presets in the thumbnails, or not at all?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 3:28 AM
Thank you, I've missed this clock.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 9:08 AM
This is great, I love that it tells time, the one I've seen remade earlier didn't and I like that you got the textures clear, it looks really good in game. May I ask why you didn't put them with all the other clocks? My decorative/misc section is overflowing so I can't find anything in there! lol
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 3:27 PM
Thank you, I love these clocks
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by paigeturnersims
May I ask why you didn't put them with all the other clocks? My decorative/misc section is overflowing so I can't find anything in there! lol

Well, I left it in Decorative/Misc because it's cloned from the Town Clock, which is in Decorative/Misc. I think the other clocks are in Electronics, which doesn't quite fit, because this one's not electronic, it's clockwork.

If it really bugs you, you can change the category yourself using S3OC (available here: http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu....php?board=20.0) It's not difficult, just make a backup copy before you change anything.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 7:45 AM
Charming, thank you - I wish I had seen these sooner
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 4:35 AM
Wow I love this, thank you!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 12:38 PM
This clock was always with the Sims in version 1 and 2 and I can't understand why EA has skipped this object in version 3.
Thank you very much for filling this gap. :-)
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 9:04 PM
This is nice, but... it doesn't show up in my game. I downloaded and installed the clock twice. And nothing.

The file is in Mods/Packages... but it doesn't show up
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Naiad
This is nice, but... it doesn't show up in my game. I downloaded and installed the clock twice. And nothing.

The file is in Mods/Packages... but it doesn't show up

Gosh, I'm sorry. Can you tell me which expansions you have, whether your game is fully patched and whether other custom content is showing up properly?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 6:00 AM
Thanks for the clock! I love stuff like this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 2:21 PM
I had a clock that looked like this one, but after I uninstalled all my downloads to reinstall them again, it was gone. So I think this lost clock came with a other download I didn't reinstall. So I'am very pleased with your clock. I love it, this kind of clock is the only clock I like. So thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 1:36 PM
My hero!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 3:12 AM
*Throws a party* FINALLY somebody gets a Grandfather clock in the game. You are awesome.
Page 1 of 2