Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 3:51 PM
Default The Broken Home Challenge
Story:
Dear Diary,
todays my birthday.I got a 10 simolean note.I thought it would be great,but i saw dad hit mum.All he does is shout and slap.After work he just eats and sleeps.Every night i hear mum screaming and crying.Mum said she'll leave him,but she hasnt.Becky wails at night.I wish he was gone.

So this is a story.The toddler dosent have to be called Becky,i just chosse that.You can make a child or a teen.The dad should be in the political,military or culinary carrer.Your mum should stay at home,crying.You are best friends with her and your sibling.Because of all this cruelty,your life is horrid

the goals:
see dadslap mum
stay out at park after curfew 3 times
hug brother or sister
argue with dad
have one friend from school
at teen,have dad fight her
slap dad
comfort mum at least once a week(by hugging or if shes upset)
see dad having an affair.

by the time your sim is a young adult.talk to the mum seven times for a week.when you have,make the myum break up with the dad.i will edit soon.please tell me ideas.
get detention 2 times

sims are be teh awsome way of life[I][B]
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 7:50 AM
This has a lot of potential, just go further with it
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lorenrose1013
This has a lot of potential, just go further with it

thx,ill try
Instructor
#4 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 9:02 PM
I played your challenge and it turned out very very realistic.
I hope, I can continue this challenge, but I really hate the father who beats his daughter. All the violence on your list happened to my little teen girl at the first day.
Pictures will follow.
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VampireSim
I played your challenge and it turned out very very realistic.
I hope, I can continue this challenge, but I really hate the father who beats his daughter. All the violence on your list happened to my little teen girl at the first day.
Pictures will follow.

Im glad somone tried it,and i would love to see pictures.to be honest,i modeled the dad on my dads dad.When i did it it spaned from the first day to a bit before half way of her teen years.
Instructor
#6 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 7:39 PM Last edited by VampireSim : 30th Sep 2011 at 12:06 PM. Reason: corrected my bad grammar
Cindy is living with her father Ted, her mother Nora, brother Zack and little sister Rachel. Ted is a brutal a**hole. From the very beginning he is searching for trouble. He beats the neighbors and he always shouts at his daughter Cindy.

Zack, Cindys brother, is a shy bookworm.

Every night he meets his girlfriend outside, when his father is sleeping.

Nora, Cindys mother, is also shy, but enough is enough. One day, she decided to make a stand against Ted.

But Cindy is the main victim of Teds attacks.

The only person that Ted reprieves is his daughter Rachel.

Most of the time ...

I'm glad, that there are also moments of easiness.

Will this fire change his mind?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 12:27 AM
This looks fun I'm gonna try it now :P

Don't Cry for me I'm ordinary and unimportant
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VampireSim
Cindy is living with her father Ted, her mother Nora, brother Zack and little sister Rachel. Ted is a brutal a**hole. From the very beginning he is searching for trouble. He beats the neighbors and he always shouts at his daughter Cindy.

Zack, Cindys brother, is a shy bookworm.

Every night he meets his girlfriend outside, when his father is sleeping.

Nora, Cindys mother, is also shy, but enough is enough. One day, she decided to make a stand against Ted.

But Cindy is the main victim of Teds attacks.

The only person that Ted reprieves is his daughter Rachel.

Most of the time ...

I'm glad, that there are also moments of easiness.

Will this fire change his mind?

yours is amazing! i love it soo much
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 3:24 AM
I want to try this tonight, but I like to go into detail..I hope you don't mind..if it turns out like your guideline, I will post it. Either way, it will be fun to try! Thanks for posting it.
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 5:03 AM
Im so doing this :D
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 12:22 PM
Default Broken Home Part 1
So, today is my 14th birthday and my life sucks. My mom Caroline gave me some money to spend and my evil father yelled at her for it. He's always yelling. He thinks I can't hear him scream at mom all the time but I can and I do. In all my life, I can't remember a time when he was nice. He's always hated me. I just can't figure out why he is mean to mom all the time. All he does is yell at her. She cries so much. She tries to hide it from me but I catch her sometimes, crying, hiding her pretty face.

I feel bad for mom but he yells at me too. I'm Hillary by the way. Dad, or Brad as I call him, told me when I turned 13 that he was not my father and that I should call him Brad. I asked my mom, secretly happy that he wasn't but mom swore he was. Brad said I can't be his because I have none of his features and mom's eyes. He has really gotten worse towards me in the last year. His job is hard. He's in the military and he takes his frustrations out on mom and me when I'm in his sight. I try to avoid him but our house is small and mom thinks I should spend time with him. I have tried, but it just doesn't work. When we get close to each other, we fight.

We had a very heated arguement earlier today. He hasn't told me happy birthday. What would it hurt for him to show a little interest in me? What did I do to him to make him hate me so much? After mom gave me the money, he got in my face and screamed at me....his face contorting into a scary mask of hate and ire. I was scared to death. But on the other hand, I was sick to death of him yelling at me for no reason. He told me I was a worthless ingrate. So I slapped him silly.

I know I shouldn't have done it and I'm lucky he didn't hit me back. I ran when I saw the rage on his face. I had to escape the house. Mom was crying and yelling for me to stay but I couldn't. I feared for my life. Brad was unpredictable when he was angry and I crossed a line by hitting him. I ran to the park to think and give him time to go to sleep. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face knowing I had finally fought back!

I sat on that swing for hours....dragging my feet through the dirt and drawing letters. When I snapped out of one of my countless replays of hitting Brad, I saw that I had drawn the words, "I hate you Brad" in the dirt. A bright light hit my face making me raise a hand to shield my eyes. It was a policewoman. My jaw dropped. Had Brad called the police on me? "Young lady, you are out way past curfew. I just happened to be driving by when I saw you here. I'm afraid you will have to come with me." I followed her to the patrol car and sadly got inside. I didn't enjoy the ride home nor did I look forward to the lecture I knew mom would give me.

To be continued............

*I'll add to this later. I don't want to flood the page all in one post. I've broken it down in parts....part 2 later.*
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 7:56 AM
Default Broken Home Part 2
After the lecture, Mom sent me to my room. I ran into our crappy little house which was left to mom by her grandfather years and years ago. The house was one step away from being condemned. Brad never gave mom any money and he wouldn't let her work so she couldn't do much in the line of fixing it up. She kept it clean though. I helped her when I found something out of place and I kept my room clean. I didn't want to put any more on mom. I had just settled on the bed when I heard the front door slam and Brad's angry voice. He screamed at mom that someone at his job had seen mom with another man. I tiptoed to the door and inched it open. The sight that greeted me was horrible.

Brad had slapped my mom! I saw red. I yanked the door inward and started into the hall. I caught mom's eyes. She shook her head pointedly at me. I seethed inside wanting so much to kill that son of a beep for putting his hands on momma. She was still staring at me, pleading with her eyes. I ducked my head and went back in my room. The screaming went on for hours. Mostly Brad but mom would yell back. My little sister Bella started wailing. I ran to get her. She didn't need to be in the midst of all that. I found her on the living room floor, her toys scattered around her. I scooped her up and held her close.

I took Bella to our room and played with her, trying to keep her mind off the drama in the house. Finally, the front door slammed and the house grew quiet. I could then hear my mom crying. I had long since tucked Bella in bed, her crib in my room. I quietly slipped to mom's door but it was locked. I couldn't comfort her so I went back to my room and fell into bed. When I stepped off the bus the next day, something told me to look in the window before going in. This is what I saw.

I had brought a friend home with me from school but I didn't want to take her inside to see mom like that. I made an excuse so that I could run in first. When mom heard the door, she jumped up as I knew she would. She smiled as I introduced her to MaryKay. She left us alone while she made dinner. MaryKay knew something was wrong when I grew quiet after seeing mom that way. She asked me what was wrong. I told her bits and pieces of my life story. She stood up and hugged me tightly.

MaryKay assured me that I could come to her house anytime it got bad here. She also said that I could talk to her anytime. I thanked her but I knew I would do neither. After MaryKay went home, I finally had the chance to talk to mom. Through her tears she told me that Brad hadn't come home at all last night. I wasn't surprised and I wondered why she cried so much. I wanted to ask but I didn't want to hurt her feelings. Mom went to bed early after I promised to watch Bella. When Brad came home, I was ready. I met him outside and yelled at him for making mom worry.

He cussed me out. He told me to mind my own business and that he would do anything he wanted to do and that I couldn't tell him how to run his life. I cowered in fear as he screamed at me. What was I thinking? I tried to apologize for making him mad but when I looked up, his hands looked as though he was about to strangle me. I took a step back and bent before him hoping he would see my surrender and leave me alone.

It worked in my favor. He yelled at me some more before grabbing my arm and pulling me up to face him.
"I still owe you for hitting me you little bitch." He hissed in my face. I was so scared I feared I would faint. The anger quickly left his face only to be replaced by a huge grin. My brow furrowed in confusion. He let me go then pushed me away. I wondered what he was thinking but I knew better than to ask. I watched confused as he stepped away from me. Then I watched in horror as he unbuckled his belt. I got goosebumps when I heard the woosh his belt made as he yanked it off. He folded it in his hand and reached out to grab me. He was intent on spanking me. Without thinking, I ran. I ran with all the strength and speed I could muster. I didn't stop even after I was free from our block and I was sure he wasn't chasing me.

It was dark and I was scared. I wandered around a bit, trying to remember how to get to the park from our remote house. I had to hide a few times from cars that passed because I wasn't sure which ones were police and which weren't. I hadn't been to the park in ages. Brad didn't let me go far. To school and the doctor was about as far as I had ever been. I couldn't find the playground but I found another park. I worried that I wouldn't find my way home. I shouldn't have because no sooner than my butt hit the bench, the officer was yelling at me to get in his car.

I didn't look forward to the drive home. I watched wordlessly as the landscape slipped by. I didn't realize I had traveled so far. It took a long time to get back to my house. The officer spoke with mom about this being my second time getting caught out after curfew. She shot me piercing glances as she told the officer she would definitely handle me and that this would not happen again. The officer smiled at mom, nodded at me, got in his car and drove off leaving me to face my angry mother.
"I don't believe you Hillary. What has gotten into you? How many times are you going to sneak out like this?" I could tell she didn't expect an answer, but something in me snapped. I let loose a torrent on her.
"Mom, don't you see...Brad is going to kill one of us sooner or later. I don't know why you hang on to that horrible man. You are not happy living like this. Our house is a piece of crap...Bella has to sleep in my room because there isn't room for her in your's. I'm 14 mom and I do not have a normal life. I'm sick of living like this." I threw my hands up in the air, then gasped in horror. Mom looked as though she had been slapped. I had never spoken to mom that way. I knew I had to do some damage control. I clasped my hands in front of myself begging her to consider what I had said.

More to come.....
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 7:12 AM
Default Broken Home Part 3
Mom ignored me after she told me to go to my room and stay there. I tried to get her to hear me but she just turned her back to me and wouldn't speak. I went to my room, got dressed for bed and laid down. The next morning, mom got a call. She came to my room and told me she had an emergency with some distant relatives and that she had to leave for the day. She wanted me to take care of Bella and Brad. She looked so worried and scared, I could only nod. She hugged me close and whispered an apology in my ear.

When Brad got off work, he was quick to demand to know where mom had gone. I told him what little she told me. Brad told me he was going out for supper and for me to go to bed by 10. I rolled my eyes...as if I would listen to him. I played with Bella, fed her and got her ready for bed. She was out by 8. I sat on the couch watching movies, somewhere around 10, I heard Brad's car pull up. I quickly turned the television off and ran to my room. I closed the door and stood behind it. I could hear a female's voice. My brows furrowed....it was not my mom. I sat in the chair and waited....devising a plan.

When I heard Brad's bedroom door close, I snuck to my own door and inched it open. I tiptoed down the hall and listened. I heard a few giggles from the female and then Brad's gruff laughter. Then it grew quiet. I heard mumbling but I couldn't make out the words. With my camera in hand, I slowly opened the door, quietly so they wouldn't hear. I made sure the flash was off and started snapping pictures. Brad was cheating on my mom in her house!!!

I screamed at the couple making out on the bed. Brad jumped up and I ran around to his side of the bed.
"What are you doing? Why are you doing this to my mom?" I yelled into his shocked face.
"You little brat, always in the way. Go to your room now. We will discuss this later."
"Hell no I won't, we can discuss this now!" I shouted back.

He had me so mad. I could have punched his face in for what he was doing. I turned on his mistress.
"Did you know he is a married man but that he abuses us and won't claim me as his daughter just because I don't have his features or eye color? Is this the kind of man you want? He's worthless. He hits my mom, he cusses and screams at me. Look at him now, does he look like a rational adult to you?"
She stood stunned. She stammered a quick apology and ran from the room. I turned on Brad and got in his face again. Anger got the better of me and I slapped him.

He pushed past me, all anger gone. I followed him out of the room. He went to the front door...paused...then went out. I sank in a chair, shaking with anger and fear. How would I break this to my mom? I remembered my camera. I grabbed it from the floor where it had fallen and ran to my room. I quickly set up my printer and made double copies of each picture I took. I was going to show them to my mother just as soon as she came home....I wasn't sure when that would be. I was still angry and just had to get out of the house. I called the lady that kept Bella sometimes and waitied anxiously on her to arrive. When she did, I took off. I walked in the woods hoping to avoid the police. For hours I walked. When I stopped to rest on a park bench, Trigger was there. He kissed me passionately when we embraced.

Trigger and I cuddled on a bench hidden by some bushes. He listened while I told him what happened. He gave me gentle squeezes as I told my tale and then told him my background. He turned to me and promised I would never have to feel that lonely ever again. A rustle in the bushes broke us apart. An officer stepped out. Trigger took off running, trying to pull me along behind himself. I couldn't do that. I stood firm. I told him to run though as I turned to face the music.

I wasn't worried about the ride home. No one was there to lecture me. I paid the babysitter and thanked her. Bella was still sleeping. I showered and got into bed, my lips still warm and feeling Trigger's.
Mom was home when I got up. I was running late. I had to hurry through my breakfast and get on the bus since I had missed the day before. I knew I would have detention because I didn't get my homework done either. When I finally got home from school, I found mom watching tv in the living room. I sat on the sofa beside her, ready to tell her about last night. I started out gently...
"Mom, I'm sorry to have to tell you this....but Brad brought a woman home last night. I have pictures if you would like to see them. I'm sorry momma."
"He brought a woman here?" She shrieked, then she flipped out.

After a long evening of crying and talking. She decided she would kick Brad out that night. I was so happy but I kept it inside. I didn't want her to know I was thrilled when she was hurting. I'm sorry that it took something like this to get rid of him but it's his fault, not mine. I had to comfort mom again and again.

I wasn't home to witness mom put Brad out. She sent me to MaryKay's house. She put Bella to bed early. I was terrified that Brad would hurt her and I worried that if I left, I couldn't protect her. She wouldn't hear it. She told me she could handle herself and literally pushed me out the door before he got there. I walked slowly down the block to MaryKay's house. I told MaryKay just was was going down at my house. She knew I was restless so she invited my boyfriend over to keep my mind off things. She was the only one in town that I had breathed my deep secret to. I was in love with Trigger. When he arrived, he opened his arms to me. I ran to him. Trigger held me in his arms and I felt safe. Nothing could hurt me with Trigger close.

MaryKay gave us some privacy in her back yard. It was dim but I could see my house from her yard. I kept looking over there. I never heard anything. Trigger tried to keep my mind off of home but he couldn't completely. He held me and tried to comfort me. Finally, after what seemed like hours, Brad stormed out of the house, 2 suitcases in his hands. I jumped from Triggers arms and ran to the house. I had to check on mom. When the door opened, she was standing near the sofa, looking lost and sad.

I ran to her and threw my arms around her. She hugged me hard.
"It's over Hillary. It's over." She sighed.
"I'm sorry mom. I love you. Was it bad?" I asked in a small voice.
"No. I told him I wanted him out and he smiled. He said he was coming home to tell me he was leaving me anyway. He said he would never bother us again."
"Oh mom. I'm sorry it had to happen but now maybe you can find someone who loves you, and maybe even likes me and Bella."
Mom smiled and hugged me close once more.

With Brad out of the house, mom got a job. I got a raise at my job and between the two incomes, we managed to buy a few things for the house but the rest of our money we are saving. Mom has her eye on a house on a hill. I had mentioned a couple of times that there was a nice man that I knew that was going through a divorce and he would be perfect for her. Mom would change the subject when I brought it up. I finally got her to sit with me and talk about him. What she didn't know, at the time was that he was outside waiting on her to agree to see him. I ran the idea by her while she was watching her cooking shows.
"Mom, I invited someone over for supper. I have baked salmon in the oven. Please don't be rude...he's waiting outside."

"Well, let him in."
I served the food as mom talked to him on the sofa. Bella was playing nicely with her toys. When I called them to the table, they were deep in conversation. I put Bella in her high chair and fed her as I ate standing up. I didn't want to intrude on the now happy pair. They seemed to be enjoying each other's company. After Bella was fed, I cleaned her up and took her to our room to play with her dolls. Every now and then, I would hear mom laugh. Something she hadn't done in a long time. When I walked out to get a drink after I put Bella to bed, they were cuddled on the sofa together.

Maybe this will be the change we need in this family. I can only hope.

The End.
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 7:07 PM
Thank you everyone who has played this challenge(i had to make a new acount, i forgot my password :s)
Scholar
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 8:09 PM
I think I may try this...It will help relieve my sims boredom ^^
Yep, I'm gonna do it, pics to come!

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by minimogut
I think I may try this...It will help relieve my sims boredom ^^
Yep, I'm gonna do it, pics to come!

Thanks! I can't wait to see your pics
Scholar
#17 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladygagasimsfan
Thanks! I can't wait to see your pics

Okay, I can't get the slap interaction to pop up. The father sim and the mother sim fought for nearly five sim hours yesterday, but nothing said one could slap the other... I'm going to see what I can do about it today, though...

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Scholar
#18 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by minimogut
Okay, I can't get the slap interaction to pop up. The father sim and the mother sim fought for nearly five sim hours yesterday, but nothing said one could slap the other... I'm going to see what I can do about it today, though...

Yep, I cannot make him slap her, or her slap him or anything. They only yell at eachother for ages. It's just yelling for hours...darn

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 5:48 AM
This is great. I think I'm going to do this, but my story will be that the father hates the mom and teenage daughter because they're supernaturals, and he's a massive skeptic.

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
May the Goddess walk with you.

Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the law, love under will.
93 93/93